Official Club Stuff 10 Year Deal With Puma

Everfields

Draftee
Nov 1, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-11-01/blues-partner-with-puma-in-landmark-deal

No disrepect intended, but ... the club should be commerical enough by now to start employing proper voice actors for our video montages and releases.

Especially for releases of this magnitude.

The person who currently does the voice over on the official puma partnership video must be an in-house employee, as they have zero resonance and sound a little nasally in their voice.

Not a major thing, but I just think we could have hit the mark a little better for such a big announcement.
I think it's the same guy who is modeling the shirts. I spoke to him the other week when I was renewing my membership and it sounds very similar in my mind. I can only assume they gave him this extra responsibility to avoid leaks, but even that doesn't make a lot of sense.

In one part of the video he reads 'live' as 'lived' as well which seems like something easily fixed so I'd say it was a rushed reveal. The fact they haven't finished designing the kit yet would also support this.
I'm generally the same as everyone else though, pretty disappointed overall and just a little bit optimistic on the regular kit because I think the subtle wave pattern on the training kit could end up looking really nice if used well. I hope they change the collar though, I've got my fingers crossed for a v neck collar.

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Hmmm I see a replica long sleeve guernsey in youth but not in adult... (yet to be released, but place is held for it)

I'll be frustrated if they don't release one. I've been waiting for years to get one and passed on the Nike ones earlier this year in favour of waiting for Puma one given the next 10 years is with them, so they better bloody release one!

Canyouhearthedrums

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Early days in a 10-year partnership. I imagine they'll release more innovative stuff down the line.

But that's the thing, it doesn't need to be innovative at all. They are already doing nice stuff generally - just make it in navy blue, stick a logo on it and charge $30 bucks more. It's like these companies dump their early 2000s excess stock on the AFL.

Alternatively, if our marketing/brand team is driving this stuff it might be time for a change. That sweat shirt with the giant logo on the back is a travesty

Last edited:

Everfields

Draftee
Nov 1, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Hmmm I see a replica long sleeve guernsey in youth but not in adult... (yet to be released, but place is held for it)

I'll be frustrated if they don't release one. I've been waiting for years to get one and passed on the Nike ones earlier this year in favour of waiting for Puma one given the next 10 years is with them, so they better bloody release one!
Do you know if a 2XL youth would fit a M/L adult?

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-11-01/blues-partner-with-puma-in-landmark-deal

No disrepect intended, but ... the club should be commerical enough by now to start employing proper voice actors for our video montages and releases.

Especially for releases of this magnitude.

The person who currently does the voice over on the official puma partnership video must be an in-house employee, as they have zero resonance and sound a little nasally in their voice.

Not a major thing, but I just think we could have hit the mark a little better for such a big announcement.

It happens to be Teague doing the voice over.

Bluez Rule

All Australian
Nov 8, 2011
Farnarcklia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Renegades, DJR Penske, Trent Rckts
Where in/near Rochy is this Sports Museum & how long has it been there? If it is worthwhile I might consider stopping there instead of driving straight through to avoid bumping into anyone I know in Rochy.
Next to the Shamrock Hotel near the turn off to Echuca. It had its official opening last weekend so very fresh.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I think it's the same guy who is modeling the shirts. I spoke to him the other week when I was renewing my membership and it sounds very similar in my mind. I can only assume they gave him this extra responsibility to avoid leaks, but even that doesn't make a lot of sense.

In one part of the video he reads 'live' as 'lived' as well which seems like something easily fixed so I'd say it was a rushed reveal. The fact they haven't finished designing the kit yet would also support this.
I'm generally the same as everyone else though, pretty disappointed overall and just a little bit optimistic on the regular kit because I think the subtle wave pattern on the training kit could end up looking really nice if used well. I hope they change the collar though, I've got my fingers crossed for a v neck collar.

It's Teague.

Back