2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with Jackson is you’re not just picking him what he’s shown at any level. He’s pretty raw having only come over from basketball this year. If JT rates have at 3 he must really think there’s massive potential. I’d rather we hold out until 8 for Jackson.
yep, I feel like Jackson will be available at 8 whereas I cant see Young sliding that far.

Young still at 3 for me, Kemp/Stephens at 8 if available. Nice highlights of Stephens, looks similar to a player we once had.

This is one of the most nuts threads I've ever read.
People melting over who we have and haven't selected on a draft in the ******* future. Apparently off a 30s clip half of you know who the 3rd best player in the draft is and the rest of you have already written off another bloke because he played as ruck.
Fair melt this one..

Young at 3 and Kemp at 8 if he’s still there.

If Kemp is gone then we’d look at Jackson, Serong, or Ash.
So in our mock I picked you guys Young and Serong. Kemp was still on the board and it was a toss up between Serong and Kemp.
Whats your list need with the later pick? Originally I’d planned for a developing small forward but with Serong and potentially Bennell is there another obvious list gap?

So in our mock I picked you guys Young and Serong. Kemp was still on the board and it was a toss up between Serong and Kemp.
Whats your list need with the later pick? Originally I’d planned for a developing small forward but with Serong and potentially Bennell is there another obvious list gap?

In reality, we will probably use the pick to bring either of Kyle Dunkley or Jay Lockhart onto the main list (currently rookies).

If you’re going for a kid with a pick that late, I’d still like another fleet footed small pressure forward.

Serong will start his career as a small forward and eventually move further up the ground, but he’s more of a smart footballer, rather than a quick pressure forward.

It’s also unusual to find good quality KPPs that late in the draft - even though we could do with another swing-man on the list.

In reality, we will probably use the pick to bring either of Kyle Dunkley or Jay Lockhart onto the main list (currently rookies).

If you’re going for a kid with a pick that late, I’d still like another fleet footed small pressure forward.

Serong will start his career as a small forward and eventually move further up the ground, but he’s more of a smart footballer, rather than a quick pressure forward.

It’s also unusual to find good quality KPPs that late in the draft - even though we could do with another swing-man on the list.

Sure if we use pick 97 we go find some outback pressure forward type with great speed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure if we use pick 97 we go find some outback pressure forward type with great speed

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Are we the only team who hasn't located and drafted a Rioli? What are we paying Taylor for?? Surely if we'd replaced the Wagners, Dunkley and all those other spuds we resigned at season's end, with a family of Rioli's, we'd have won 5 flags by now!!

Are we the only team who hasn't located and drafted a Rioli? What are we paying Taylor for?? Surely if we'd replaced the Wagners, Dunkley and all those other spuds we resigned at season's end, with a family of Rioli's, we'd have won 5 flags by now!!
One of our greatest moments of the past decade.. and not a Rioli in sight. :)

Attachments

• AFL X.PNG
    AFL X.PNG
    683.1 KB · Views: 147
One of our greatest moments of the past decade.. and not a Rioli in sight. :)

Only a year and a half later and we've already lost three AFLX champions. No wonder we finished second bottom this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give me two random overweight Riolis from the Top End over the Wagners every day of the week and three times on Sunday.

The Wagners have more talent in their little fingers than the Riolis have in their entire bodies. Amazing players.

Mentioned it before but theres 1 coming down to Perth to play in the WAFL. Had interest from SANFL clubs as well. We should just go * it and draft him with whatever 97 ends up being if he nominates for the draft. Cant win a flag without a Rioli according to recent history🤣🤣

The more I read about Byron Pickett's nephew, the more I want him...
Yep looked at that mysrelf but we would need a pick before 28 [Adelaide] I would think. Definitely before Port [29]. Geelong ? 8 for 14/24?. Don't care about points, it is a top 10 pick, pay up. Cats.

The more I read about Byron Pickett's nephew, the more I want him...
Me too but I try to suppress those thoughts until we learn whether our personalities are compatible

Anyone who can kick straight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back