Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janus , you talk about an end goal, not a road map for getting there.

We all acknowledge that we all want the team pulling in the same direction. We all acknowledge the current massive disconnect at all levels of the club.

Just hoping we can achieve that and saying that team harmony is important achieves precisely nothing. Gold Coast have probably been saying the same thing for 8 years. It's achieved through strong leadership at the top of the organisation. We currently don't have that.

It doesn't necessitate a change in personnel (although you have repeatedly claimed that getting rid of Wingard, Polec and Howard would move us closer). It does necessitate a complete change in attitude, starting with Koch at the top.

I think the new logo is a perfect opportunity to have that complete change in attitude. New identifying symbol = new direction.

Dont let them get u down janus these are just club haters and probably not even members probably dont even attend the games!

You probably need to change your medication, probably

Dont let them get u down janus these are just club haters and probably not even members probably dont even attend the games!

go away degenerate

I have a hart condition which i take medication 4... thats not funny

It wasn't a joke and has nothing to do with heart medication that I wish you all the best with.
Because someone has a different opinion to your own, they can still be passionate supporters and members, some of whom attend games, some who don't or can't for numerous reasons. The Port Adelaide family is a mixed bag. Some may express their views or concerns better than others, or louder or more aggressive, depending on the topic. That's how families are.

Quick question guys i know some of you guys rated Frampton and some of you didnt

Why did you guys get rid of him? Is there something wrong with him??

Quick question guys i know some of you guys rated Frampton and some of you didnt

Why did you guys get rid of him? Is there something wrong with him??
Because Ken failed him as a coach and gave him no real opportunity to show his worth at AFL level. I do believe imo your club has landed itself a servicable tall forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never ceases to amaze me how many posters on this forum fall for obvious bait.

Wasn't aware he was a Camry supporter.
Do now 😣. The things we learn.

Again, this won't just happen because supporters wish really hard.

Someone has to actually drive this change.

"There are only three ways to address a situation and create some change: 1. appeal to authority; 2. action as a superior; 3. action as an equal."

You want action as a superior (i.e. the President starts cracking heads, or the CEO does, or the coach does, and it filters down the line), whereas I'm advocating action as an equal, which is the strongest and most powerful method of change because it comes from a position where there is no imbalance of power and is done purely out of love. Love is the greatest power in the cosmos - greater than hate or fear.

It is the power of philia - brotherly love - that we need to cultivate. And that comes from connection and feeling as a family.

"We can only understand what we identify with, and we become what we identify with when we do so on a regular and repeated basis."

Because Ken failed him as a coach and gave him no real opportunity to show his worth at AFL level. I do believe imo your club has landed itself a servicable tall forward.
Is that for real I didn’t mind him when you guys played us and unless he had a falling out with admin I found it a lil strange tbh unless there’s something PAFC know that we all don’t?

Is that for real I didn’t mind him when you guys played us and unless he had a falling out with admin I found it a lil strange tbh unless there’s something PAFC know that we all don’t?
Lack of opportunity for tall players at Port is the norm under Hinkley.

Lack of opportunity for tall players at Port is the norm under Hinkley.
I’ve actually noticed that, why??
He seems to favour smaller Sam gray types and then delists him which I thought although he’s not a superstar I would say he was one of your better or more consistent performers

very strange indeed 🤔

are you sure there’s nothing wrong with frampton? Like an injury or major flaw in his game? How did the fans feel about this trade?

He seems to favour smaller Sam gray types and then delists him which I thought although he’s not a superstar I would say he was one of your better or more consistent performers

very strange indeed 🤔

are you sure there’s nothing wrong with frampton? Like an injury or major flaw in his game? How did the fans feel about this trade?

He rates very highly pressure acts, running, effort and consistency.

He rates very lowly height, talent, ability and structure.

Framptons 'flaw' is often said to be his temperament. He is easy to get angry and can do dumb things which will get punished by good scragging defenders at AFL level.

Otoh I'd probably get pretty angry as a tall forward with Ken as head coach too, so who knows if it's really a problem.

I think most fans didn't care too much at this point. His opportunity was lost in 2018.

He rates very highly pressure acts, running, effort and consistency.

He rates very lowly height, talent, ability and structure.
He rates very lowly defenders, or anyone, who delegate their assigned forward or opponent to a team-mate and run forward, alone, in search of Brownlow points.

very strange indeed 🤔

The only flaw I can see, he tends to get himself reported more than most. I think the fans were split, I was a Frampton fan, but Hinkley would say he's not ready.
You must understand towards the end of the season, Ken decided to play Ryder ahead of premier ship ruck Lycett. He played Sam Grey ahead of some one like Farrell, Dropped Howard and would not play Billy when we were in need of a marking in form forward.
Where are these players now, Ryder, Howard - Saints. Frampton - Crows and I think Sam will end up in Sydney.

We have a coach who favours talls, a forwards coach in bassett that should be coaching the defence, Voss, well I don't know what he does any more.

Frampton just wanted to play AFL.

wow, Hinkley doesn’t sound too good based on what I’ve been told here I always thought that port supporters unfairly stuck the knife into ken just outta frustration, but yeah interesting choices.. anyway Thanks guys appreciate the responses.

I’ll have to take a closer look at Frampton, any standout games from him? Thought he played alright against us in one of the games?

anywho some of you probably want me off your board and that’s fine I will go shortly just thought during the off/season trade period is a good time to take the lunatic supporter hat off for a sec and just enjoy the talent that exists in the AFL!
Cheers

I think the new logo is a perfect opportunity to have that complete change in attitude. New identifying symbol = new direction.

The new logo means nothing, it’s ad hoc marketing, it’s poor by design. It has some intent but missed the mark, a bit like KKK.

Why do you think the prison bars are so revered? Because the flags that were one whilst wearing it - not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back