Prediction North’s 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

My Partner is a Brisbane supporter, long may it continue! (I just hope they quickly go back to being crap again)

I just hate seeing them running around with the fitzroy logo on their chests. It's upsetting. It's like if your friend dies and some guy goes out every day wearing face as a mask.

The draw is terrible for the club commercially but the worrying aspect is the 5 free to air games. When they come for us, and rest assured the vultures will, that will be their metric. We're being pushed further off Broadway - into Bass Strait actually.- "for strategic reasons". Our only chance is to arrest this on-field mediocrity and turn the #£%★ up to games.
Our usual 2 min mention on the Sunday footy shows will be reduced to nothing with 12 Sunday games.

Would like to read everyone’s predictions/rumours of what the 2020 fixture will be.
I don’t have any predictions of my own as of yet, however here is a list of things that I would like to see in our fixture

• Play at least 3 games at the MCG
  • Play * on Good Friday (Get revenge)
  • Not another interstate game in round 1 🤞
  • At least 5 Friday night games (*, Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Brisbane)
  • At least 14 games televised on Free to air (We had 12 this year)
  • Play *, Hawthorn, Gold Coast, Richmond and Carlton twice
  • Play at least 13 games on a Saturday.
Sounds like we did ok. Don't reckon we'll get 5 Friday night games though. And I know Greta Thunberg is not happy with the amount of night footy being played in the AFL this year due to the fossil fuel emissions. But as I said to her at the naked climate change rally last week, "I'm not the one being accused of having relations with my boyfriends school teacher." I then began humming Blue Sky Mining to her thrusting my hips feverishly. She soon got it, but it's not something I'd recommend doing while naked though - I've ended up with severe bruising and lacerations on my left inner thigh. I soon got it.

Lets be honest, the AFL thinks giving us Good Friday pretty much enables them to royally **** us in every other way imaginable.

Absolutely hideous draw in terms of Victorian members, TV exposure and commercial opportunity.

GMHBA GAGF.

Tassie can GAGF too. An away game on top of the 4 'home' games is absolutely preposterous and typifies the AFL's contempt for us.

Last edited:
Lets be honest, the AFL thinks giving us Good Friday pretty much enables them to royally **** us in every other way imaginable.

Absolutely hideous draw in terms of Victorian members, TV exposure and commercial opportunity.

GMHBA GAGF.

Tassie can GAGF too. An away game on top of the 4 'home' games is absolutely preposterous and typifies the AFL's contempt for us.
Yep - and the club has been silent.

Yep - and the club has been silent.
Well, specificaly on the tassie issue, if we kicked up a stink on the 5th game then the reaction will be a resounding "well why do you choose to play there?". We hate it, obviously. But unless the club first came out and said we're done with tassie, then it would just be ammunition to s**t on us.

Well, specificaly on the tassie issue, if we kicked up a stink on the 5th game then the reaction will be a resounding "well why do you choose to play there?". We hate it, obviously. But unless the club first came out and said we're done with tassie, then it would just be ammunition to s**t on us.
Yep - well and truly snookered.

Yep. And it’s hard to kick up a fuss when you have significant Tasmanian commercial partners.

A public dressing down of the AFL and their shitty Tasmanian fixtures would test even Heath’s undoubted media management capabilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - well and truly snookered.
Unless we come out with that statement that we are done, or time framing our way out over x years.

Or i dunno go full moon landing about it and deny tasmania even exists or we ever played there.

How many Sunday twilights we score ? 😠

Nothing is going to change until WE make the headlines mate.

We MUST start to win matches. Everything else is of secondary importance.

I will never understand people gloating about noy buying a membership - so glad I turned off auto-renew - and then sooking about the crap draw we go.
You misunderstood.

I will always buy a membership but I'm not getting a full one. I turned off the auto renew that gets my family 55 gate entries a season when we used 13 last year and will have fewer than that this year.

Now that I've seen the fixture I'll get us a 5 game membership. Not sure how that contributes to a worse draw?

You misunderstood.

I will always buy a membership but I'm not getting a full one. I turned off the auto renew that gets my family 55 gate entries a season when we used 13 last year and will have fewer than that this year.

Now that I've seen the fixture I'll get us a 5 game membership. Not sure how that contributes to a worse draw?

I am going from an investment of $000's to low $00's until I can see a reason why I should invest more money.

Sick & tired of the castle of bullshit that the NMFC has become. We need to re-engage with our historical principals.

Rhyce appears to be a good start, and I like that BB appears to have shaken the place up, but I am still sitting on the fence until it plays out.

You misunderstood.

Because it gives us lower revenue, and fewer potential entries, and thus makes us seem smaller, thus justifies a shitter draw.

But I bet you feel good mate. That's the main thing.

I am going from an investment of $000's to low $00's until I can see a reason why I should invest more money.

Sick & tired of the castle of bullshit that the NMFC has become. We need to re-engage with our historical principals.

Rhyce appears to be a good start, and I like that BB appears to have shaken the place up, but I am still sitting on the fence until it plays out.
Part of the rebuild needs to be increased membership and more importantly increased attendance at games.

With low membership numbers it’s easy for the AFL to give us shitty time slots which in turn means low attendance.

I get it’s all a chicken and egg scenario but I personally feel jumping off doesn’t help the cause.

Part of the rebuild needs to be increased membership and more importantly increased attendance at games.

With low membership numbers it’s easy for the AFL to give us shitty time slots which in turn means low attendance.

I get it’s all a chicken and egg scenario but I personally feel jumping off doesn’t help the cause.

It just posing.

Because it gives us lower revenue, and fewer potential entries, and thus makes us seem smaller, thus justifies a shitter draw.

But I bet you feel good mate. That's the main thing.
I feel good about saving a couple of hundred bucks by waiting for the fixture.

But I'd rather be attending North games.

Last edited:

Fair enough Luke, but I'm not sending a message, I'm literally saving money. I'll always be a member which is the key, and so will my wife who's been to one game in ten years and one of my kids who's been once in the last 2.

Its actually the AFL who I'm shitty with here, not the club.

Wow look at the rich self righteous campaigner here who doesn't need to worry about his family's finances.

Flex all you want smart arse. We got a draw that excludes me from more games and I'm going to save some money.

If you want to save money, all good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back