Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooooo basically the list I’ve been saying, and getting abused for, for two years??
The same list that the majority have not added much to the on field performances in the same two years?
The same list anyone can work out have to be loved next year yet we dug our heels on this year and loved minimal players so next year we have to choice but to have a big turn over instead of two medium turn overs.

That list???😂😂😂😂

Tipping the ones that love to troll back months to find errors will be pretty silent on this one
Well for a start, some of these guys were already contracted, what do you expect the club to do? If we cut them, we still have to pay out, plus pay for completely unknowns through the draft.

Dickson and Suckling are both very good players, they'll just be ready for retirement next year.

Greene, Gowers, Jong, Gardner and Smith could all make it

I’m not a fan of Gardner, but after what we have just seen in the past couple of trade periods and drafting by Power, surely he wouldn’t give him a contract if he and the coaching staff didn’t see something in him

Sooooooo basically the list I’ve been saying, and getting abused for, for two years??
The same list that the majority have not added much to the on field performances in the same two years?
The same list anyone can work out have to be moved on next year yet we dug our heels in this year and moved minimal players, so next year we have no choice but to have a big turn over instead of two medium turn overs.

That list???😂😂😂😂

Tipping the ones that love to troll back months to find errors will be pretty silent on this one

It’s not all about you mate.

you can make a judgement early or you can hope people pan out. You don’t do that - that’s fine. But there have been a suite of cases where your pessimism has been wrong too (I.e. 2016).

you can make a judgement early or you can hope people pan out. You don’t do that - that’s fine. But there have been a suite of cases where your pessimism has been wrong too (I.e. 2016).

yep and they have all been pointed out as nauseum which was exactly my point

It isn’t about me but when I’m wrong it is constantly

Well for a start, some of these guys were already contracted, what do you expect the club to do? If we cut them, we still have to pay out, plus pay for completely unknowns through the draft.

Dickson and Suckling are both very good players, they'll just be ready for retirement next year.

Greene, Gowers, Jong, Gardner and Smith could all make it

Suckling Dicko Williams RSmith Gardner Porter all could have gone for zero cost and were out of contract, and I’m sure I missed a couple more that could have.

plenty in here have bemoaned my call to make more changes but now your list shows how many moves probably need to me made next year, which hopefully is after a successful year which isn’t optimal

And what made up pessimism did I have in 16?

I tipped us to make the 8 but Thought we were cooked after the cats game when we lost Libba and Macca.

tipped us to suck in 18 also but you don’t bring that up WHICH was my point.

anyway we move on and I’m hopeful next year of a 5-7 finish

We should have an absolute bucket load of cash again next year so I hope we have a crack at Papley.

Aren’t there better FA options than Papley (who isn’t a FA).

I’m not sure but he is a small forward we don’t have and clearly wants to move

if we have the year lost expect we should be an attractive destination

Suckling Dicko Williams RSmith Gardner Porter all could have gone for zero cost and were out of contract, and I’m sure I missed a couple more that could have.

plenty in here have bemoaned my call to make more changes but now your list shows how many moves probably need to me made next year, which hopefully is after a successful year which isn’t optimal
I'd be hoping a few of those 9 I named do pan out. Guys like Gowers and Greene really should be earning their spot over the next few years. I'd hope Lynch can recapture some of that 2018 form.

Really the ones I doubt are on our list in 2021 are Porter, Gardner, Smith, Jong plus the obvious two in Suckling and Dickson. 6 changes is a pretty healthy turnover, hopefully wouldn't need more than that

I’m not sure but he is a small forward we don’t have and clearly wants to move

if we have the year lost expect we should be an attractive destination

I've heard he wants more midfeild instead of foward which he could have had at Carlton. At the Dogs we are pretty good there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trouble is MD, all the players you want moved on have little to no value. So basically delistings. You wanna turn over an extra five this year and take 4 or 5 picks in the 80’s and 90’s? Which would also mean keeping those five very late picks for a minimum of two years? These blokes getting kept around on a contract that runs out gives the club great flexibility, something they value immensely, Sam Power has said as much.

As it stands we only have one pick in the top 50. We have four reasonably rated kids linked to us next year and probably as you say have a decent amount of cash left over to throw at a free agent. To do that we need to free up at least 5 list spots.

Maybe we could have cut one or both of Gardner and Smith. However maybe they rate Gardner and Smith, along with them already knowing our group and systems higher than the real depth of the draft pool this year. I can understand that view, I don’t think cutting deep this off season would have been wise though.

Trouble is MD, all the players you want moved on have little to no value. So basically delistings. You wanna turn over an extra five this year and take 4 or 5 picks in the 80’s and 90’s? Which would also mean keeping those five very late picks for a minimum of two years? These blokes getting kept around on a contract that runs out gives the club great flexibility, something they value immensely, Sam Power has said as much.

As it stands we only have one pick in the top 50. We have four reasonably rated kids linked to us next year and probably as you say have a decent amount of cash left over to throw at a free agent. To do that we need to free up at least 5 list spots.

Maybe we could have cut one or both of Gardner and Smith. However maybe they rate Gardner and Smith, along with them already knowing our group and systems higher than the real depth of the draft pool this year. I can understand that view, I don’t think cutting deep this off season would have been wise though.

