Mega Thread The Daniher Debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it suits our world view but the article reads like an apology/retraction as far as the Swans and Harley are concerned. For that reason I think Barrett has been brought up to speed on a lot of what actually happened as opposed to his previous speculation. There's a lot less of the "reportedly" approach. A lot less opinion based journalism...if I can call it journalism.
Yes he kept quoting rumour during the trade period which I was pretty angry about. The rumours come from people like Sam McClure, the idiot on Footy Classified and others who hate the Swans. If he was a serious journalist he would ignore rumour and only quote the facts. But of course he isn't. He is a member of the illiterate section of Journalism, Sportz Journalistz

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes he kept quoting rumour during the trade period which I was pretty angry about. The rumours come from people like Sam McClure, the idiot on Footy Classified and others who hate the Swans. If he was a serious journalist he would ignore rumour and only quote the facts. But of course he isn't. He is a member of the illiterate section of Journalism, Sportz Journalistz

On ANE-LX2J using BigFooty.com mobile app
I said it before...Barrett and McClure are a product of clickbait journalism. It's not about accuracy, it's about traffic. They are manufacturing drama. I was pretty shocked when the official AFL site made Barrett their main man. You would think they would be aiming for more credibility...he said with a wink and a nod.

Why do we believe this Barrett story and not the old version etc

Who cares really
Well Barrett is telling the truth, it's so obvious isn't it?
Harley & Gardiner are incompetent so they are the obviously liars here.:rolleyes:
Who really cares?
Well f . . k I do when someone incorrectly takes an unfair swipe at us.

So all the fans were wondering why Sydney would go after Daniher this year rather than in 2020 when he was eligible for free agency and it would appear that was what the club was thinking too.

Barrett is a joke.

It sounds like Joe made a few wrong moves in the whole process but I genuinely feel for the guy. He's in a no-win situation next season. Hopefully he can settle, get on the park and get back to enjoying footy and then make it to the Swans.

Take a year off Joe.

Well Barrett is telling the truth, it's so obvious isn't it?
Harley & Gardiner are incompetent so they are the obviously liars here.:rolleyes:
Who really cares?
Well f . . k I do when someone incorrectly takes an unfair swipe at us.

Fair enough, I place zero weight in praise or attacks from Barrett

It’s pretty clear it’s the truth as we were obviously keen on Daniher without being too keen (ie keen enough to lose Paps and next year’s first, but not keen enough to compromise our plans with pick five.)

If we went out of our way to court Daniher and prize him out of Essendon, I’d say our interest would be more than what we showed.

Ps. Can someone stick a fork in Barrett already!

I wouldn’t bet on it. Some seem to have taken an instant and intense dislike of the guy because, I don’t know, he’s from the Cats, the way he pronounces his words, he’s not Andrew Ireland. Who knows. I doubt anything will change some posters minds.

I personally prefer having someone who can use words with more than two syllables. Seems like people want someone from the pub ala Slobbo.

It's actually surprising Barrett goes public with this stuff & he has done it with a number of clubs over the years & been called out & proven wrong, but then hides behind "sources" without naming them so as not to upset his "contacts" (made up BS) or some rubbish like that.

As Wolftone has mentioned above, his only source on the Daniher matter was the sobbing Sunday Footy Show & Trade Radio buddy, Matthew Lloyd, who just couldn't fathom how one of his club's players (two if you include the Fantasia rumours) would want out of his wonderful injecting club. So it must have all been because of the brainwashing of the evil Swans, who have a history of brainwashing star players from Victoria & making them Swans.

It's true though that we shouldn't really care/worry about Barrett because he does a pretty good job for us all in discrediting himself.

It's actually surprising Barrett goes public with this stuff & he has done it with a number of clubs over the years & been called out & proven wrong, but then hides behind "sources" without naming them so as not to upset his "contacts" (made up BS) or some rubbish like that.

As Wolftone has mentioned above, his only source on the Daniher matter was the sobbing Sunday Footy Show & Trade Radio buddy, Matthew Lloyd, who just couldn't fathom how one of his club's players (two if you include the Fantasia rumours) would want out of his wonderful injecting club. So it must have all been because of the brainwashing of the evil Swans, who have a history of brainwashing star players from Victoria & making them Swans.

It's true though that we shouldn't really care/worry about Barrett because he does a pretty good job for us all in discrediting himself.

im not sure barrett checks with any sources

maybe when he started out

now he is no better than us just guessing, except he gets paid

Could this scenario play out??
- Swans offer a deal to JD as an RFA
- Bombers match the offer as is their right
- Bombers force a trade
- Swans offer a 3rd or 4th round pick for JD knowing Dodo will reject it. Basically the Swans refuse to deal with Dodo
- JD refuses to sign with the Bombers
- Swans get JD as a delisted free agent / Bombers get nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Bombers force a trade
- Swans offer a 3rd or 4th round pick for JD knowing Dodo will reject it. Basically the Swans refuse to deal with Dodo
I enjoy any scenario that sees the bombers get reemed

- Bombers force a trade
- essendon kicked out of afl

fixed

- Bombers force a trade
It is all possible except the bottom part, Daniher would not be a delisted free agent as he has a contract offer on the table in your scenario. The club has to agree to delist him (Sam Gray is an example)

It is all possible except the bottom part, Daniher would not be a delisted free agent as he has a contract offer on the table in your scenario. The club has to agree to delist him (Sam Gray is an example)
I don't understand..
The bombers offer JD a contract, JD doesn't want it, doesn't sign it. JD has no contractual obligation to the bombers at the end of 2020.
Cant he just walk away from the Bombers?

I don't understand..
The bombers offer JD a contract, JD doesn't want it, doesn't sign it. JD has no contractual obligation to the bombers at the end of 2020.
Cant he just walk away from the Bombers?
They did not delist him. He is eligible to "walk away" and enter the draft

They did not delist him. He is eligible to "walk away" and enter the draft
yep,, understand, thanks.
Still think there's a flaw in the system. I thought Free Agency was to support players that did their time at a club. As a free agent (full, restricted, delisted - doesn't matter) It would seem fair that the player gets a choice in where he plays next.

F*** the Bombers and Dodo are shitfull!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back