Adelaide Logo Redesign: 2018

Which logo do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d rather win footy matches than stress about the logo and song but that said it seems to make perfect sense that the timing is spot on in 2021 for a makeover/rebrand or whatever it’s called.

12 months to bed in the new coach, footy dept, development of our younger list which will be enhanced next off season even further.

Season 2021 will be a more exciting time than the present.

Perhaps most significantly it should coincide with our new facility and the move to the city. I’d be using that shift as the time for the rebrand.

I’d rather win footy matches than stress about the logo and song but that said it seems to make perfect sense that the timing is spot on in 2021 for a makeover/rebrand or whatever it’s called.

12 months to bed in the new coach, footy dept, development of our younger list which will be enhanced next off season even further.

Season 2021 will be a more exciting time than the present.

Perhaps most significantly it should coincide with our new facility and the move to the city. I’d be using that shift as the time for the rebrand.
Where about's is the facility going to be?

Think you guys should do an us and go to a modernish redesign of your old logo!

In isolation I do not like our logo
But when I line up all 18 logos like we have at the top of the afl website I feel there's 4 groups

1-2 (easily the best) - St Kilda, Carlton - They're timeless, charming logos

3-15 (average) - Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong, GOld Coast, Greater Western Sydney, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Richmond, West Coast, Western Bulldogs - They're modern, nothing special, but I wouldn't say any are good or any are bad

16-17 (out of date) - Essendon, Sydney - They were good in their time but they look so out of place next to everything else now. I guess the goalposts have changed. And now they're not kicking goals unlike in the 90s

18 (bastardised) - Port Adelaide - You can see what they're trying. Encompass tradition but modernise it. But to me, the ultimate result is 2 styles clashing and bastardising everything.

I think the logo does need a refresh. Many directions it could go. Another option is to be more stylised and timeless like the attached.

Ignore the watermark I used an online logo generator.
AFC Logo.png

Attachments

• AFC Logo.png
    AFC Logo.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 97
I still think our original logo we used is the way to go. use the crow and colours behind it and then design around it.. give it a more modern look and stronger look. the raptor head we currently use is very tacky.
Perfect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the logo does need a refresh. Many directions it could go. Another option is to be more stylised and timeless like the attached.

Ignore the watermark I used an online logo generator.
View attachment 772009
This has potential, really different slant on it but I like it (although very Soccer style)

Wonder what a coloured version would look like (to be us it needs our 3 colours IMO with an outline option like this able to be used in some situations like we currently have a while with blue outline version of the raptor)

Adding the 3 colours has potential to really mess it up but would need to find a way to make it work for that to work as a logo for us.

2 Most likely ways I can think of may be (without the benefit of seeing it)
- Change the outlines to white, fill the bird including wings with blue, use red/yellow in the lines inside the wings
- if keen to keep it not a block of colour, just change the 3 lines inside the wings to red and yellow, keeping the rest of the outline blue?

would be curious to see how these look!

695efe5c787489a13ad3a87eb7063da9.jpg

Just a concept

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just need a crow version of west coasts rebrand.
Their logo is great. Their club is everything we strive to be so we may as well just copy em

Back