I never said an extra 5-6 at any stage

I put a list of blokes I wold want out but never stated they all should go at once.

As I’ve said for years I think we hang onto list cloggers for far too long and have down for a while now and it a big bear of mine. I’d rather drop them and give someone/anyone else a crack because nearly everyone of the players I’ve mentioned have done zero(Dicko being the exception).

After bringing Keath and Bruce in and resigning the two Young’s there is no logical reason we resigned Gardner. If he is playing we are so far into the injury list our year is probably shot anyway and he isn’t helping

I never said an extra 5-6 at any stage

I put a list of blokes I wold want out but never stated they all should go at once.

As I’ve said for years I think we hang onto list cloggers for far too long and have down for a while now and it a big bear of mine. I’d rather drop them and give someone/anyone else a crack because nearly everyone of the players I’ve mentioned have done zero(Dicko being the exception).

After bringing Keath and Bruce in and resigning the two Young’s there is no logical reason we resigned Gardner. If he is playing we are so far into the injury list our year is probably shot anyway and he isn’t helping
I’m not a Gardner fan either but is it not possible that he can improve? Still quite young. It’s not like there’s a heap of exposed form. He’s got a better chance of showing something we didn’t know he had than your best friend Jong.

I’m not a Gardner fan either but is it not possible that he can improve? Still quite young. It’s not like there’s a heap of exposed form. He’s got a better chance of showing something we didn’t know he had than your best friend Jong.

Gardner had 3 years at Geelong mate And he isn’t even starting at VFL level

anyway we are stuck with him now so let’s hope he hopes all the naysayers wrong. I doubt it very very much but who knows.

And I’d be backing Jong to make it everyday before Gardner

So get rid of one of our best players who does a lot of unrewarded work, one of the best natural forwards we’ve ever had at the club that was still in the top few for goals in 2019 & a player that’s showed plenty to work with in a few different roles & 40 odd games?

Must be easy to replace them, just get Jake Lloyd, Luke Breust & Lachie Whitfield to take their spots

So get rid of one of our best players who does a lot of unrewarded work, one of the best natural forwards we’ve ever had at the club that was still in the top few for goals in 2019 & a player that’s showed plenty to work with in a few different roles & 40 odd games?

Must be easy to replace them, just get Jake Lloyd, Luke Breust & Lachie Whitfield to take their spots

Lol I love people like you

take one post out of a whole conversation and pin point it

don’t bother it was in response to someone else’s post about the number of players we COULDNT let go.

NOOOOOO don’t worry about that coz then it would make sense and you couldn’t rant garbage like the above.

Anymore sentences out of whole conversations you want to discuss without context?

Lol I love people like you

take one post out of a whole conversation and pin point it

don’t bother it was in response to someone else’s post about the number of players we COULDNT let go.

NOOOOOO don’t worry about that coz then it would make sense and you couldn’t rant garbage like the above.

Anymore sentences out of whole conversations you want to discuss without context?

You melt way, way too easily. You get shitty at different opinions to your own, or you don’t allow others to have their own opinions at all.

I’m not alone in saying it, but I have said it multiple times YOU CAN NOT HAVE 40 ELITE PLAYERS ON A LIST! Every team has & needs role players, every team has players that may never play a game but are selected in the first place as it’s been identified there is something to work with.

You want to let go of players not easily replaced, but rather than say who could realistically replace them you have a sook about who’s quoting what.

You melt way, way too easily. You get shitty at different opinions to your own, or you don’t allow others to have their own opinions at all.

I’m not alone in saying it, but I have said it multiple times YOU CAN NOT HAVE 40 ELITE PLAYERS ON A LIST! Every team has & needs role players, every team has players that may never play a game but are selected in the first place as it’s been identified there is something to work with.

You want to let go of players not easily replaced, but rather than say who could realistically replace them you have a sook about who’s quoting what.

lol again just targeting me coz I pointed out you didn’t even bother to read the conversation just one post then blurred out garbage that wasn’t relevant.

again I was responding to someone that said we couldn’t let players go and I named blokes that COULD HAVE been let go with no fuss. Wasn’t commenting on my opinion at all on that post but if you bothered to read it just not glance and rant you would have seen that.

the fact you actually think I melt in here is hilarious also. Oh and HOW do I not allow others to have an opinion on an open forum? I’m capable of stopping the internet am I?? Perhaps you haven’t really looked at this forum much BUT MORE people disagree with me than agree so I’m not doing a great job of this so called control of opinions either.

Hahahahhahaha you made my night, now let’s hope the Reds win and I can have a great sleep

xxxx

anyway end of discussion coz I will probably get another infraction for defending myself against more lies so have a great evening Ossie

Last edited:
Funny how injuries have turned Lin Jong into a dud player, not actually poor on-field performance that hasn't happened yet.
Lin Jong has never been a best 22 player and he’s been at the club for 8 years. If it was going to happen for him, it would have happened by now. 61 games in 8 years.

He’s a decent mark of the football. Big body. Great person (doubt he’d still be with us if he was any trouble whatsoever) and tries his arse off. But his basic football skills are his undoing. So many times I’ve seen a Bulldog chain of possession come unstuck because of Lin.

It’s not about time out of the game with injuries and mental health that has led some to forget what he’s capable of. Some of us remember quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back