Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, Hinkley doesn’t sound too good based on what I’ve been told here I always thought that port supporters unfairly stuck the knife into ken just outta frustration, but yeah interesting choices.. anyway Thanks guys appreciate the responses.

I’ll have to take a closer look at Frampton, any standout games from him? Thought he played alright against us in one of the games?

anywho some of you probably want me off your board and that’s fine I will go shortly just thought during the off/season trade period is a good time to take the lunatic supporter hat off for a sec and just enjoy the talent that exists in the AFL!
Cheers
You may have a forward line built around Frampton and Fogarty. Bit of character there. In Fog’s case a bit of flab, too.

The new logo means nothing, it’s ad hoc marketing, it’s poor by design. It has some intent but missed the mark, a bit like KKK.

Why do you think the prison bars are so revered? Because the flags that were one whilst wearing it - not the other way around.

Symbols are given power by the work done in their name. By the same token, they can take away power in the same manner. Take that idiotic power stance that the Crows did as a classic example of that - up until the grand final, they viewed it as a symbol of power, but it ended up being a stupid meme that represented their impotent performance on grand final day.

I don't care if you think it's poor by design. It's a clean slate away from the logo that had been tainted more by failure than success over our AFL journey.

You may have a forward line built around Frampton and Fogarty. Bit of character there. In Fog’s case a bit of flab, too.
He’s a big boy! reminds me of an old school big power forward hope he’s worth the return and hope you and us get back on our feet so SA football can be respected once again! 💪

"There are only three ways to address a situation and create some change: 1. appeal to authority; 2. action as a superior; 3. action as an equal."

You want action as a superior (i.e. the President starts cracking heads, or the CEO does, or the coach does, and it filters down the line), whereas I'm advocating action as an equal, which is the strongest and most powerful method of change because it comes from a position where there is no imbalance of power and is done purely out of love. Love is the greatest power in the cosmos - greater than hate or fear.

It is the power of philia - brotherly love - that we need to cultivate. And that comes from connection and feeling as a family.

"We can only understand what we identify with, and we become what we identify with when we do so on a regular and repeated basis."

You're not actually advocating anything. You're posting an ideal culture without talking about how to get there, as if everyone at the club might just wake up tomorrow and start pulling in the right direction.

At the moment we have a President who is incredibly self interested and (seemingly) unable and unwilling to have meaningful difficult conversations. That sets the tone for the entire club, and the proof is in our performances, both on and off field. We don't hold ourselves accountable and we don't hold each other accountable.

We have enormous fractures in our football department and playing group, and even at board level. We're not starting at an even keel, we're starting with a really poor culture which has gotten that way because it's been neglected by it's leaders for a long time.

You can't just wish that culture away. You need people to actually drive that change. Nobody at any level of the club is going to start sacrificing for the good of the club while the club's leaders continually put themselves first. Nobody is advocating cracking heads. Leadership is taking personal responsibility for the state of the organisation and it's performance and demonstrating the sort of selfless behaviours that will turn the club around. Everyone has to do it, but it's fanciful garbage to expect that the rank and file will do it while the club leadership remains selfish.

You're not actually advocating anything. You're posting an ideal culture without talking about how to get there, as if everyone at the club might just wake up tomorrow and start pulling in the right direction.

At the moment we have a President who is incredibly self interested and (seemingly) unable and unwilling to have meaningful difficult conversations. That sets the tone for the entire club, and the proof is in our performances, both on and off field. We don't hold ourselves accountable and we don't hold each other accountable.

We have enormous fractures in our football department and playing group, and even at board level. We're not starting at an even keel, we're starting with a really poor culture which has gotten that way because it's been neglected by it's leaders for a long time.

You can't just wish that culture away. You need people to actually drive that change. Nobody at any level of the club is going to start sacrificing for the good of the club while the club's leaders continually put themselves first. Nobody is advocating cracking heads. Leadership is taking personal responsibility for the state of the organisation and it's performance and demonstrating the sort of selfless behaviours that will turn the club around. Everyone has to do it, but it's fanciful garbage to expect that the rank and file will do it while the club leadership remains selfish.

How do you know this? When we get inside information about what is happening at the club, it's still just told from the perspective of one or two people and their view of the situation - people who have their own agendas, ego and personality types. And really, who cares? Do you think that an organisation with around a hundred people working for it is going to be sunshine and rainbows all the time? I'd think there was a problem if there weren't factions.

The issue isn't resolving the factions. The issue is for everyone to reach a common ground - people don't have to like each other, and when you have a large organisation there is always going to be friction and splinter groups - if you want the esoteric perfect size of an egregore, it's around 9-13 people. Any more than that, and factions will develop because the collective will cannot be controlled effectively due to ego. That's why organisations are split into this sort of hierarchical structure, where no one is controlling more than 13 people at once.

If you want to know how far gone this particular egregore of the coach being the problem has gone...let me quote you posts from the first two pages of the 'I've lost faith in Ken Hinkley' thread:

Post 1:

"For whatever reason, he's lost the plot this season.

Selections, match ups, game style, structures are more than questionable this year, they're an absolute joke.

