List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Alright because i don't know the dates and rule and am a simpleton. If he's running with us after the draft does that mean we can't contract him until 2021?

Feels very un-Melbourne like to be having a crack at these loose cannons and reforming bad boys.

That’s a good thing.

We've entered our Teenage girl phase. "Maybe I can change him"

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Tho admittedly not looking very hard, I can't seem to find the answer ... Is Bennell still available in the draft? Tho it's still pretty unlikely, but is a Sydney or a Geelong able to cut our lunch here and draft him before he starts training with us?

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tho admittedly not looking very hard, I can't seem to find the answer ... Is Bennell still available in the draft? Tho it's still pretty unlikely, but is a Sydney or a Geelong able to cut our lunch here and draft him before he starts training with us?
No, he will be ours as long as he does not train with another team before December 1st I believe. He can train with us from the 3rd and we pay him with the option to buy. I believe that is how it goes, Not sure on Murray though, he cannot join a club until February I think.

Last edited:

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Coach: Richardson
B:
HB: Young Murray
C: Langdon Tomlinson
HF: Martin
F: Bennell
R: Jackson

I/C: Pick 97

Who am I missing

Nice. Lots more pace, run and carry and x factor.

Fleshing it out it looks like:

B: Salem May Hibberd
HB: Young Lever Murray
C: Langdon Oliver Serong
HF: Martin TMac Bennell
F: Petracca Weid Melksham
R: Gawn Brayshaw Viney
I: Tomlinson Jones Harmes Fritsch
E: Jetta Hore Petty

Not bad. Weid still sticks out like dog’s knackers as a woefully inadequate key forward option. Biggest weakness in the side.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
No, he will be ours as long as he does not train with another team before December 1st I believe. He can train with us from the 3rd and we pay him with the option to buy. I believe that is how it goes, Not sure on Murray though, he cannot join a club until February I think.
Ah cheers

Murray can't play until Feb 17 (which is meaningless given there aren't any games on anyway) but he can train from Nov 17, so he could start at the same time Bennell.

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne

Not bad. Weid still sticks out like dog’s knackers as a woefully inadequate key forward option. Biggest weakness in the side.
Serong got drafted by Sydney. ;)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Weid is easily at the top of our greatest talents.

Or maybe it was we wanted to trade out a lazy sooking campaigner who got munted all the time who doesnt give 2 fu**s about football. Or 1 of the best ball users who also couldnt be f’ed putting in any work cause he was too busy swimming in ****. Costing us near on $1.5m a year. Bennell costs us nothing and still wants to play after all the injuries. Not even close to being the same

who were we spending $1.5m on?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Youd be a ******* fraud if you couldnt put 2 n 2 together good job Count.

Maybe he'd have to relinquish his abacus. And probably his Mod* status.

* Has that ever been done before? If not probably, dare I say it, unprecedented.

Maybe he'd have to relinquish his abacus. And probably his Mod* status.

* Has that ever been done before? If not probably, dare I say it, unprecedented.
No comment

booshboy

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

no way Jetta misses out on a spot for Murray

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Just pointing out people used to have a problem and now they don’t, injury prone drug users were bad now they aren’t

Nah mate try again. The difference between the bloke you still have 37 posters on the wall as a homage to and Bennell is one of them wants to be at Melbourne and the other doesn't.

Youd be a ******* fraud if you couldnt put 2 n 2 together good job Count.
but we were never paying those 2 a combined $1.5m.

That was my point, im not sure why people throw bullshit figures around

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Even though we should, we're not getting Martin. Serong will be gone by our 8th pick. I'd say Weightman, Jackson and Kemp will be the 3 we're looking at. I think 2 at least will be available..

But yeah, Weid has been a huge disappointment so far. Look, we might be foxing in regards to stating we're into Jackson for the draft, but I genuinely believe we're looking at him because we really aren't sure whether Weid will develop into anything decent. He simply has to lift this season. Petty nearly showed more in half a dozen games.

Back