Racing The Golden Eagle 2019

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure if you mean CM by CI but if you think it would be the kind of home bias I'd expect to see on Get On - truly horrendous comment

Chief Ironside. The Crystal mile is a low class race as all the good ones are not targeting it or just coming through the grades and land there as a lead up.

Chief Ironside. The Crystal mile is a low class race as all the good ones are not targeting it or just coming through the grades and land there as a lead up.

Low class race where the Epsom fave who ran second in the George Main was held easily by a UK scrubber

Is this where I bring up Listed/G3 whipping boy Cheif Ironside winning the WFA Crystal Mile?

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Low class race where the Epsom fave who ran second in the George Main was held easily by a UK scrubber

Is this where I bring up Listed/G3 whipping boy Cheif Ironside winning the WFA Crystal Mile?

Well actually the epsom fave ran 3rd in a Cox plate next start also HCP SP's are not a great guide. but this is pointless, you overrate euro form which is marginally ahead of ours at around these distances and you are hardly going to retract on that after so many years of doing the same.

Well actually the epsom fave ran 3rd in a Cox plate next start also HCP SP's are not a great guide. but this is pointless, you overrate euro form which is marginally ahead of ours at around these distances and you are hardly going to retract on that after so many years of doing the same.

When has my rating of European form ever been tested at 'these distances' apart from Saturday when I underrated it to my detriment.

Personally I think my Euro ratings have been pretty fruitful this spring :)

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When has my rating of European form ever been tested at 'these distances' apart from Saturday when I underrated it to my detriment.

Personally I think my Euro ratings have been pretty fruitful this spring :)

You have been on point as always this spring with euro form heading over.

Only one really at mile or less that's been tested is Ten Sovereigns who ran tailed off. Just saying the gap at a mile or less is not large. I'm not sure where the pendulum swings towards us as the better sprinting nation but it's around this mark.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You are kidding yourself if you believe that Crystal Mile field to be anywhere near the best mile field we could put together with "only TAS and Kolding missing".

You have been on point as always this spring with euro form heading over.

Only one really at mile or less that's been tested is Ten Sovereigns who ran tailed off. Just saying the gap at a mile or less is not large. I'm not sure where the pendulum swings towards us as the better sprinting nation but it's around this mark.

So only sprint form has been tested - apart from the UK scrubber who won a G2 WFA mile race. There has been no real test of the relative mile ability of each continent in recent years.

You are kidding yourself if you believe that Crystal Mile field to be anywhere near the best mile field we could put together with "only TAS and Kolding missing".

And you are kidding yourself if you believe 90% of the horses you mentioned would be competitive in a big G1 mile in Europe

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On available evidence, I’m not sure I could be convinced our milers are much good. A decade or so ago it was a given our sprinters were the best on the planet but I’m not even sure about that anymore.

Things are grim, and getting grimmer.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
On available evidence, I’m not sure I could be convinced our milers are much good. A decade or so ago it was a given our sprinters were the best on the planet but I’m not even sure about that anymore.

Things are grim, and getting grimmer.
I think our sprinters are just going through a lull at the moment, Am fairly confident they will come good again.
But when you retire unproven horses early and breed them with the best mares and those sires are s**t you will destroy the breed very quickly

There are some quality horses at gigantic prices in this race just quietly

Gem Song @ 50s
Behemomth @ 100s
Jonker @ 250s!
Sunlight/Mizzy around 30s

The F4 could end up paying absolute squillions if AQ gets run out of it. I'm going to have a crack at it with my ABC strategy and put AQ on the B line.

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond

Gem Song @ 50s
Behemomth @ 100s
Jonker @ 250s!

The F4 could end up paying absolute squillions if AQ gets run out of it. I'm going to have a crack at with my ABC strategy and put AQ on the B line.

Sunlight and Mizzy are juicy keen to have a small wager on both E/W.

You probably need to put horses with a winning hope in A?

They only have to run a place so long as one of the B horse wins - but I am playing for the entire pool with this kind of bet.

Pinnell

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Richmond
AFL Club
Carlton

Gem Song @ 50s
Behemomth @ 100s
Jonker @ 250s!

The F4 could end up paying absolute squillions if AQ gets run out of it. I'm going to have a crack at it with my ABC strategy and put AQ on the B line.
And I’ll bet you military Zone beats each of them home...

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You can punch a hole in a few of these. Brutal’s dry track form is ordinary. AQ has just had the wrong prep (though still might be too good). Kolding won an Epsom with 50.5 in a race where Dreamforce(!!!) was 58 I’d topweight.

Crap concept, crap race. Having said that, I’m on the Tassie Tiger at 10s💪

Gem Song @ 50s
Behemomth @ 100s
Jonker @ 250s!

Something like

A: Gem Song/ Beat Le Bon
B: AQ, Kolding, Brutal
C: Jonker, Behemoth, Sunlight

so close. Had mizzy stated but not in?

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Didnt back them each way 🤦🏽‍♂️ Win bets only ffs
Exact same bets for me, along with Arcadia Queen at $3.95 on the Fair 10 minutes before the jump. One of those annoying races where you’ve seen it well but walk away with nothing.

To be fair though can’t argue against the winner being the best horse on the day

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Exact same bets for me, along with Arcadia Queen at $3.95 on the Fair 10 minutes before the jump. One of those annoying races where you’ve seen it well but walk away with nothing.

To be fair though can’t argue against the winner being the best horse on the day
I did back Kolding but i could have cleaned up more :(

Back