Sometimes you have to live by the old KISS rule, keep it simple stupid, not continue to try and out fox your opponent by being stubborn in your ways.

What's up with bringing in players from the Magpies with no form?

Have the balls to admit you've f**ked things up and change your ways
, cause this season has been pathetic in nearly every way.

Buy a mirror and have a long, hard look into it pal."

So basically, the coach did change his ways after 2015 and went down a path where he wouldn't bring in players from the Magpies who didn't have a good run of form...and people lost their s**t about that too. But it gets better than that. Post 4:

"Here comes the BigFooty reactionary bs. Kenny is still the right coach for us. He just needs to remember to pick the best 22 and not the best structure."

No, I didn't make that last one up. Someone actually said that, and 28 people agreed with it.

Here's post that I actually agree with. Post 18:

"It's not Hinkleys fault that the average joe doesn't understand structure.

We build these shitty makeshift forward lines because we don't have anyone who can lead/mark/goal. When we have players that can give us a marking option instead of standing stagnant or looking for a loose ball over the back to run on to we can start to challenge for a flag.

Chocco, Rhode and co. stuffed our list for 10 years.
Wait till Harvey, Palmer, Howard start getting games and then see what happens."

See? Someone was talking about the state of our list way back when. Like I said...I'm not making this up. People actually said this back in 2015.

And then...from out of nowhere...a voice of reason, from an opposition supporter:

"If I was a Port Mod I'd close this thread down. No serious discussion. Passion and emotion and desperate desire for your club to do well but not exactly any constructive discussion."

This is exactly what should of happened with these threads, but didn't. It became a cesspool of vitriolic s**t with no actual discussion as to what was going wrong or how to improve, where negativity fed on itself. Passion, emotion and desperate desire turned into hatred and resignation.

And here we are.

Oh, and speaking of posts people aren't proud of - me suggesting we get Lade to replace Carr didn't age well, but then again, I was working under the false impression that Phil Walsh knew what he was talking about when he said that he would want Lade in the coaches box with him.

This is exactly what should of happened with these threads, but didn't. It became a cesspool of vitriolic s**t with no actual discussion as to what was going wrong or how to improve, where negativity fed on itself. Passion, emotion and desperate desire turned into hatred and resignation.

mods do something.

start with us against hinkley. Mr 959 repeats of the same, same same zealot obsession. Put him on no access to this thread to start with. And need be look down the list.

the mod who posts a lot on this thread, you have had yr say pull it back or resign.

mods do something

mods do something.

start with us against hinkley. Mr 959 repeats of the same, same same zealot obsession. Put him on no access to this thread to start with. And need be look down the list.

the mod who posts a lot on this thread, you have had yr say pull it back or resign.

mods do something

You do realise you don’t have to read the thread ?
You can block people who you don’t like.
Pretty easy really.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

mods do something.

mods do something

Agreed, mods do something. Ban dunderclod

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mods do something.

mods do something
Sack Hinkley.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agreed, mods do something. Ban dunderclod

Why you pick on me? You are all just negative. My take. Janus now's wat he's talking about especily footy because he used do karate. This thread should be shut down because all it does is talk about sacking Hinkley and I don't like it.... that's why I log on every day to read it.... actually that is pretty stupid..Any rate back the club. I'm heading down their today for lunch and have a chat with the Great Man, Barry Curtain who definitely isnt me. Mods shut this down and re sign.

How do you know this? When we get inside information about what is happening at the club, it's still just told from the perspective of one or two people and their view of the situation - people who have their own agendas, ego and personality types. And really, who cares? Do you think that an organisation with around a hundred people working for it is going to be sunshine and rainbows all the time? I'd think there was a problem if there weren't factions.

The issue isn't resolving the factions. The issue is for everyone to reach a common ground - people don't have to like each other, and when you have a large organisation there is always going to be friction and splinter groups - if you want the esoteric perfect size of an egregore, it's around 9-13 people. Any more than that, and factions will develop because the collective will cannot be controlled effectively due to ego. That's why organisations are split into this sort of hierarchical structure, where no one is controlling more than 13 people at once.

If you want to know how far gone this particular egregore of the coach being the problem has gone...let me quote you posts from the first two pages of the 'I've lost faith in Ken Hinkley' thread:

Post 1:

"For whatever reason, he's lost the plot this season.

Selections, match ups, game style, structures are more than questionable this year, they're an absolute joke.

Sometimes you have to live by the old KISS rule, keep it simple stupid, not continue to try and out fox your opponent by being stubborn in your ways.

What's up with bringing in players from the Magpies with no form?

Have the balls to admit you've f**ked things up and change your ways
, cause this season has been pathetic in nearly every way.

Buy a mirror and have a long, hard look into it pal."

So basically, the coach did change his ways after 2015 and went down a path where he wouldn't bring in players from the Magpies who didn't have a good run of form...and people lost their s**t about that too. But it gets better than that. Post 4:

"Here comes the BigFooty reactionary bs. Kenny is still the right coach for us. He just needs to remember to pick the best 22 and not the best structure."

No, I didn't make that last one up. Someone actually said that, and 28 people agreed with it.

