Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

If only time trials actually made a difference to the player’s abilities.. we’d have had some champions over the last few years (Jordan Foote & Robbie Fox spring to mind.)
Its a good indication of a player's work ethic...for someone not normally known for their running power, its a huge effort by dawson

Its a good indication of a player's work ethic...for someone not normally known for their running power, its a huge effort by dawson

Yep agreed, wasn’t talking about Dawson though.

I was more referring to every year there’s guys who do well in these time trials and then you don’t hear another thing about them for the rest of the pre-season. Could easily see Knoll and Clarke fitting that bill.

Yep agreed, wasn’t talking about Dawson though.

I was more referring to every year there’s guys who do well in these time trials and then you don’t hear another thing about them for the rest of the pre-season. Could easily see Knoll and Clarke fitting that bill.

I think it's fair to be conservative on getting excited about Clarke. He's always been a great runner, so there's nothing new to go on here. It's his skill and decision-making which need work.

It's pretty impressive for Knoll to run such a good time trial though. I don't hold much hope that he'll be a long-term player for us, but good on him for showing up fit and ready to go.

For those who have ever done it. I mean the first day session back time trial. You will know.
The winner has done lots of endurance and a bit of sprint work in the break.

It either means Dawson wants to play mid ( imho he is a Dusty in the making) or
He simply is insecure and wants to make sure he gets a spot/with a headstart.

For me +positive always I think he was told (exit interview) to build the tank.
Could be the next superstar, SWAN!

For those who have ever done it. I mean the first day session back time trial. You will know.
The winner has done lots of endurance and a bit of sprint work in the break.

It either means Dawson wants to play mid ( imho he is a Dusty in the making) or
He simply is insecure and wants to make sure he gets a spot/with a headstart.

For me +positive always I think he was told (exit interview) to build the tank.
Could be the next superstar, SWAN!
I think your right. My first thought this morning when I saw he won the time trial was, is he trying to push into the midfield?

I think your right. My first thought this morning when I saw he won the time trial was, is he trying to push into the midfield?

He may just be a very driven individual. I imagine his early years where he himself admitted he wasn't in the best condition physically have probably shaped how he trains and thinks about his career now. Probably takes it a lot more seriously than the average 22 year old because of those hard lessons. Great to see.

I'm personally hoping that Blakey & Rowbottom have big pre-seasons. I know they're only now going into their second year so you can't expect too much from them, but I confess, I'm expecting things from them, if that makes sense? They're both just such pure footballers and their only adversity seemed to be their own bodies last year (ie Blakey playing full forward at times despite looking like he'll break in half, Rowbottom not yet having the build/fitness to play big midfield minutes). Can't wait to see what they can produce with another year of hard work under their belts. Those two along with Hayward are the three I'm most hoping have big pre-seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so, but I DO NOT KNOW (re:insider stuff n that)

Could be next a few years a Bont (very tall), BUT different with a BETTER kick!

Why don't they value someone with a bullet low 40 -50 m pass (Lol! even 35m lace out would be excellent)

We have him GO DAWSON! Go!!!!
He wss the surprise of 2019, and he obviously intends to build on it. Good (Bloods) lad!

I think so, but I DO NOT KNOW (re:insider stuff n that)

Could be next a few years a Bont (very tall), BUT different with a BETTER kick!

Why don't they value someone with a bullet low 40 -50 m pass (Lol! even 35m lace out would be excellent)

We have him GO DAWSON! Go!!!!
He wss the surprise of 2019, and he obviously intends to build on it. Good (Bloods) lad!
Yep.. Charge on Dawson
I reckon the only people he surprised were those that didn't see him throughout his first two years - He was injured for most of them. The coaches knew what he could do.
His game in the NEAFL before he was picked in the seniors mid 2018 netted something like 28 disposals, 3 goals, 25 tackles. Yep 25!!

and, maybe for another thread... Very happy not chasing the elite mid / ruck.. paying over a mil/year. Would rather watch this crew develop first

Remove this Banner Ad

Back