FTA-TV Star Trek: The Next Generation

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
T’was probably the best episodes of the entire series and a pivotal moment in Picard’s character. Hard to imagine you’ve seen the series but forgot this bit. But just in case, google the episodes Best of Both Worlds.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Season 3 Episode 26 "The Best of Both Worlds"
Season 4 Episode 1 "The Best of Both Worlds, Part II"
Season 4 Episode 2 "Family"

Borg two-parter and a slower episode set after those events. Some of it was good. Riker as Captain. Picard at home in France. Worf's parents were a bit meh.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Sorry, that does not mean anything to me.
I not watched for years so need more description if you got any.
He is captured by the Borg and partially transformed into a Borg, with the aim of leading the Borg cube in the coming battle against the Federation's fleet of starships. From memory it's at the end of Season 4, possibly even an end-of-season cliffhanger.

We're reminded of his time as a Borg in the movie "Star Trek: First Contact", where the Borg Queen repeatedly refers to his time as Locutus of Borg.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
He is captured by the Borg and partially transformed into a Borg, with the aim of leading the Borg cube in the coming battle against the Federation's fleet of starships. From memory it's at the end of Season 4, possibly even an end-of-season cliffhanger.

We're reminded of his time as a Borg in the movie "Star Trek: First Contact", where the Borg Queen repeatedly refers to his time as Locutus of Borg.

End of season 3.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy

Ok, get that part about partially transformed by Borg but now I confused as you are saying there are seasons after that so if new series made, surely it follows from the end of last season as far as his own character. I thought earlier you were suggesting a movie Nemisis was latest story line with Picard character in it.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
T’was probably the best episodes of the entire series and a pivotal moment in Picard’s character. Hard to imagine you’ve seen the series but forgot this bit. But just in case, google the episodes Best of Both Worlds.

I've never watched it in any conscious order. Remember, this tv series was from before a time watching episodes in order became more important like we are doing now with recent decades of tv shows. I've not watched that tv show regularly since mid 90's but seen movies from time to time and random episode on tv. Too long ago to remember exactly what happens in what order. Would actually need to sit down watching them which trying to avoid doing right now to get up to date with where new series will take off from.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Ok, get that part about partially transformed by Borg but now I confused as you are saying there are seasons after that so if new series made, surely it follows from the end of last season as far as his own character. I thought earlier you were suggesting a movie Nemisis was latest story line with Picard character in it.
I wasn't suggesting anything - I think you have me confused with another poster?

Picard had the Borg components removed, and there were 4 more series of TNG which followed after these events. The movies followed on from the TV series. The last of these was Nemesis, which makes it the last story line featuring Picard prior to the forthcoming "ST: Picard".

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I wasn't suggesting anything - I think you have me confused with another poster?

Picard had the Borg components removed, and there were 4 more series of TNG which followed after these events. The movies followed on from the TV series. The last of these was Nemesis, which makes it the last story line featuring Picard prior to the forthcoming "ST: Picard".

probably...lol

Ok, so Nemisis is last thing I got to watch. Will do that before end of year.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Season 4 Episode 4 "Suddenly Human"

This was good. Picard takes a teen under his wing. About ethics!

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
probably...lol

Ok, so Nemisis is last thing I got to watch. Will do that before end of year.
Given what we know of the plot already, I would suggest the episodes Best of Both Worlds parts 1 and 2, and I, Borg (a major character in the new series is from this) plus the movies First Contact and Nemesis. That’s everything you need to be up to speed, except maybe the first five mins of the 2009 reboot because that kicks off a plot point as well.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Given what we know of the plot already, I would suggest the episodes Best of Both Worlds parts 1 and 2, and I, Borg (a major character in the new series is from this) plus the movies First Contact and Nemesis. That’s everything you need to be up to speed, except maybe the first five mins of the 2009 reboot because that kicks off a plot point as well.

In terms of I, Borg, are you referring to Hugh? Is he in this new series?

the PILL

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2007
VICTORIA
AFL Club
Essendon
Love me a bit of TNG...

Always get a good giggle out of Worfs character battling his demons in a human environment and the ethical/honour battle he navigates. He holds my biggest LOL moment when he has to deliver Keikos baby with no other knowledge on how to do it, except for some Starfleet simulation he once completed while training. His reactions when things aren't going as the simulation did are priceless 😂

First Contact (Movie) is easily my fav of the entite crop and a regular goto if in that trekie mood.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Season 4 Episode 18 "Identity Crisis"

Interesting idea but bit of a slog.

Back