Autopsy We ******* did it again Richmond 2019 premiers!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

nickcat0

Team Captain
Jun 22, 2007
Southport, Lancashire, England.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
St Helens RFC
Currently re-watching the 2019 GF for the umpteenth time (I've lost count, but it's definitely in double figures).

2017 was exciting, and slightly unexpected after so many barren years. But I think it was won on the back of a few superstars performing miracles, and I worried that it might be a one-off event.

This one I'm finding more satisfying (I think).

Winning a 2nd Premiership shows us to be no one hit wonder or fluke. It proves to all that we're a really good team. Given the injuries that we suffered, we had no right to win it, but everyone at the club really pulled together, and played their part, in ensuring success. I'm enjoying this one, and looking forward to more success over the next few years.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Great article.
Dane Swan is great too.
Remember he wore the Tigers scarf in 2017 on Grand Final day.
Swan is a breath of fresh air. Party pie and all.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
2017 was exciting, and slightly unexpected after so many barren years. But I think it was won on the back of a few superstars performing miracles, and I worried that it might be a one-off event.
Sorry nickcat, but I've got to disagree with you on this. I think both grand finals were won on the back of two consummate team performances. Yeah, the superstars (Martin, Houli, Edwards, Prestia, Grimes, Vlastuin, Riewoldt, etc) played great games in '17, but they all played just as well (or better, in some cases) this year. Plus they had a lot of help in both years. Everyone did their job.

But I agree this one was little more satisfying. Maybe.

Great article.
Dane Swan is great too.
Remember he wore the Tigers scarf in 2017 on Grand Final day.
Lol read the herald sun version yesterday and thought, so glad The Herald Sun listen to podcasts for their news.

Good podcast by the way, Scott and Jack really work well together. The two of them are very funny together imo.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
1572474213200.png

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Swan is a breath of fresh air. Party pie and all.
Respect the Bloke for who i think has been the main reason why Dusty never went down the Dan Connors path.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our non 2019 premiership team:

B: Egg-Smith, Rance, Garthy
HB: Stack, Balta, McIntosh
C: Naish, Ross, Turner
HF: 2 mums, Miller, English
F: Aarts, Markov, Chol
R: RCJ, Graham, Higgo

I like how they named markov at FF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back