List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread V2

I will preface this by saying I have no idea how clubs work out how many to have on the Senior list and how many on the Rookie list, but by my reckoning we have 35 on the Senior List and after the delisting of Tom McKenzie, 4 on the Rookie List. Obviously Zurhaar has to upgraded, making it 36 and 3. Surely that gives us 4 picks in the National draft or if we sign Walker as a DFA, 3 picks in that draft. That is 26, 27 and 47 and only 50 would be wasted unless we are able to do some pick swaps to convert 47 and 50 into something a little higher.

However wasting 50 is surely not such a problem if we think that having a reasonable DFA instead of pick 50, better suits our list requirements. Effectively pick 50 becomes a DFA selection. Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I will preface this by saying I have no idea how clubs work out how many to have on the Senior list and how many on the Rookie list, but by my reckoning we have 35 on the Senior List and after the delisting of Tom McKenzie, 4 on the Rookie List. Obviously Zurhaar has to upgraded, making it 36 and 3. Surely that gives us 4 picks in the National draft or if we sign Walker as a DFA, 3 picks in that draft. That is 26, 27 and 47 and only 50 would be wasted unless we are able to do some pick swaps to convert 47 and 50 into something a little higher.

However wasting 50 is surely not such a problem if we think that having a reasonable DFA instead of pick 50, better suits our list requirements. Effectively pick 50 becomes a DFA selection. Or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?
Have you counted Bonar in that?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bring in Walker, try McKay as a part time ruck in the vfl. Xerri perma forward.
Using Larkey/Durdin/Daw/McKay as a ruck chop out is better than playing 2 rucks imo. Gives us added flexibility with matchups etc. especially if all four are playing.

It'd also allow us to play Campbell instead of Goldstein which is a bonus.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Using Larkey/Durdin/Daw/McKay as a ruck chop out is better than playing 2 rucks imo. Gives us added flexibility with matchups etc. especially if all four are playing.

It's not even a luxury, it's a requirement. At least until we get our outside run issues sorted.

It'd also allow us to play Campbell instead of Goldstein which is a bonus.

:D

You, Mr north man and Mr Taswegian should all together and reacharound it out.

I mean, I like a bit of objectivity but you 3 have me wanting to take the nuggets out of the oven and go all Sylvia Plath after most of your posts.

I almost got bashed by a lesbian at a house party after cracking a joke about Sylvia Plath's death being a simple housework accident.

Rusty Buckets

Team Captain
Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You, Mr north man and Mr Taswegian should all together and reacharound it out.

I mean, I like a bit of objectivity but you 3 have me wanting to take the nuggets out of the oven and go all Sylvia Plath after most of your posts.
There's some fairly aggressive, spiteful and mean-spirited posts flying about and you choose to denigrate me.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I almost got bashed by a lesbian at a house party after cracking a joke about Sylvia Plath's death being a simple housework accident.

No point looking at me for help if I was there, as I would have been pissing myself laughing.

No point looking at me for help if I was there, as I would have been pissing myself laughing.

She eventually calmed down when other lesbians pointed out it was actually quite funny.

Hard pass on Bennell.

We've already got our share of continually injured players.

I reckon its a no before we even consider the off field hurdles he'd have to clear.

If we got Bennell on board, I’d be full of hope - just like I was with Hall. However, I agree with what your saying OF. Who knows, maybe Hall will come good next year, anyway. My sense is that both players have pretty similar upsides. Am I correct?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The big clubs don't get the Kelly/Coniglio/Cameron types either, so if I had to choose between getting top ten (well, 11 for Bonar) picks like Ahern and Bonar on the cheap or paying two first rounders for good but not top shelf types like Shiel, I know which I'd take.

Agree. However, I would have dearly loved to have gotten Kelly. All the other players we have shown interest in, I was fairly meh about - for various reasons. However, Josh Kelly was my natural Wells/Harvey replacement in the team.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t understand why she was so angry, was she upset about the cleaning products used?

did you warn her about the dangers of mixing bleach and ammonia when oven cleaning?

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The kind of misogyny I'd expect from you mate. Jokes hurt too.

images

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Agree. However, I would have dearly loved to have gotten Kelly. All the other players we have shown interest in, I was fairly meh about - for various reasons. However, Josh Kelly was my natural Wells/Harvey replacement in the team.

He could be the JWS replacement. Talented father-son who will never play a future game for us.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
We’ve been through this, you can’t assume a woman’s preference just because they declined your amorous approaches.

You're wrong, JLG famously only accepts party invitations if every woman there is a lesbian and even more famously only lights his cigarettes with copies of The Bell Jar.

Back