Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
It means he doesn’t use his size enough. He’s a bit of a gentle giant and needs to get a bit of aggro in him.
Saw a demo once by Dermott Brereton on how to move a defender out from under the incoming ball, all using the body and the leading/running line. Lockett was a genius at it. IMO more what they are talking about.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Saw a demo once by Dermott Brereton on how to move a defender out from under the incoming ball, all using the body and the leading/running line. Lockett was a genius at it. IMO more what they are talking about.
Oh no doubt technique is an important factor and Ellem will hopefully learn as his career progresses. Still, my point stands, he also needs to get more aggressive in his play. Lockett was a very clever footballer and certainly had great technique but he was also known to compliment that by using his bulk and aggression on the odd occasion ;)

Sooooo. Would like the AFL to explain how a team that made the finals series ends up with an easier draw than us, only playing GWS as the double up. (Talking about the Bulldogs.) I guess ridiculously biased umpiring throughout the season just didn't cut it.

Our draw looks ok, but with Hawthorn and Carlton tipped to be big improvers ( along with St Kilda ) the non-finalist double ups might not be as easy as they look.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
Sooooo. Would like the AFL to explain how a team that made the finals series ends up with an easier draw than us, only playing GWS as the double up. (Talking about the Bulldogs.) I guess ridiculously biased umpiring throughout the season just didn't cut it.

Our draw looks ok, but with Hawthorn and Carlton tipped to be big improvers ( along with St Kilda ) the non-finalist double ups might not be as easy as they look.
Based on Champion Data we have the second weakest draw while the Doggies have the seventh weakest draw. Which given where we finished fourth last isn’t unexpected in some senses. The Dogs draw is a bit surprising.

Based on Champion Data we have the second weakest draw while the Doggies have the seventh weakest draw. Which given where we finished fourth last isn’t unexpected in some senses. The Dogs draw is a bit surprising.
Like to know how they determine there to be that much of a difference between the two considering we have the same double up and we copped Hawthorn and Carlton who are tipped to be climbers.

RobbieK

Cancelled
Aug 20, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
You can't measure how hard the draw is before the season has even started. Last season's results are not a perfect indicator of next seasons performance. There were teams last year that got an "easy" draw that included Brisbane twice on account of them coming fourth last in 2018. There were teams that got a "hard" draw who got Melbourne (or indeed us) twice on account of them coming fifth (or sixth) in 2018. Complaining about who got the best draw right now is pretty much pointless.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney

Not quite sure how Hawthorn are going to be big improvers. Ditto St Kilda.

if anyone is going to rise significantly, I reckon it’ll be Melbourne and Carlton.

Round 1 is going to be critical.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
I think it's pronouced Prid-am

you sir, are a princess among women

EDIT: also only just realised it's No-Opps thread, my apologies

Last edited:
Rumor is Brodie Grundy is getting his 7 year deal
Grundy, 25, will earn in the vicinity of $1 million a year
Forward Jordan De Goey, defender Darcy Moore and skipper Scott Pendlebury all have expiring contracts at the end of the 2020 season.
The three of them will command salaries estimated to be between $700,000 and $1 million a year.

https://t.co/M5YzdsfqHP?amp=1 or bit.ly/2qLnPCE

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Rumor is Brodie Grundy is getting his 7 year deal
Grundy, 25, will earn in the vicinity of $1 million a year
Forward Jordan De Goey, defender Darcy Moore and skipper Scott Pendlebury all have expiring contracts at the end of the 2020 season.
The three of them will command salaries estimated to be between $700,000 and $1 million a year.

https://t.co/M5YzdsfqHP?amp=1 or bit.ly/2qLnPCE
Pendle‘s will probably take a pay cut, only to be ‘employed’ by a McGuire company after he retires on an exceedingly high wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back