List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agency 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most people here seemed to have missed what was reported. This is Sam Gray walking out on us, not us getting rid of him.

All the games he played this year are irrelevant because he was still the best performing option for his role in 2019 and we still wanted to keep him as depth on our list. Having said that he's not a massive loss and hopefully some of our other small forwards can step up next year.

Offering a 1 year deal on less money when we have a decent amount of cap space doesn’t scream “we really want you to stay”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Offering a 1 year deal on less money when we have a decent amount of cap space doesn’t scream “we really want you to stay”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah cause hes depth. We recognised that and gave him an offer proportional to his place on our list. We cant overpay depth players.

He's walking out on us because he wants a two year contract and we won't offer it to him. If it were up to me we wouldn't even be offering him a one year deal, but it's not quite as simple as 'he's walking out on us, not us getting rid of him'.

Yeah we're offering him a deal proportional to him being a depth player with us. We are being honest with where we and he are at for next year and that he shouldnt be best 22 in an ideal world.

He explored his options during trade period and found people that wanted him but didnt want to pay for him, so now he's walking out on us to take one of those options.

Like I agree 100% with what you said, you just provided the context of why he's walking out

In an ideal world, Sam Skinner and Zac Sproule please. De-list and rookie list Mayes and McKenzie. That would leave us five possible picks in the main draft. (35 plus 4 rookies) Take 3 or 4 depending on when Mead gets selected. Possibly one pick plus Burgoyne in rookie draft. So 38 plus 6 or 39 plus 5. (plus one cat B)

Wylie Buzza

Poised to join Port Adelaide on a one-year deal as early as Friday. After the Power lost Billy Frampton and Paddy Ryder last month, Buzza will provide key forward depth. The 23-year-old kicked 32 goals from 17 games in the VFL this year. Last played AFL in round 17, 2018.

SYDNEY is set to sign ex-Hawthorn defender Kaiden Brand and former Port Adelaide forward Sam Gray as delisted free agents.

Gray is also expected to formally head to the club once the delisted free agency window officially opens on Friday (subject to AFL approval), having formally departed the Power this week.

Gray looks set to replace former Cat Daniel Menzel, who was cut earlier this week by the Swans after just one season.

Gray booted 20 goals from 20 games this year for the Power but remained without a contract offer for much of the year and eventually begun to assess his options away from Alberton Oval.

SYDNEY is set to sign ex-Hawthorn defender Kaiden Brand and former Port Adelaide forward Sam Gray as delisted free agents.

Gray is also expected to formally head to the club once the delisted free agency window officially opens on Friday (subject to AFL approval), having formally departed the Power this week.

Gray looks set to replace former Cat Daniel Menzel, who was cut earlier this week by the Swans after just one season.

Gray booted 20 goals from 20 games this year for the Power but remained without a contract offer for much of the year and eventually begun to assess his options away from Alberton Oval.
Really wanted brand

What's wrong with Menzel? Talent wise he seems to be AFL standard and appears to be over his injuries. But delisted by 2 clubs now and doesn't seem like anyone is interested in him.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think most people here seemed to have missed what was reported. This is Sam Gray walking out on us, not us getting rid of him.

All the games he played this year are irrelevant because he was still the best performing option for his role in 2019 and we still wanted to keep him as depth on our list. Having said that he's not a massive loss and hopefully some of our other small forwards can step up next year.

the club knows Mead can come in and play that role. if he's not ready, then Tobin Cox deserves a crack at that role.

Wylie Buzza

Poised to join Port Adelaide on a one-year deal as early as Friday. After the Power lost Billy Frampton and Paddy Ryder last month, Buzza will provide key forward depth. The 23-year-old kicked 32 goals from 17 games in the VFL this year. Last played AFL in round 17, 2018.
Force Frampton (22 yrs, 200cm) and Howard (23yrs,199cm) out of the club and then decide we haven't got enough talls so go after another club's rejects.

Buzza is 23 and 198cm. I don't see how he will fair any better at Ports under Hinkley than the other two.

Force Frampton (22 yrs, 200cm) and Howard (23yrs,199cm) out of the club and then decide we haven't got enough talls so go after another club's rejects.

Buzza is 23 and 198cm. I don't see how he will fair any better at Ports under Hinkley than the other two.

Buzza has not played many games at AFL Level but in that small sample size has racked up good numbers in terms of forward half pressure, tackles inside 50 etc. This does suit the forward half press style we've played (mostly, with 2018 being the exception) under Hinkley.

I think because he suits the way we want to play, he will most likely be given more opportunity than Frampton and have a bigger impact as the strategy suits his strengths. At least, he will be suited to playing up forward for the Magpies, as we should be playing the same way at both levels.

Obviously if he was a great player he would not have been cut, but at this point I am willing to give credit to the club for a) having a plan and b) recruiting a depth player that suits the way we're trying to play.

Wylie Buzza

Hmmmm

Buzz off Buzza

Genuinely puzzled as to why you've written off basically every other state league level forward in the country and yet you were a fan of Frampton.

Genuinely puzzled as to why you've written off basically every other state league level forward in the country and yet you were a fan of Frampton.
You've blown my Frampton interest out of proportion the fact is it was a chance to develop a KPF from within & instead once again we are looking at scraps.

What's wrong with Menzel? Talent wise he seems to be AFL standard and appears to be over his injuries. But delisted by 2 clubs now and doesn't seem like anyone is interested in him.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's a Menzel thing. Have you ever been to Kapunda?

Buzza has not played many games at AFL Level but in that small sample size has racked up good numbers in terms of forward half pressure, tackles inside 50 etc. This does suit the forward half press style we've played (mostly, with 2018 being the exception) under Hinkley.

I think because he suits the way we want to play, he will most likely be given more opportunity than Frampton and have a bigger impact as the strategy suits his strengths. At least, he will be suited to playing up forward for the Magpies, as we should be playing the same way at both levels.

Obviously if he was a great player he would not have been cut, but at this point I am willing to give credit to the club for a) having a plan and b) recruiting a depth player that suits the way we're trying to play.

Well he can mark the ball. Lets see what Port does with him.

Frampton got a 3 yr deal
Howard doubled his wage and 5 years.

Buzza will cost minimum afl wage for 1 year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back