List Mgmt. Pick 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Gosh did it realise Kemp could break 3 for 20 seconds....

That’s made me pause a bit....

That's why I completely disagree when people say we can't fit another tall/big bodied midfielder in our team.

He's quick and clean below his knees.

I have a strange feeling Melbourne will end up taking him at 8 though.

Ok I’m not gonna lie....am not sure Kemp can football. He’s got good hands. Skills. Is fast. Can mark it. I dearly hope he’s not an upgraded Gary Rohan...

😳

Ok I’m not gonna lie....am not sure Kemp can football. He’s got good hands. Skills. Is fast. Can mark it. I dearly hope he’s not an upgraded Gary Rohan...

Given all that Rohan does is run fast, it should allay those fears.
Kemp can definitely play, the query will be around just how good his knee is - hIs temperament & physical attributes are big ticks for me.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's why I completely disagree when people say we can't fit another tall/big bodied midfielder in our team.

He's quick and clean below his knees.

I have a strange feeling Melbourne will end up taking him at 8 though.
There's talk that the Demons may look at picking Weightman at pick 8, given they delisted Jeffy and Kennedy Harris...and Martin not interested in them....they're badly lacking a small forward.

Dogs will snap him up at #13 otherwise.

Gosh did it realise Kemp could break 3 for 20 seconds....

That’s made me pause a bit....

You could tell that just watching.

Have seen times he has gotten the ball in the middle and just burst away from the pack. Left everyone in his wake.

Amazing at his size.

You could tell that just watching.

Have seen times he has gotten the ball in the middle and just burst away from the pack. Left everyone in his wake.

Amazing at his size.
Would love more possessions when he plays on ball. I’m hoping he tracks like Danger- forward young then midfield as his engine and smarts improve.

There's talk that the Demons may look at picking Weightman at pick 8, given they delisted Jeffy and Kennedy Harris...and Martin not interested in them....they're badly lacking a small forward.

Dogs will snap him up at #13 otherwise.

I hope so. Can't wait to see more solid information about how the top 10 will shape up in the coming weeks.

so, this is what dc looked like too? a little rich to compare and presume an untried player will go past a player currently on the fringe..……...
Time will tell. Some players you can just tell have the hunger for the ball and always want to do something with it. Cunners has all the 'Potential' but I haven't seen any take on the player/hungry to kick goals type play yet. That one goal running into the square this year is the best play I've seen him do in his time here. I'm not sure he has the confidence in himself.

I think if our tier one choices of Stephens, Ash, Kemp, Serong, Flanders are gone by the time we have our selection and we have a group of 4-5 evenly rated in tier 2, we turn to Fremantle and say, "We're going to bid on Liam Henry now, unless you want to give us pick 10 and 22."

Let Freo have their cake with an extra first round pick, then bid on him.

We then call Hawthorn and tell them we'll be bidding on Finn Maginness unless they give us pick 11 and 30.

We then have effectively pick 13, 22, 30 and 43. We can try to trade pick 57 for a future 3rd to someone like West Coast or the Bulldogs.
* me. You can't do this and this doesn't happen any more. Its called draft tampering. Its no different from passing around brown paper bags full of cash which got the club in the 20 year s**t fight I have just lived through. I can understand one person writing it but then 3 people liking it. Wow

Time will tell. Some players you can just tell have the hunger for the ball and always want to do something with it. Cunners has all the 'Potential' but I haven't seen any take on the player/hungry to kick goals type play yet. That one goal running into the square this year is the best play I've seen him do in his time here. I'm not sure he has the confidence in himself.
but tac players have no more than potential either - every one has the potential to wash out at afl level...………..

fu** me. You can't do this and this doesn't happen any more. Its called draft tampering. Its no different from passing around brown paper bags full of cash which got the club in the 20 year s**t fight I have just lived through. I can understand one person writing it but then 3 people liking it. Wow

How is it draft tampering?

All the discussion pre draft is of the Giants wanting to trade up to pick 3 so they can make a selection before a bid comes for Green. You don’t think they would need to pay a premium to Melbourne to achieve this?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

fu** me. You can't do this and this doesn't happen any more. Its called draft tampering. Its no different from passing around brown paper bags full of cash which got the club in the 20 year s**t fight I have just lived through. I can understand one person writing it but then 3 people liking it. Wow
I’m sure how it’s draft tampering at all. We want Henry at the pick but think we can get something better so we do so. Same with the Hawthorn situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to pick 9:

I don’t want Kemp. Just some thoughts after watching more of his full game action:

Positives:
- he does have terrific speed and movement for his size
- nice hands and a good mark
- nice kick
- makes good decisions

Negatives:
- he’s totally speculative as a mid. There’s really little evidence to say he CAN do it and more to say he can’t.
- I don’t think he reads the play at all. He’s not a natural ‘hunter’ of the ball. Doesn’t seem to know where it’s going or how to get it.
- unsure he has a good tank. Doesn’t seem to.

