No Oppo Supporters The TAN 73 - Home of the reigning premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put on some Lynynd Skynyrd,Second Helping album last night and listened outside in the heat.

Magnificent guitar tones and creamy warm bass guitar,70’s were really the best decade of rock imho.
Late '60's to mid '70's for me.

Second Helping is a brilliant album. What a band. In the top handful American bands of all time as far as I'm concerned. What a tragic loss Ronnie Van Zant was.

Put on some Lynynd Skynyrd,Second Helping album last night and listened outside in the heat. Magnificent guitar tones and creamy warm bass guitar,70’s were really the best decade of rock imho. Mountains of creative music,prog,blues,funk,jazz rock,hard rock. Instruments like the rhodes piano,mellotron,hammond,guitar tones to die for.Before corporate businessmen came in and destroyed it.70’s!
After that I put on Stephen Stills Manassas.
+1... 👍 :heart:👍

Happy for people to protest for causes they believe in but bullying people doing their jobs throwing them on the ground and spitting on people is a s**t act

Few of those flogs need a smack in the mouth
And now they're considering compensation for those who were hurt by the cops.
No worries go for it i say.
Every worker who was docked pay because they were late will now have names to who they can sue over loss of income.

Superb music...just takes me back to Buffalo Springfield, Eagles, America, CSN+Y, Neil Young...echoes...echoes of when music had an immediate passionate impact on me, it resonated within me and moved my soul! Strange thing to say about another Country's commercial music...ohhh what's that sound growing around...
Now I have no connection anymore to that wonderful youthful exuberant energy it's passed me all by...I only have the memories...
As TSElliot once wrote...I grow old and I wear the ends of my trousers rolled... 👍 :p👍

Last edited:
Made the news?
What exactly was the massage they got through?

Still protesting after three days??
What? What does that actualy mean?

Protesting in what they believe in rather than whinge about it?
What do they believe in? And you dont think they're winging?
According to our illustrious leader these protests are forcing corporations to change their ways, that's a win for us all if "their way" is bad.

According to our illustrious leader these protests are forcing corporations to change their ways, that's a win for us all if "their way" is bad.

whole point of protesting in the first place isn’t it

So you support this groups right to protest and have no issue with it "whatsoever"?
If thats the case then you must support their tactics, otherwise you would condemn it like 99.95% of Australians.
99.95% you are dreaming, did you not see the result of that little fun survey you participated in? take your blinkers off, people want action from the big polluters and if protesting is the only way so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so according to you only the right have extremists, fmd the left are angels, that is a major issue with the leftists, we acknowledge that there are dickhead right wingers, but the left are all sane reasonable people that glue themselves to road.........lol lol lol
Read it again

She's pretty much just plagiarized Sam Harris there haha

I think the problem with the left is that the face of the left isn't the reality (I just plagiarized him there). Whereas with the right you know that the alt-right are the extremes, you don't get that with the left cos of cancel culture and stuff and so the vast majority of people who's politics fall in line with the left are drowned out by a very vocal minority, and are afraid of the outrage culture that sees people get fired and stuff.

It's defs not as bad in Australia as it is in America, but the whole movement gets painted as the fringe nut jobs when the reality is if you asked the standard Labor or Greens voter they know there are difference in men and women, they have issues with people transitioning kids at a young age, they well regulated capitalism not communism, they don't want open borders but a more humane approach etc.

But the reaction from the very vocal minority on social media means you would never know this, especially if you all you listen to is Sky/Fox News and the Murdoch press because they love to caricature the left.
You know bill maher said the same thing. Even though you agreed you felt you should nitpick...why?

what drugs are you on?
Basically the public service run things anyway, haven't you watched 'yes minister'

No.

Why can't people be lifted out of inequality without compromising the bottom line of big corporation?

Where are all the Sensible Centrist at? There are lots of good ideas from the Left and Right. Why can't a party exist to meld all these ideas and make it work?
Too many arseholes in the world who are out for number 1, that’s why.

Where are all the Sensible Centrist at? There are lots of good ideas from the Left and Right. Why can't a party exist to meld all these ideas and make it work?

because the right went all nut case which provoked an equal and opposite reaction. Newton’s third law.

This album my mum bought in the 70’s was my first introduction to Lyrnyrd Skynyrd.

Loved this song from the compilation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back