Competitions 2019 AFL Draft Closest to the Pin..... Can you do a Wellsy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, I was thinking Melbourne pass on Jackson and Freo swoop pushing Dev out. Sharp would be something of a long shot to still be around at our 24 pick considering it'll be close to pick 27
Even if Melbourne pass at 3 , they have 8.. so freo may grab him at 7 ... ..they then have 10 if Henry doesnt get a bid

Pick 14 LUKE JACKSON
Pick 17 DEVEN ROBERTSON
Pick 24 MILES BERGMAN
Pick 36 JEREMY SHARP

If we dont get Luke Jackson, I think I will throw up.

You can buy Anagraine tablets with metoclopramide as an anti emetic OTC in pharmacy closer to draft date.

Is Bennell an auto nomination for the draft ... the way I heard it be discussed this morn it sound like he is post draft pick for Melb.

He can sign from tomorrow asdfa be pickedup in thedraft or post draft in the SSP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Sharp and Geo will be there at those picks....

I know Young is unlikely..but I reckon the other three are in the mix...

Young looks like a very fine player...beautiful foot skills, good overhead, hard at it and courageous...My only concern is I didn't see him deliver off the right foot.......Nevertheless a good prospect, a good fit for Geelong but sadly probably taken before us...

I know Young is unlikely..but I reckon the other three are in the mix...

Young looks like a very fine player...beautiful foot skills, good overhead, hard at it and courageous...My only concern is I didn't see him deliver off the right foot.......Nevertheless a good prospect, a good fit for Geelong but sadly probably taken before us...

someone will slip thru ...its why im not an advocate for trading..

No. Kersten a much better junior
Yeah, I was gonna say that.
I think maybe Riccardi might be better than Georgiades. I think Riccardi can play Key Position and will be ready for next year.
Georgiades is one for development, and probably a Rohan replacement.

This pick trading on draft day has made draft predictions even more impossible than before....

For what it's worth I reckon we will trade up 14 and 2020 first rounder for 6 with GWS.

6 - Flanders
17 - C.Stephens
24 - J.Sharp
36 - Comben

Hope such a deal eventuates. Getting part of the value, from Kelly going home , to work early with a top pick appeals. Wells MUST nail the pick though.
With a little hindsight (Bennell chatter) I think if this does happen they will trade 36 forward to next year as a little bit of cover.

pickI think that's called hedging your bets.....

Maybe!...it's more a matter of who's around at each pick.
I like Rivers over Sharp and maybe good ruck prospect with P36 Bryan is another option if we don't get Jackson.
That’s if Rantall or Taheny are gone.

Last edited:
Pick 36 JAKE RICCARDI

Oh man, almost had a father/son footy boner for a minute. But nek minnut;

For the record, Riccardi’s dad’s name is Tony, not former Geelong wingman Peter Riccardi. “It’d be good to put that one to bed right here, right now, that I’m not Peter Riccardi’s son and I’d like to apologise to him for all the times that I’ve been mentioned as his son” he said with a laugh.

“My dad’s name is Tony and he’ll be happy that he’s known as my dad instead of Peter.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back