Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Cole fell off a cliff and Hurn wasn't the same returning after injury.

Reckon there were times when the opposition looked like scoring a goal every time they went into the 50.

I think the last third of Hurn's season really hurt us. Up until that point I had him pencilled in as AA captain. By the end of the season I thought he was damned lucky to make the AA side.

He was very slow with a lot of decision making and slowed down the play. It allowed the opposition to get to the fall of the ball and he didn't give us a lot of the output that we needed to move the ball from defence to the forward line.

Given that Richmond were gifted the last 2 months of the season at the MCG and we had the Rioli drama which seriously affected our teams output, I don't think we should be thinking we would have won the 2019 flag with Kelly.
I do though think that Richmond won't be gifted the same easy fixture in 2020 and that WC will be a huge shot at the title with Kelly in the team. I personally think 2020 will be a dominant year from WC, with a point to prove.
Its Collingwoods turn to be gifted .

Watch out for Jettadardz in the midfield gaiz

View attachment 767075

Saw that one.

For gods sake. Under no circumstances could you watch any Eagles game in the last 2-3 years and consider Jetta part of the midfield group. Bizarre stuff.

You could however probably group old mate Naitanui in there....he is occasionally spotted in the middle.

I think the last third of Hurn's season really hurt us. Up until that point I had him pencilled in as AA captain. By the end of the season I thought he was damned lucky to make the AA side.

He was very slow with a lot of decision making and slowed down the play. It allowed the opposition to get to the fall of the ball and he didn't give us a lot of the output that we needed to move the ball from defence to the forward line.
He got in on reputation this year. Sheppard was significantly better and more reliable. Hurn's reluctance to pull the trigger this year was so frustrating.

He got in on reputation this year. Sheppard was significantly better and more reliable. Hurn's reluctance to pull the trigger this year was so frustrating.
I think his hamstring 'awareness' was understated also and Hurn wasn't confident enough in his leg to pull said trigger. Match committee decided a 80% Hurn was better than a 100% [player X] on a couple of occasions and whilst he might have been, he was not playing his usual way.

I think his hamstring 'awareness' was understated also and Hurn wasn't confident enough in his leg to pull said trigger. Match committee decided a 80% Hurn was better than a 100% [player X] on a couple of occasions and whilst he might have been, he was not playing his usual way.

Im actually surprised he got up for the Semi. He was barely walking in the leadup to that game.

I’m not talking about long booming kicks taking the game on like Jetta but more so he was just so slow to move the ball. Take his full time and then go the safe option.

SBS have axed the Marngrook footy show...
I have to admit the show was very overrated. It came across as amateur at the best of times, I never understood the hype. I guess it was good compared to the Footy Show, but that's not much of a comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit the show was very overrated. It came across as amateur at the best of times, I never understood the hype. I guess it was good compared to the Footy Show, but that's not much of a comparison.
You're not allowed to say that because racism.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your face is overrated.

So Melbourne vs Gold Coast in Round 15 is a mouthwatering clash but Tim Kelly vs Geelong in Round 3 isn't?

No the round 3 highlight is Carlton and the Bombers. 16th v 8th is what real punters want to see. Two average teams who have the exact same lists going into 2020 is what dreams are made of.

Goddard in the HS has rated our midfield the 2nd best behind the Giants.
Personally, I would have the WB a lot higher than 7th.

GWS
WC
Collingwood
Richmond
Brisbane
Geelong
WB
Melbourne
Esendon
Hawks
Port
Norf
St Kilda
Carlton
Adelaide
Syd
Freo and
GC.

2. WEST COAST

THE TOP-LINERS
Andrew Gaff (22, 107), Elliot Yeo (23, 106), Tim Kelly (25, 104), Luke Shuey (24, 101), Dom Sheed (24, 93), Jack Redden (23, 91), Mark Hutchings (18, 48)
THE TOP-UPS
Xavier O’Neill (0, 0), Hamish Brayshaw (0, 0), Brayden Ainsworth (0, 0)
Goddard says: The addition of Kelly from Geelong during the trade period gives the Eagles four genuine top-line stars. Kelly ranked as the 11th best clearance player in the competition last season, Gaff is arguably the best wingman in the game, Yeo is a legitimate run-with player and Shuey is the Eagles’ reigning best-and-fairest. Then there is Redden and Sheed, who are not a bad second-string at all. If everyone is fit and healthy, who starts in the centre bounce in Round 1?

Goddard in the HS has rated our midfield the 2nd best behind the Giants.
Personally, I would have the WB a lot higher than 7th.

GWS
WC
Collingwood
Richmond
Brisbane
Geelong
WB
Melbourne
Esendon
Hawks
Port
Norf
St Kilda
Carlton
Adelaide
Syd
Freo and
GC.

2. WEST COAST

THE TOP-LINERS
Andrew Gaff (22, 107), Elliot Yeo (23, 106), Tim Kelly (25, 104), Luke Shuey (24, 101), Dom Sheed (24, 93), Jack Redden (23, 91), Mark Hutchings (18, 48)
THE TOP-UPS
Xavier O’Neill (0, 0), Hamish Brayshaw (0, 0), Brayden Ainsworth (0, 0)
Goddard says: The addition of Kelly from Geelong during the trade period gives the Eagles four genuine top-line stars. Kelly ranked as the 11th best clearance player in the competition last season, Gaff is arguably the best wingman in the game, Yeo is a legitimate run-with player and Shuey is the Eagles’ reigning best-and-fairest. Then there is Redden and Sheed, who are not a bad second-string at all. If everyone is fit and healthy, who starts in the centre bounce in Round 1?

Our top ups are a bit strange though. Ah Chee does not exist?

Dogs are really scary though. The age profile PLUS the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back