Delisted 32. Jack Newnes

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great pick up for the cost, slots into best 22 round 1

He is a good pick-up for us and is likely to slow into a starting 22 post, but that won't be good news for at lest one of our young players.

The player that may have most to lose with Newnes at the club and with Martin likely coming along may be O'Brien.
It shouldn't make for too much harm for a young player to have to ramp up his game via the NB's but you'd just want the NB's to be better.

He is a good pick-up for us and is likely to slow into a starting 22 post, but that won't be good news for at lest one of our young players.

The player that may have most to lose with Newnes at the club and with Martin likely coming along may be O'Brien.
It shouldn't make for too much harm for a young player to have to ramp up his game via the NB's but you'd just want the NB's to be better.

Let's just say Newnes takes Deluca's spot

Martin to play HB to replace Thomas

I think there are a number of guys fighting for a couple of spots, if we have a reasonable injury run

I’m rapt with this addition. I think he’s been squeezed out of his favourite playing positions over the past couple of seasons and that’s why he’s opted to leave and come to us. He can play like Gaff and accumulate lots of possies.

Welcome on board Jack. If you get 34 I’m buying a new Puma jumper.

Let's just say Newnes takes Deluca's spot
Martin to play HB to replace Thomas
I think there are a number of guys fighting for a couple of spots, if we have a reasonable injury run

Of course you're aware of just how many individuals weren't in the picture for Deluca to have played at all last year - Docherty, Williamson, Marchbank, CCurnow didn't see any game time in the last third of the year and all have more than just claims to be in the starting 22.

If Newnes was to start (and I think he shall) our HB/Wings will be crowded for players jostling for position with Setterfield, Walsh, Stocker, Newnes, Martin, Williamson, Docherty, Newman, Simpson, O'Brien and then even Fisher and Dow putting in a claim.
Only the bolded would be considered certain starters all being well, but then there are only another 5 to 6 openings to get the rest in. Going to be tight.

Of course you're aware of just how many individuals weren't in the picture for Deluca to have played at all last year - Docherty, Williamson, Marchbank, CCurnow didn't see any game time in the last third of the year and all have more than just claims to be in the starting 22.

If Newnes was to start (and I think he shall) our HB/Wings will be crowded for players jostling for position with Setterfield, Walsh, Stocker, Newnes, Martin, Williamson, Docherty, Newman, Simpson, O'Brien and then even Fisher and Dow putting in a claim.
Only the bolded would be considered certain starters all being well, but then there are only another 5 to 6 openings to get the rest in. Going to be tight.

Guys like Newnes can play a number of positions, FP, HF, HB, wing, Martin similar

Marchbank is only a 3rd tall, Doc especially with his knee troubles HB, Simmo small backman, Dow only a grunt inside mid Willo, Cuners injury prone, hence why I also think LOB will be in the mix ahead of others

Guys with versatility are gold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back