Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Yeah never got on board with it with Hodge either. Felt like he was up here to finish his career but was a Hawk at heart. Still so glad we got two years from him though.
The only interest I’ll have is him breaking par @ 18 possies with 78% DE

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I was seated near where the usual general admission section is and the PA wasn’t working, somehow made the atmosphere even better, especially when the fans around me decided to sing the song themselves since the speakers weren’t working.

The PA breaking down was the best thing that could have happened.

The fans at the ground were able to make their own atmosphere. Even the absence of the club songs didn't bother me one bit.

It was spine tingling stuff.

Compared to the GWS semi a week later when what'ser-face kept shrieking into her mike for about 10 minutes non-stop before the first ball up as "motivation" for we (apparently unmotivated) supporters.

"C'MOM LIONS SUPPORTERS!!!!!!....GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!.....C'MON LET'S HEAR IT!!!!!!.....C'MOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!!.....GOOOOOO LIOOONNSSSS! !!!!......LET'S MAKE SOME NOISSSSE!!!!!!.....YEAH....THAT'S RIGHT!!!!!!....BLAH BLAH.......YEAH!!!!!!!

All at about 50 bloody billion decibels.

It made my ears and my brain hurt and IMO actually flattened the atmosphere.

Who the bloody hell decided we need basketball style "crowd motivators" anyway.

Bah humbug :mad: 👎

Last edited:
The PA breaking down was the best thing that could have happened.

The fans at the ground were able to make their own atmosphere. Even the absence of the club songs didn't bother me one bit.

It was spine tingling stuff.

Yeah the atmosphere at the start of that Richmond game was otherworldly. Sometimes the presenters just need to let things simmer.

It's a shame that the lions insider account was tagged 20 times earlier in the thread as this is the kind of feedback that could actually improve the match experience for the fans and I doubt they'll actually read this thread now.

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
It's a shame that the lions insider account was tagged 20 times earlier in the thread as this is the kind of feedback that could actually improve the match experience for the fans and I doubt they'll actually read this thread now.
I give it every time I fill out a member survey.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I go to Big Bash matches with the kids.. the PA, Music and idiots drive me nuts.
Often they be doing stupid dances and crap while a wicket falls.
Sad isn't it that you cannot just be entertained by the sport itself.
The kids love it and enjoy the crap more then the cricket. I hope AFL does not go that way.
And yes I know Big Bash not real cricket..
I went to World series at Waverley park when I was a kid. When ODI was new
Still went Boxing day as well

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Man squiggle is pretty brutal. For me it predicted us at 7th with 12 wins and had the Eagles and giants both missing the 8

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
IMG_7536.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
West Coast with Tim Kelly next year will be near unbeatable. Eagles and Tigers grand final is my tip.

Nah, he's got his fat contract now, he can take his foot off the pedal. Time to relax, kick back & enjoy easy street back home with your mates & family. He'll be Des Headland 2.0

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Forgive the finals...my partner decided decided she'd make sure her Giants didn't lose again, and took the phone to make sure that was the case. Lions for prems for mine

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-11-03-17-53-07.png
    Capture+_2019-11-03-17-53-07.png
    496 KB · Views: 124
Back