List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

Remove this Banner Ad

What a truly great decision that would be by you. :rolleyes:

Have a look at the blokes statistics before you make uninformed comments like that. Has played 70 games, averages 13.3 disposals, 5.6 marks and just under a goal a game. Not a champion but a good depth player, just like Walker.
The only person petitioning for Brown to be drafted are either his family members or his friends. Now I'm not sure which one of those you fall under but Brown isn't much chop. He couldn't cut it as a defender at Geelong or * so had to operate as a decoy forward thanks to a lack of options. Even without Daniher he was average. I liked Brown at Geelong and thought he'd be an option before * but he clearly was not and if it weren't for * and their drugs he would have stayed in the VFL.

That's looking past the fact that we're talking about defenders here. Campbell would be a better option as a forward. At least he could chop out Goldie effectively.

The only person petitioning for Brown to be drafted are either his family members or his friends. Now I'm not sure which one of those you fall under but Brown isn't much chop. He couldn't cut it as a defender at Geelong or * so had to operate as a decoy forward thanks to a lack of options. Even without Daniher he was average. I liked Brown at Geelong and thought he'd be an option before * but he clearly was not and if it weren't for * and their drugs he would have stayed in the VFL.

That's looking past the fact that we're talking about defenders here. Campbell would be a better option as a forward. At least he could chop out Goldie effectively.

I'm neither mate. In my opinion, either of Walker or Brown, are worth considering as depth players. That's just my opinion.

But what I'm really objecting to though is that you made the absurd statement that "If we drafted Mitch Brown I would have stopped supporting North until both he and whoever made the decision to draft him left the club."

As I said, absurd.

I'm neither mate. In my opinion, either of Walker or Brown, are worth considering as depth players. That's just my opinion.

But what I'm really objecting to though is that you made the absurd statement that "If we drafted Mitch Brown I would have stopped supporting North until both he and whoever made the decision to draft him left the club."

As I said, absurd.
Walker I could tolerate because he has form and age on his side. Brown does not.

As for the rest 🤦‍♂️

At the moment Walker is a better player then Durdin and McKay and he is still just 26 years old with experience. Covers our depth and means players need to perform , don’t just gift games because you are young enough.
I think "at the moment" are the key words. Richard Douglas might have more impact on games than LDU but no one would suggest adding him and denying LDU development time. Playing players good enough to get a game at the moment but ultimately not good enough to take us to the next level is no longer an option for us. We're drowning in the middle rungs of the ladder. I think Durdin will have a breakout year if he's given serious game time.

I think "at the moment" are the key words. Richard Douglas might have more impact on games than LDU but no one would suggest adding him and denying LDU development time. Playing players good enough to get a game at the moment but ultimately not good enough to take us to the next level is no longer an option for us. We're drowning in the middle rungs of the ladder. I think Durdin will have a breakout year if he's given serious game time.

Durdin & Walker are neither here nor there when it comes to getting out of the middle rungs, so I don't get your angst with this.

We need improvement from our young midfielders in order for that to happen.

You've just described (bolded) one of Brad Scott's greatest failings.

I didnt follow the trade period closely enough to see how interested North "actually" were in grabbing a key defender....but you get the impression North didnt see it as a real need......if Im honest I do have concerns with our KPD....and whilst Howard was too expensive surprised we didnt have a go at Frost who I see as a better option than Walker.....having said that if we dont pick up a Walker type then that tells me the club thinks we have it covered...the pessimist in me doesnt agree.

Durdin & Walker are neither here nor there when it comes to getting out of the middle rungs, so I don't get your angst with this.

We need improvement from our young midfielders in order for that to happen.
Agree.....for mine Durdin will become a player who simply plays his role which is all Im expecting or wanting. For North to progress our young mids will need to take another step and I reckon Shaw will give them every opportunity. They need to as Cunners / JZ / Higgo will eventually start to fall away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I had to read between the lines of this hunt for a ready to go KPD type, then my hunch would be that they have reservations about Majak getting up.
possibly, or McKay going backwards

My take is question marks around McKay's want to be an AFL footballer. I've said it since the start after hearing about his mindset during his draft year. I think it's what is holding him back and will ultimately lead to his undoing. IMO he will leave the game early.

I hope I'm wrong because he has the athletic ability to be a really good player.

Im happy with that....no pressure on Maj...if he gets up then thats a bonus.

He was half a game of twos off playing seniors late in the season then pinged a hammy.

My take is question marks around McKay's want to be an AFL footballer.

People are being a bit narrow minded with B-Mac.

He missed opportunities due to Thommo & Tazz doing so well, then Majak got in and finally got going, then when Maj got injured he got his shot this year under an absolutely idiotic game plan that made the entire backline look bad, before succumbing to pneumonia resulting in a long layoff. Then when he got back, Durdin had grabbed the spot.

As for whether he "want to be an afl FOOTBALLER", the bloke has done non club related off season training every year mate. There's nothing wrong with his application or his ability. He just needs to sharpen up his smarts (experience) and get a chance for a game in the seniors.

From 4/9/2018:

1572747447312.png

From 28/11/2018:

1572747562720.png

From 12/2/2019:

1572747617357.png

From 15/3/2019:

1572747681396.png

People are being a bit narrow minded with B-Mac.

He missed opportunities due to Thommo & Tazz doing so well, then Majak got in and finally got going, then when Maj got injured he got his shot this year under an absolutely idiotic game plan that made the entire backline look bad, before succumbing to pneumonia resulting in a long layoff. Then when he got back, Durdin had grabbed the spot.

As for whether he "want to be an afl FOOTBALLER", the bloke has done non club related off season training every year mate. There's nothing wrong with his application or his ability. He just needs to sharpen up his smarts (experience) and get a chance for a game in the seniors.

From 4/9/2018:

View attachment 773843

From 28/11/2018:

View attachment 773844

From 12/2/2019:

View attachment 773845

From 15/3/2019:

View attachment 773846
I know what he's said on paper and you're right he has trained hard. I don't know if he is doing what he knows is expected vs. what he truly wants to do.

I completely agree people have written him off early and he did have a tough year - I've definitely factored in those variables when posters have thrown him under the bus throughout the year and during the trade period. I just worry mentally because if he has that switched on I don't think anything will hold him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back