Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callum Moore

Would be bitterly disappointed if we went down this road. Moore offers nothing that we shouldn't take a punt on young guy in the draft. Obviously Moore is more ready to play but we already have three AFL ready KPF's on our list (Stewart, McKernan and Daniher).

No thank you

Already have our number 2 for 2020. Just need to identify our number 4 ruckmen and that should hopefully be Riley Bowman.
I agree, but I think he'd be able to overtake both Bellchambers and Phillips by the end of 2020.

I agree, but I think he'd be able to overtake both Bellchambers and Phillips by the end of 2020.

Will he a) be better than Draper in 2022? b) overtake Phillips by the end of 2020?

It's a big risk for little upside on our list. It's a hard no for me on both Archie Smith and Ben Keays. Keays may have size but the rumours of being fumbly below the knees are too strong to ignore.

Will he a) be better than Draper in 2022? b) overtake Phillips by the end of 2020?

It's a big risk for little upside on our list. It's a hard no for me on both Archie Smith and Ben Keays. Keays may have size but the rumours of being fumbly below the knees are too strong to ignore.
a) No for me
b) Yes for me (as I already stated).

I said earlier in the year that he'd be the perfect target because he's old enough to step in and do a job this year, put pressure on Bellchambers to perform, but young enough to be around to put pressure on Draper in a few years. Keays I see as Langford-lite. Better off at Carlton or the Dogs.

The only guys from the DFA pool that hold any interest from me are Keays, Menadue, Brandon White and Mitch Hibberd.

Moore is essentially an inferior Mitch Brown in every way, Lyons is a little small given the rest of the group we have, Archie Smith is not necessary and everyone else is just a little meh.

To be perfectly honest I think the best player available in delisted free agency is Mitch Brown.

The only guys from the DFA pool that hold any interest from me are Keays, Menadue, Brandon White and Mitch Hibberd.

Moore is essentially an inferior Mitch Brown in every way, Lyons is a little small given the rest of the group we have, Archie Smith is not necessary and everyone else is just a little meh.

To be perfectly honest I think the best player available in delisted free agency is Mitch Brown.
No to those two. Lyons comes in and increases the average height/weight...

Menadue sucks, and White is all sorts of meh.

You would think if Mitch Hibberd was going to be signed, it would have happened already.
The rumours surrounding Z Clarke last year didn't start until the middle of November from memory. I'm waiting to see where Riccardi lands in the draft before I make decisions on DFA/SSP.

Wouldn't mind it if we drafted Mitch Podhajski either. Or Jordan Foote from the SANFL. Averaged 24.7 disposals, 6 tackles, 4.6 clearances and 5.8 inside 50's for WWT this year. 184/81 and is only 23. Former Swan.

Personally would like us to kick the tyres on Tom North (Freo - delisted) and Oscar Brownless...

The brown call could also be a sign that the coaches have identified that Langford isnt a mid. If trained and played as a forward Langford could do the brown role of a km clocking, working to the wings, mobile forward. Both a beautiful kicks. Langford a nice mark. Although brown is a few cms taller he never played as a KPF. He was a flanker.
I would be at peace with this. Lets wait and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be bitterly disappointed if we went down this road. Moore offers nothing that we shouldn't take a punt on young guy in the draft. Obviously Moore is more ready to play but we already have three AFL ready KPF's on our list (Stewart, McKernan and Daniher).
Isn't the problem that neither Stewart or Daniher have been AFL ready for more than a year?
We've got Rutten in taking over the reigns at the same time as we've gotten rid of a lead-up forward and are looking at a forward from Richmond. We don't have a system and we've got two guys in to Richmondise us. Caracella, for the forwardline, surely has his influence all over this. Moore must play a style of game or system that Brown doesn't. Why would we otherwise?
The new regime has been here before. It's benefit of the doubt time at the very least.

If we take Moore it’s just an indicator that Rutten knows he’s more competitive than Mitch Brown

Isn't the problem that neither Stewart or Daniher have been AFL ready for more than a year?
We've got Rutten in taking over the reigns at the same time as we've gotten rid of a lead-up forward and are looking at a forward from Richmond. We don't have a system and we've got two guys in to Richmondise us. Caracella, for the forwardline, surely has his influence all over this. Moore must play a style of game or system that Brown doesn't. Why would we otherwise?
The new regime has been here before. It's benefit of the doubt time at the very least.

That's an indictment on the medical staff for not getting best 22 players fit and ready to play. I don't want us to be topping up topping up what we already have. We need to still keep one eye on the future.

That's an indictment on the medical staff for not getting best 22 players fit and ready to play. I don't want us to be topping up topping up what we already have. We need to still keep one eye on the future.
An indictment it may well be. Doesn't diminish the fact. OP is debilitating and we can't guess at when Stewart or Daniher will be ready or how long or well they'll play.
Also Moore is 23 and Brown is 28; yes, we need to keep one eye on the future. That includes backing the new regime.

An indictment it may well be. Doesn't diminish the fact. OP is debilitating and we can't guess at when Stewart or Daniher will be ready or how long or well they'll play.
Also Moore is 23 and Brown is 28; yes, we need to keep one eye on the future. That includes backing the new regime.

By going and getting someone with no real upside is poor list management imho. May as well have kept Brown despite his age (28) he was our most consistent KPF this year. Moore was that poor the Tigers by passed him and went outside the draft and got one of the best in the competition which shows how highly they rate him.

I'm imagining that Moore is out just in case we miss out on Riccardi option.

Anyone heard the rumours on what the weather might be today?

d5b8a85ae82741a385bcc0a29abddc1b.jpg

By going and getting someone with no real upside is poor list management imho. May as well have kept Brown despite his age (28) he was our most consistent KPF this year. Moore was that poor the Tigers by passed him and went outside the draft and got one of the best in the competition which shows how highly they rate him.
Sorry, that doesn't show how poor Moore is, it shows that Lynch is a gun. They had the opportunity to snare one and they did.
If being 23 with a lot to learn isn't upside, I'm obviously a bit bewildered.
A lot of people whinge about EFC treading water. The club is being bold in an effort to make some advances. This is why we've brought in new coaches from Richmond who broke their 9thmond mold, yet there are conservatives who want to poopoo the decisions before they've even been made. Bizarre. Let the new coaches reshape us and break our awful culture of defenceless rubbish. Some sacrifices have to be made to allow the new system to work. It could hurt and we may go backwards before going forwards. It's called an implementation dip. Again, I'd rather give Rutten and Caracella the benefit of the doubt first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back