Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

Vagabond0

Sep 21, 2014
Not only expecting numbers to be down (on last year which already was downward treading) but also suspect there will be a decent number of downgrades on memberships, heard a few tell me they won’t renew but might just take out a 3 gamer.

What makes it more disturbing is I usually hand out my membership for 3-4 games a year as I rarely can make all 11. Last year, first time ever, no one I knew was even remotey interested. So in my small sample, not only are numbers falling but potential new members are also declining.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
And yet they are still all fingers in ears going 'LA LA LA We can't hear you!' that only Ken being sacked will get the figures even half distant (and subsequently the losses (Members, sponsors etc.) of not doing easily outweighs the payout figure). fu** the lot running the club.

Meh I reckon picking a captain is far more important than the coach right now.

There are financial excuses why we could be failing to replace our coach, and there is even a chance he actually comes good with training.

There is absolutely zero excuse for why we would go through our 150th season without a captain like we did in 2019. Zero.

Aug 22, 2009
Before trade week I called the club- thought I’d try and cash in and upgrade to better seats. No upgrades possible. They said wait a few weeks and call back.

Since then we

traded Howard and pick 10.

Jonas has come out and cried about missing out in being joint captain like the club is his little play thing

Club buttering is up again for cocaptains.

Club saying cocaptains was great and successful!!

We wear the PB’s a piss weak 1 time in 2020

So I called up and cancelled auto renewal- need more thinking time: but *- every time someone from Port speaks I just hear bullshit.

Boxx

Mar 2, 2014
Dallas Cowboys
I don’t mind the look of the Club1870 jackets this year...

I reckon the junior jacket looks better than the adult one.

May 3, 2015
Liverpool FC

Had a chat with my cousin's who we sit with at the footy yesterday... They aren't renewing either, that's 6 out of the 8 of us not renewing. I was also told from a couple of them that 2 groups of friends who are also diehards have refused to renew due to Ken and the decisions of the club. I'm anticipating the club is going to be in a world of hurt and they've got nobody to blame but themselves. Although Rucci would have you believe it's the members fault...

Why are you trying to convince people that you've made a good decision by not renewing? No one cares what you do. You're old enough to make your own decisions.

Just don't cry about it when you come back looking for your seat and you have to go on the waiting list.

May 3, 2015
Liverpool FC
Why are you trying to convince people that you've made a good decision by not renewing? No one cares what you do. You're old enough to make your own decisions.

Just don't cry about it when you come back looking for your seat and you have to go on the waiting list.
Waiting list 😂 won't be one of those for a while mate. I'm not trying to convince anyone just sharing knowledge I have come across from multiple sources. This thread is entitled 2020 membership renewals is it not?

Yeah, but you've already stated you're not renewing. It just seems like a desperate attempt for validation to me.

P.S The definition of a diehard is "a person who strongly opposes change or who continues to support something in spite of opposition". That is, the exact opposite of you and your friends.

The people who are renewing in spite of not liking the coach are diehards. You are not.

Elite Crow

30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
Yeah, but you've already stated you're not renewing. It just seems like a desperate attempt for validation to me.

P.S The definition of a diehard is "a person who strongly opposes change or who continues to support something in spite of opposition". That is, the exact opposite of you and your friends.

The people who are renewing in spite of not liking the coach are diehards. You are not.
Sorry for the intrusion, but didn’t you when your crowds dwindled at Footy Park forcing you to bring out the tarps, justify that as supporters taking action to force change at the club? What’s the difference this time? Your support of Hinkley?

May 3, 2015
Liverpool FC

Noone is changing club's, we see no other way to show our distaste in what's been served up and the message coming out the club for the last 4 years. Bear in these are all people that were members and attending back in the dark days in 2011 & 2012. Back then we had reason for our plight, now it's all on those in charge making the wrong call time and time again

dav3

May 1, 2009
Noone is changing club's, we see no other way to show our distaste in what's been served up and the message coming out the club for the last 4 years. Bear in these are all people that were members and attending back in the dark days in 2011 & 2012. Back then we had reason for our plight, now it's all on those in charge making the wrong call time and time again
Sounds like the club isn't the only one making the wrong call time and time again.

