Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how injuries have turned Lin Jong into a dud player, not actually poor on-field performance that hasn't happened yet.
Jong was never that good except in a very small handful of people's minds. But let's not have that discussion as most people are bored by it and we wouldn't want to trigger you into calling people who don't rate Jong racists - again.

lol again just targeting me coz I pointed out you didn’t even bother to read the conversation just one post then blurred out garbage that wasn’t relevant.

again I was responding to someone that said we couldn’t let players go and I named blokes that COULD HAVE been let go with no fuss. Wasn’t commenting on my opinion at all on that post but if you bothered to read it just not glance and rant you would have seen that.

the fact you actually think I melt in here is hilarious also. Oh and HOW do I not allow others to have an opinion on an open forum? I’m capable of stopping the internet am I?? Perhaps you haven’t really looked at this forum much BUT MORE people disagree with me than agree so I’m not doing a great job of this so called control of opinions either.

Hahahahhahaha you made my night, now let’s hope the Reds win and I can have a great sleep

xxxx

anyway end of discussion coz I will probably get another infraction for defending myself against more lies so have a great evening Ossie

Another melt, look at the length of your rant. You don’t allow other opinions as the bulk of your posts are “lol”, “WOW”, ok you’re blocked.

Again, you still haven’t said who you’d rather us take on rather than getting rid of the likes of Suckling or Dickson who are certainly still best 22 if fully fit. A few pages ago you wanted a 10+ player turnover in one year, that’s the point.

Another melt, look at the length of your rant. You don’t allow other opinions as the bulk of your posts are “lol”, “WOW”, ok you’re blocked.

Again, you still haven’t said who you’d rather us take on rather than getting rid of the likes of Suckling or Dickson who are certainly still best 22 if fully fit. A few pages ago you wanted a 10+ player turnover in one year, that’s the point.

Some of us have wanted greater turnover each year for a while... now there are so many who aren’t up to it, still on the list. They don’t need to be turned over this year BUT we could have turned over 1 extra the last 3 years and given 3 new rookies a shot.

Rookies are about 1/6 shot at making it, yet we are not even trying to find a good one. You have to try to succeed.

Some of us have wanted greater turnover each year for a while... now there are so many who aren’t up to it, still on the list. They don’t need to be turned over this year BUT we could have turned over 1 extra the last 3 years and given 3 new rookies a shot.

Rookies are about 1/6 shot at making it, yet we are not even trying to find a good one. You have to try to succeed.

We’ve found a good one, Young is going to be upgraded. Another rookie spot is a project ruck in Sweet, who may not ever have the tank to make it but we are trying with him.

The other two spots will be Rmith & Gardner. Injuries have hurt his development, but Rmith has a lot of tools at his disposal that are worth persevering with over replacing him with another 1/6 player as you say.
Gardner is very much so-so no doubt, but the coaching team may see more to it behind closed doors than what anyone else has seen in a sample size.

Just because players don’t hit the ground running & make an impact straight away, doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to develop like any other player can.

With Young being upgraded it may open up another spot for another rookie, unless Khamis is the last one as he was taken as a category B rookie. Not sure if his upgrade was to the primary list or as a rookie though, or how that all works to be honest.

With us likely to have shite draft selections next yr due to f/s and NGA picks and us moving a few on, being able to upgrade a rookie or two would've been great. Keeping Gardner as a rookie makes that unlikely.

To be fair Power has done pretty well if keeping one rookie is the main criticism.

We do seem to keep players at 36-42 on our list for a long time.

Last edited:
Oh jesus christ we're talking about Lin Jong again is it draft time yet
Lol and to double down.

If Lin had Tom Boyd's game sense, composure, ruck and kicking skill AND if Tom had Lin's aggression and overhead marking.....

Both Lin and Tom could've been elite.

Oh jesus christ we're talking about Lin Jong again is it draft time yet

actually pretty sure no one was, just one of the minions throwing his name out when I’m around so everyone will assume it’s moi. Lol

I’m melting (ie someone can’t admit they were wrong) 😂😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can guarantee if we dropped Rourke and Gardner the same people who are defending them would defend the club and say it was the only decision possible. They are incapable of making up their own minds the club does it for them
Wouldn’t that be because those people trust the club to be in the best position to make that judgment and not themselves?

There’s nothing wrong with criticising the club, same as there’s nothing wrong with agreeing with decisions they’ve made.