Here's post that I actually agree with. Post 18:

"It's not Hinkleys fault that the average joe doesn't understand structure.

We build these shitty makeshift forward lines because we don't have anyone who can lead/mark/goal. When we have players that can give us a marking option instead of standing stagnant or looking for a loose ball over the back to run on to we can start to challenge for a flag.

Chocco, Rhode and co. stuffed our list for 10 years.
Wait till Harvey, Palmer, Howard start getting games and then see what happens."

See? Someone was talking about the state of our list way back when. Like I said...I'm not making this up. People actually said this back in 2015.

And then...from out of nowhere...a voice of reason, from an opposition supporter:

"If I was a Port Mod I'd close this thread down. No serious discussion. Passion and emotion and desperate desire for your club to do well but not exactly any constructive discussion."

And here we are.
Not sure why you bothered to quote me here, you haven't addressed anything I've said.

The supporter frustration with the club due to it's performances isn't exclusive to Bigfooty and it hasn't occurred because of this thread. As someone who has predicted flag after flag and seen us finish 10th repeatedly, you should understand why as well as anyone.

Symbols are given power by the work done in their name. By the same token, they can take away power in the same manner. Take that idiotic power stance that the Crows did as a classic example of that - up until the grand final, they viewed it as a symbol of power, but it ended up being a stupid meme that represented their impotent performance on grand final day.

I don't care if you think it's poor by design. It's a clean slate away from the logo that had been tainted more by failure than success over our AFL journey.

What the Crows didn’t do and what Richmond did do on grand final day reflects on the stupid stance, if the Crows went on to win that day it would be seen in a different light.

The previous logo and original jumper have a flag next to it so it’s not all bad.

New jumpers - new logos mean stuff all, its tinkering around the edges, we need real change to move forward and that will come at some point soon enough.

In the mean time I can’t wait to see our new logo inspire this club to greatness....

Not sure why you bothered to quote me here, you haven't addressed anything I've said.

The supporter frustration with the club due to it's performances isn't exclusive to Bigfooty and it hasn't occurred because of this thread. As someone who has predicted flag after flag and seen us finish 10th repeatedly, you should understand why as well as anyone.

You still don’t get it, do you? Maybe Barrack Obama can explain it better than I can.

“The world is messy; there are ambiguities,” he continued. “People who do really good stuff have flaws. People who you are fighting may love their kids, and share certain things with you.”

“I do get a sense sometimes now among certain young people, and this is accelerated by social media, there is this sense sometimes of: ‘The way of me making change is to be as judgmental as possible about other people,’” he said, “and that’s enough.”

“Like, if I tweet or hashtag about how you didn’t do something right or used the wrong verb,” he said, “then I can sit back and feel pretty good about myself, cause, ‘Man, you see how woke I was, I called you out.’”

“That’s not activism. That’s not bringing about change,” he said. “If all you’re doing is casting stones, you’re probably not going to get that far. That’s easy to do.”

You said I wasn’t advocating anything. I’m advocating a change in attitude from blaming the coach and club for things that we don’t agree with to one if seeking to understand why certain decisions are made, under the concept that no one at the club deliberately acts in counter interest to what is best for the club. Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t mean the club has no idea, or they aren’t listening to fans...they have listened and they have chosen to go down a different path while taking our reservations into consideration because they have more information than we do.

I’m advocating for something we have the ability to change - ourselves. I’m not blaming supporter frustration, this thread or anything like that. I’m just saying this sort of attitude only serves itself...it doesn’t help, it doesn’t affect change, it doesn’t do anything.

We are in this together. We get out of it together. I’m tired of this adversarial blame game.

You still don’t get it, do you? Maybe Barrack Obama can explain it better than I can.

“The world is messy; there are ambiguities,” he continued. “People who do really good stuff have flaws. People who you are fighting may love their kids, and share certain things with you.”

“I do get a sense sometimes now among certain young people, and this is accelerated by social media, there is this sense sometimes of: ‘The way of me making change is to be as judgmental as possible about other people,’” he said, “and that’s enough.”

“Like, if I tweet or hashtag about how you didn’t do something right or used the wrong verb,” he said, “then I can sit back and feel pretty good about myself, cause, ‘Man, you see how woke I was, I called you out.’”

“That’s not activism. That’s not bringing about change,” he said. “If all you’re doing is casting stones, you’re probably not going to get that far. That’s easy to do.”

You said I wasn’t advocating anything. I’m advocating a change in attitude from blaming the coach and club for things that we don’t agree with to one if seeking to understand why certain decisions are made, under the concept that no one at the club deliberately acts in counter interest to what is best for the club. Just because you don’t agree with something doesn’t mean the club has no idea, or they aren’t listening to fans...they have listened and they have chosen to go down a different path while taking our reservations into consideration because they have more information than we do.

I’m advocating for something we have the ability to change - ourselves. I’m not blaming supporter frustration, this thread or anything like that. I’m just saying this sort of attitude only serves itself...it doesn’t help, it doesn’t affect change, it doesn’t do anything.

We are in this together. We get out of it together. I’m tired of this adversarial blame game.

This is the last refuge of someone who has spent years defending something that has become indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back