Sorry for the intrusion, but didn’t you when your crowds dwindled at Footy Park forcing you to bring out the tarps, justify that as supporters taking action to force change at the club? What’s the difference this time? Your support of Hinkley?

Port 'supporters' who pulled out when we were at AAMI Stadium running off of the smell of an oily rag are cowards. The club was genuinely doing all it could to succeed at the time, the problem was in the situation that we were in 'all it could do to succeed' wasn't very much.

Port supporters who pull out now, I completely understand. The outside excuses that existed for our struggles in 2011-2012 no longer exist. Our current malaise is entirely self-inflicted.

I liken it to parenting, in a way. If you've got a kid who's a bit slow, is trying their best but is really struggling to get by, of course you continue to support that kid. That's what the club was in 2011. Now the club is a talented but lazy teenager which could be doing great things but which is choosing to sit on the couch getting stoned and eating potato chips instead, and then coming to us as the parents/members and asking for more money to buy weed.

The club right now needs tough love. At some point 'supporting' becomes more like 'enabling'. It needs to be made clear to them that the current path we're going down is unacceptable, and given our lack of ability to spill the board there's no other way for a Port member to vote other than with their wallet.

The amount of people that claim to have stood by the club in 11/12 and gone to every game is staggering.

We must have had crowds every week of 35k not 12k.

Elite Crow

30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
Port 'supporters' who pulled out when we were at AAMI Stadium running off of the smell of an oily rag are cowards. The club was genuinely doing all it could to succeed at the time, the problem was in the situation that we were in 'all it could do to succeed' wasn't very much.

Port supporters who pull out now, I completely understand. The outside excuses that existed for our struggles in 2011-2012 no longer exist. Our current malaise is entirely self-inflicted.

I liken it to parenting, in a way. If you've got a kid who's a bit slow, is trying their best but is really struggling to get by, of course you continue to support that kid. That's what the club was in 2011. Now the club is a talented but lazy teenager which could be doing great things but which is choosing to sit on the couch getting stoned and eating potato chips instead, and then coming to us as the parents/members and asking for more money to buy weed.

The club right now needs tough love. At some point 'supporting' becomes more like 'enabling'. It needs to be made clear to them that the current path we're going down is unacceptable, and given our lack of ability to spill the board there's no other way for a Port member to vote other than with their wallet.
I agree, just find amusing Janus’s hypocritical position on this.

We find ourselves in similar positions this year, I’m a foundation member who would have pulled the pin if we kept Burton. Still think we need changes and Chapman gone, but Burton was a non-negotiable. If Chapman is gone in a year like he said he’s going to, hopefully we can move on completely. The issue I wrestled with though is I love my seat and would have lost it for good had I given it up.

The amount of people that claim to have stood by the club in 11/12 and gone to every game is staggering.

If those people exist they are more likely to be represented here

I agree, just find amusing Janus’s hypocritical position on this.

We find ourselves in similar positions this year, I’m a foundation member who would have pulled the pin if we kept Burton. Still think we need changes and Chapman gone, but Burton was a non-negotiable. If Chapman is gone in a year like he said he’s going to, hopefully we can move on completely. The issue I wrestled with though is I love my seat and would have lost it for good had I given it up.

Only reason I'm renewing this year is for the social aspect, the people I go to the footy with I don't really see much of outside of Port games and I don't want to give that up. If not for that I'd be gone. I love my seat too but I'd rather watch a non-Hinkley coached team from the top row of the Mark Ricciuto Stand than watch a Hinkley coached team from the front row.

May 3, 2015
Liverpool FC

I remember waterskiing across the oval on the eastern side of the stadium after the 138 point shellacking against Collingwood, Jason Tutts first four kicks for the Bulldogs, lots of bad memories but also remember the changing of the tide game against the Swans in 2013.

There is still a waiting list for Club1870 I’m told.
There was one to go from 11 game GA memberships to reserved seats in late 2017 and 2018 for the 2018 season.

No idea if it will still be there for 2020 season.