News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the logo change is just for a year or two so Puma can be seen to have put their own imprint on things.

The laurel wreath is prominently displayed above the Princes Park entrance so I doubt it’s gone forever.

Looks like they're going to celebrate their 2010 flag.

home-guernstore-banner-tease__11578.jpg

I'd rather retain club history than brand consistency. Every one who has, at the minimum, a passing interest in the AFL would recognise both logos as being associated with Carlton. The club is big and popular enough to retain its visual history, see the world's most famous sporting team, the Yankees..
14166764893_d9fe1966ab.jpg
0*woapNhedrIZBUQp5.png

Here's what I think about the change. I posted this in another thread.

Terrible choice by the club. The retro monogram works on a jumper because of its ruggedness and affinity with a time when jumpers could only be crudely (by today's standards) made (see the old Saints crest as another example of this). It does not work at all when reproduced on media or documents, where applications can and should be more refined.
Now they have shot themselves in the foot in the name of brand consistency, banishing the laurel and monogram logo which has been associated with the club since the early 20th century.
9676cd60a6e00769dbc7b08c43364ddd.jpg
be3d839bc33cfa533272998c1118f358.jpg
I agree with everything here, however we did get rid of the wreath logo a little while ago, opting only for the rounded monogram. Probably because the wreathed logo needed updating.

We'll see what happens, but both logos deserve to stay in use.

Appears as though 2020 Home may have some anniversary elements to 2010 premiership? Interesting...

Appears as though 2020 Home may have some anniversary elements to 2010 premiership? Interesting...
Black with white stripes, what a throwback 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows are still with ISC.

Slight change to the away guernsey. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they're going to add the logo to the front.

30th year one off guernsey will be worn at some stage. Home with the crest logo on the front.

2020 Puma polo's?

Not a fan, not much different to this year's Richmond which were disappointing.

Having said that, moving the Puma logo to the right side is a subtle but big improvement on a bland design.

7c7687dfb8362f0c2019a2f44c182a5d.jpg
f96ebcc38a899ab0688b1625b8a98c86.jpg

2019 Puma

080df5aba4d7e892a6ee7cf230f1917b.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back