List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do something like this, it will come down to whether we think there's a gap between Young and the next batch of kids. I think if we keep 3, we'll bid on Green. Kid looks to be a gun.
It definitely comes down to how we rate someone like Young. There’s no way we get Green. Giants will match no matter what. Kinda feels like you could throw a blanket over the next 6 or so after the first couple.

The deal is 3+8 for 7+10 and Freo 2020 1st. Not sure I’m a fan of that deal tbh
yeah I totally misread that

I guess if Freo had a s**t season next year then it would be a good deal

I don’t like relying on other clubs to do poorly to get a good pick. I think it’s alright to back yourself in but you’re gambling significantly more on another club failing.
4 of them will, you just need to pick the right ones.

Pick 6 WILL be used to either trade up the draft order with Melbourne, or it will be traded out of this draft before a bid comes in for Green. If GWS haven't sorted something out with Melbourne then they're not just going to watch Pick 6 get chewed up with a bid. Several Clubs will be able to offer them multiple back end picks this year to cover the Green bid and enable them to keep a high Pick for next year.

EG, Crows could offer GWS our 2020 First (likely to be Top 6 Pick) with our 2019 back end picks 37,45,49 (equal points wise around P15) for their 2019 Pick 6 and 2020 First (should be P15-20) - Crows may want a little something back in the way of a 2020 3rd/4th

Means they will have enough points with discount this year to cover Green, and they still retain a high pick next year.

Other clubs will also be asking the question about Pick 6 if Melb don't come to the party.

Personally i don't think GWS have anything else to offer Melb aside from Pick 6 and their next years first. I don't think you'll do it considering your own list manager said if there's even a 5% risk in regards to trading down the order, then it just won't happen. I read that as if there's a 5% chance a player you like at Pick 3 isn't going to be there at Pick 6 then it doesn't happen.

Pick 6 WILL be used to either trade up the draft order with Melbourne, or it will be traded out of this draft before a bid comes in for Green. If GWS haven't sorted something out with Melbourne then they're not just going to watch Pick 6 get chewed up with a bid. Several Clubs will be able to offer them multiple back end picks this year to cover the Green bid and enable them to keep a high Pick for next year.

EG, Crows could offer GWS our 2020 First (likely to be Top 6 Pick) with our 2019 back end picks 37,45,49 (equal points wise around P15) for their 2019 Pick 6 and 2020 First (should be P15-20) - Crows may want a little something back in the way of a 2020 3rd/4th

Means they will have enough points with discount this year to cover Green, and they still retain a high pick next year.

Other clubs will also be asking the question about Pick 6 if Melb don't come to the party.

Personally i don't think GWS have anything else to offer Melb aside from Pick 6 and their next years first. I don't think you'll do it considering your own list manager said if there's even a 5% risk in regards to trading down the order, then it just won't happen. I read that as if there's a 5% chance a player you like at Pick 3 isn't going to be there at Pick 6 then it doesn't happen.
Yes there are a few clubs that are in the same position to offer multiple picks to them Brisbane, Essendon,Freemantle,Geelong,Gold Coast Hawks North,Port, all have the numbers to satisfy them. Phones would be running hot you would think. Hope we keep 3 and 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Regardless of Bennells performance its nice to see the recruiting staff change tack.

Its not the first drug-addled Harley from Fremantle we've thrown a lifeline to. Don't think we're averse as a club to dangling bait occasionally.

This one can actually play a bit

Balic looked like he could play a little too, to be fair. Clearly had other priorities though.

Its not the first drug-addled Harley from Fremantle we've thrown a lifeline to. Don't think we're averse as a club to dangling bait occasionally.
Seems like it was only a year ago people were frothing at the mouth to trade away blokes perceived to be injury prone drug users, now we can’t get enough of them

Seems like it was only a year ago people were frothing at the mouth to trade away blokes perceived to be injury prone drug users, now we can’t get enough of them

Less risk when you're paying them pennies.

Or maybe it was we wanted to trade out a lazy sooking campaigner who got munted all the time who doesnt give 2 *s about football. Or 1 of the best ball users who also couldnt be ****ed putting in any work cause he was too busy swimming in ****. Costing us near on $1.5m a year. Bennell costs us nothing and still wants to play after all the injuries. Not even close to being the same

Or maybe it was we wanted to trade out a lazy sooking campaigner who got munted all the time who doesnt give 2 fu**s about football. Or 1 of the best ball users who also couldnt be f’ed putting in any work cause he was too busy swimming in ****. Costing us near on $1.5m a year. Bennell costs us nothing and still wants to play after all the injuries. Not even close to being the same
Just pointing out people used to have a problem and now they don’t, injury prone drug users were bad now they aren’t

Feels very un-Melbourne like to be having a crack at these loose cannons and reforming bad boys.

That’s a good thing.
If we end up failing in 2020, lets do it in style for a change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back