Overall I think he’s drafted as a forward. Third tall type. If he develops into a midfield role it should be seen as a bonus rather than expected. I think he’s a very good forward prospect. Just not sure our list needs yet another 190+cm forward.

Hoping for Stephens. I was thinking Serong May drop but I’ve watched more of him. There’s no way.

I’m finding it hard to work out how there’s not a quite predictable top 9 now.

Rowell, Anderson, Young, Flanders, Green, Jackson, Stephens, Serong and Ash. Kemp is with them on talent just not the player we want in my view.

We want Ash, Flanders serong or Stephens.

I just don’t want people thinking ‘we draft Kemp and wait and year and we have another big bodied mid’. It MAY turn out that way but it’s FAR more likely that he stays a forward. Occasional midfield bursts.

Personally I don’t think you draft first round picks on speculation. You draft on what you know.

Some weird posts last night :)

SOS picks up the phone to Wright and asks him whether he wants to swap some picks.
Nothing is said but plenty is implied. So what?

SOS does the same thing with Fremantle re. Henry.
We're genuinely happy to nominate Henry, but if overs come about and things suit us trading down, we're all ears.

How on earth is this draft dampering?

EDIT: I can understand one person writing it, but three liking it? :)

Some weird posts last night :)

SOS picks up the phone to Wright and asks him whether he wants to swap some picks.
Nothing is said but plenty is implied. So what?

SOS does the same thing with Fremantle re. Henry.
We're genuinely happy to nominate Henry, but if overs come about and things suit us trading down, we're all ears.

How on earth is this draft dampering?

EDIT: I can understand one person writing it, but three liking it? :)

It's not draft tampering. It's part of negotiations. Clubs don't have to match bids on players, so it's purely a strategic play to see what comes about.

Draft tampering is getting kids to tell interstate/other clubs that they don't want to play there and they'll be out at the first possible opportunity in order to slide to a specific club.

It's not draft tampering. It's part of negotiations. Clubs don't have to match bids on players, so it's purely a strategic play to see what comes about.

Draft tampering is getting kids to tell interstate/other clubs that they don't want to play there and they'll be out at the first possible opportunity in order to slide to a specific club.

Of course. Maybe the poster has another interpretation of the post offered.

Yes, it's called negotiating and not tampering.

Back to pick 9:

I don’t want Kemp. Just some thoughts after watching more of his full game action:

Positives:
- he does have terrific speed and movement for his size
- nice hands and a good mark
- nice kick
- makes good decisions

Negatives:
- he’s totally speculative as a mid. There’s really little evidence to say he CAN do it and more to say he can’t.
- I don’t think he reads the play at all. He’s not a natural ‘hunter’ of the ball. Doesn’t seem to know where it’s going or how to get it.
- unsure he has a good tank. Doesn’t seem to.

Overall I think he’s drafted as a forward. Third tall type. If he develops into a midfield role it should be seen as a bonus rather than expected. I think he’s a very good forward prospect. Just not sure our list needs yet another 190+cm forward.

Hoping for Stephens. I was thinking Serong May drop but I’ve watched more of him. There’s no way.

I’m finding it hard to work out how there’s not a quite predictable top 9 now.

Rowell, Anderson, Young, Flanders, Green, Jackson, Stephens, Serong and Ash. Kemp is with them on talent just not the player we want in my view.

We want Ash, Flanders serong or Stephens.

I just don’t want people thinking ‘we draft Kemp and wait and year and we have another big bodied mid’. It MAY turn out that way but it’s FAR more likely that he stays a forward. Occasional midfield bursts.

Personally I don’t think you draft first round picks on speculation. You draft on what you know.

My understanding is that Kemp had played a lot of football as a KPP and was progressively being introduced into the midfield.

Prior to his ACL, he was tracking on a steep upward trajectory as a developing midfield.

Whoever selects Kemp will be doing so based on projections and potential.

He's definitely more Bontempelli than Cripps. First receive, burst away and distribute, but has the capacity to win his own ball.

My understanding is that Kemp had played a lot of football as a KPP and was progressively being introduced into the midfield.

Prior to his ACL, he was tracking on a steep upward trajectory as a developing midfield.

Whoever selects Kemp will be doing so based on projections and potential.

He's definitely more Bontempelli than Cripps. First receive, burst away and distribute, but has the capacity to win his own ball.
He just hasn’t produced it. I can think of only one game he’s gotten high possessions as a mid. He didn’t convince me in that game. Quite a number of games low possessions as a mid. Again I don’t want to bag him or say he can’t. Just trying to temper expectations that we HAVE a big bodied mid if we pick him. He MAY become that. He’s more likely to become a dangerous 3rd tall forward. That’s all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back