Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
List of players he said should have been moved on.
Ask who he’d target to replace them.
This is a list management thread.

What.
Am.
I.
Missing?

Mutt/any other admin feel free to PM me if I’ve done anything wrong, but I shouldn’t have to ask a basic question 3 times trying to keep it on topic just to be called a minion or that I’m wrong for asking something. It’s over now he’s the second person (I’ll be nice here) to block me rather than face up to the situation, but I’m confused right now.

Trust me, I'm as disappointed as you that Lynch will be here next year. Was crap even at VFL level :( really hope he turns it out in 2020

How was his form immediately prior to his re-signing?

How was his form immediately prior to his re-signing?
Very impressive. He was supposedly getting good interest from rival clubs (North in particular) and he'd played a few very good games in a row prior to his re-signing, so it made a lot of sense at the time. The drop in output in 2019 was inexplicable really

List of players he said should have been moved on.
Ask who he’d target to replace them.
This is a list management thread.

What.
Am.
I.
Missing?

Mutt/any other admin feel free to PM me if I’ve done anything wrong, but I shouldn’t have to ask a basic question 3 times trying to keep it on topic just to be called a minion or that I’m wrong for asking something. It’s over now he’s the second person (I’ll be nice here) to block me rather than face up to the situation, but I’m confused right now.
I'm asking for the bickering to stop. You and many others on here can play a role by not feeding into the attention seeking of others. Some people want to make everything about them - just don't oblige them. We know they are wrong nearly all of the time. We know they can't abide by others who dare to have a different opinion. Just ignore those who piss you off and get on with discussion that entertains, informs, stimulates or whatever.

Very impressive. He was supposedly getting good interest from rival clubs (North in particular) and he'd played a few very good games in a row prior to his re-signing, so it made a lot of sense at the time. The drop in output in 2019 was inexplicable really

Was the most disappointing part of the season for me, aside from Morris’ injuries. Has pace & can hit targets off both feet, ended 2018 really well & hit the post with a near match winning snap in round 23. Don’t even think he was named as an emergency all season either which shows how far off he was, all I can think is that he turned up for pre season out of shape (and couldn’t make up for it) but that would be hard for what seems to be a naturally slim type of guy

Lynch has never looked good at VFL level, at least from what I've seen and heard. Last year he got a game because we were running out of uninjured players not because of form. Maybe it's because he needs better players around him for his skills to shine, maybe it's just a mental thing.

Western Bulldogs:
2019 senior list: 40
Outgoings: 5 (Boyd, Morris, Picken retired; Webb, Roberts delisted)
Incomings: 2 (Keath, Bruce traded) (may upgrade Lachie Young)
Live picks: 3 (13, 53, 89)
Expect to use 3 picks

Lynch has never looked good at VFL level, at least from what I've seen and heard. Last year he got a game because we were running out of uninjured players not because of form. Maybe it's because he needs better players around him for his skills to shine, maybe it's just a mental thing.

We have had several players only get a crack due to injury in the last couple years so he isn’t alone there.

To me he actually a better option than Williams from what I saw at the end of last year but was invisible this year. With the amount of probable changes next year and the way our club holds onto blokes I wouldn’t be surprised to see him put pen to paper again

I'm asking for the bickering to stop. You and many others on here can play a role by not feeding into the attention seeking of others. Some people want to make everything about them - just don't oblige them. We know they are wrong nearly all of the time. We know they can't abide by others who dare to have a different opinion. Just ignore those who piss you off and get on with discussion that entertains, informs, stimulates or whatever.
Very well said

lol again just targeting me coz I pointed out you didn’t even bother to read the conversation just one post then blurred out garbage that wasn’t relevant.

again I was responding to someone that said we couldn’t let players go and I named blokes that COULD HAVE been let go with no fuss. Wasn’t commenting on my opinion at all on that post but if you bothered to read it just not glance and rant you would have seen that.

the fact you actually think I melt in here is hilarious also. Oh and HOW do I not allow others to have an opinion on an open forum? I’m capable of stopping the internet am I?? Perhaps you haven’t really looked at this forum much BUT MORE people disagree with me than agree so I’m not doing a great job of this so called control of opinions either.

Hahahahhahaha you made my night, now let’s hope the Reds win and I can have a great sleep

xxxx

anyway end of discussion coz I will probably get another infraction for defending myself against more lies so have a great evening Ossie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a member of big footy for a number of years. Dont post often because of mattdougie. Will come back in a couple of years again hopefully he is gone. Absolute self centred idiot
Shouldn't avoid the place because of one poster, just put him on ignore. I've done it with tons of users whose comments I thought added nothing, and it massively improved the quality

Well said. However, these people, one in particular, consistently manages to pollute the forum with negative, sarcastic and emotive raves, thereby making the forum unpleasant for everyone. Yes, they/he can be ignored but another alternative might be to just kick them off the forum. I'm sure I'm not alone in this opinion.

Well said. However, these people, one in particular, consistently manages to pollute the forum with negative, sarcastic and emotive raves, thereby making the forum unpleasant for everyone. Yes, they/he can be ignored but another alternative might be to just kick them off the forum. I'm sure I'm not alone in this opinion.

Yeah I post on another website, there's a paywall which helps keep low-effort posters out but their moderators are also more than willing to ban or probate someone just because. That's not just because they feel like it but it could be just because the person is a shitposter or starts fights or is just obnoxious.

Part of what made the site and its forums special was the moderation. They had all the usual rules — no doxxing or sustained harassment; no racism or discrimination — but it was their last rule that made the place innovative. “It ended with the catch-all where I just said, ‘Remember, we can ban you for any reason we like. So if something falls through the cracks here, we can still ban you for it,’”

More sites should just adopt a rule where if someone is pushing the boundaries on what they say and are being assholes then you can just give them the boot because it's the only way someone will get better.

I consider myself a 'knowledgeable' (certainly not ITK), and invested supporter...
...and yet I can't recall one thing about him!
Certainly embarrassing for one of us... 🤔

I consider myself a 'knowledgeable' (certainly not ITK), and invested supporter...
...and yet I can't recall one thing about him!
Certainly embarrassing for one of us... 🤔
Bit of a flash in the pan player really. Was really impressive in his limited number of games (including the Richmond one at the end of 2018) but then dropped off a cliff this year. If you can find replays of games from the back end of last year, I recommend having a watch for him. Looked awesome and really exciting - one of the few with a bit of x-factor

I would not give up on Lynch just yet. Has the tools to be a gun x-factor player. I sense it’s perhaps a lot to do with confidence. May not turn it around but surely he knows this coming year is make or break. Will be interested to follow his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back