That’s the great thing about this forum. Provides all of us nuffies with red, white and blue glasses on to discuss all things Bulldog whether they be big, small, bad, good or indifferent.

The Dogs probably could have dropped another 1 or 2 players but I think at this stage they want some known bit players instead of some untried rookies to help the team in case of the injury runs they had the previous years. This year dogs had a decent injury run but that was only 1 year of the last 5. Dogs are in a finals window and to turn over the list further could be an undoing if they experience another run of injuries during the season and cant win enough games to make finals and have the personnel back to play in time for finals. Some of the games in 2016 were won without wood, libba, macrae, and co, who all came back in time for finals.

actually pretty sure no one was, just one of the minions throwing his name out when I’m around so everyone will assume it’s moi. Lol

I’m melting (ie someone can’t admit they were wrong) 😂😂😂😂

Where was I wrong? I’m usually the first to put my hand up when I get something wrong.

You agreed with a list of players you said should have been moved on, this is now the third time I’ve had to ask you so I’d appreciate a response instead of insignificant woe is me bullshit. This is a list management discussion thread after all.

Who would you bring in to replace the players you said we should or should already have been let go? Ideally Suckling & Dickson in particular, considering what they bring to the team (experience & goals, mostly).

Wouldn’t that be because those people trust the club to be in the best position to make that judgment and not themselves?

There’s nothing wrong with criticising the club, same as there’s nothing wrong with agreeing with decisions they’ve made.

That’s the great thing about this forum. Provides all of us nuffies with red, white and blue glasses on to discuss all things Bulldog whether they be big, small, bad, good or indifferent.

Again not what I said and of course supporters should HOPE the club makes the right calls.

I’m referring to the flip flippers that just support everything and anything and then spin there way out of the hypocrisy.

I wasn’t that fazed We resigned RSmith although I would have moved him on but there were people on here that said The club was right to let him go when he wasn’t resigned BUT when he was the same people said great decision he deserve another chance. I’d point them out but I won’t.

and in the end I’m as deserved of a opinion as anyone else in here and because I think we should have made more changes AND IN NOT THE ONLY ONE I don’t trust the club? Please tell me how the resigning of Jong has worked out?

I understand we need depth players for injury but why we didn’t wait to see how was in the entire free agency market until we resigned the last few spots baffles me. Don’t tell me Brand or Mitch Brown or Lachie Henderson wouldn’t have been far better “in case of emergency” options than Gardner. And the same for Sam Gray over RSmith.

Omg are you deadset serious???????

Now ive told you three times to read the entire convo but I will explain so you get it

I didn’t say move them on in that post at all. I was responding to a post that said NO players could be moved on easily. Suckers and Dicko were both out of contract as were others WHICH I ALSO MENTIONED and then even added I’m sure I’ve missed a couple SO THEREFORE they could have been moved easily as the poster said no one could.

GET IT?? Want a diagram?

Williams
RSmith
Jong
Lynch
Gardner
Gowers
Suckers or Dicko

none of these I expect to play any seniors next year(or very little if injury hits us)

but I’m on the minority here with this so ce la vie

Settle, Matthew. If you’ve changed tune since that post above, just let me know

edit - for clarity, that post was a response to a direct question to who you would cut

Dear god some people in here just baffle me with their inability to understand simple distinctions So I will make it so easy to explain even they can get it

Players I THOUGHT should/could move on this year we didn’t

Williams
RSmith
Jong
Lynch
Gardner
Gowers
Suckers OR Dicko(injury more than anything)

Players we COULD have move on due to contract ending

Williams
RSmith
Lynch
Gardner
Suckers
Dicko
Porter
Young
Sweet

They have some players the same but that is irrelevant to the topic that was being discussed. pretty simple really

No more "he said, she said" conversations please peeps. If you want to argue or abuse someone, or be disrespectful to everyone else, please go to Bay 13. Otherwise stay away from here.

Dear god some people in here just baffle me with their inability to understand simple distinctions So I will make it so easy to explain even they can get it

Players I THOUGHT should/could move on this year we didn’t

Williams
RSmith
Jong
Lynch
Gardner
Gowers
Suckers OR Dicko(injury more than anything)

Players we COULD have move on due to contract ending

Williams
RSmith
Lynch
Gardner
Suckers
Dicko
Porter
Young
Sweet

They have some players the same but that is irrelevant to the topic that was being discussed. pretty simple really
Lynch was already contracted for next year thanks to signing a 2 year extension in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back