Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darkest Hour (2017)

With Germany looking unstoppable, pressure built on Churchill to consider negotiating peace terms with Hitler via Mussolini.

Gary Oldman was yeah, awesome as Churchill, deserved the Oscar. Lily James is as gorgeous as ever.

Worth watching if u like the genre. Is now on Netflix.

Downsizing.
I enjoyed the first part. The concept was intriguing. However after the downsizing happens the movie dissolves into nothing and you can't even really tell that they're in a downsized world. Could have been so much more. Disappointing.

Good Boys (2019)

We really enjoyed this movie and the laughs often came from the boys naivety and lack of real life experience. But there's some funny scenes and for those of us well past the age of 12, a reminder of days when we were innocent and finding out about life through our mistakes and muck ups. I see a sequel coming with these three when they're seniors in high school. 7/10

A Current War
(2017)

Who's going to win the war of electricty, Thomas Edison with his DC system, or George Westinghouse with his AC system. You just need to turn a light on in your home to know that result. This film has a good cast including Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Holland, and Michael Shannon. Despite the filmmakers investing so much time in unnecessary and ultimately boring biopic exposition, the whole is in fact an interesting and informative history lesson. From that point alone I stuck with it and wasn't disappointed. The acting though at times is like one of those documentaries where they have recreated scenes, in fact, the movie would've been better done like that. 4/10

Good Boys - 6/10

Some decent chuckles. Worth the watch.

The King - 7.5/10

Despite the slight impression of a miscast perhaps more physically. Chalamet brings an incredibly nuanced performance as King Henry. In terms of the film overall it's good.. but not amazing. Doesn't seem to leave a lasting impression. Which I felt the same way with last year's Outlaw King.

The highlight of this film are the dialogue interactions, especially the last half hour.

But I hope Netflix continue to produce quality Medieval films.

Last edited:
Downsizing.
I enjoyed the first part. The concept was intriguing. However after the downsizing happens the movie dissolves into nothing and you can't even really tell that they're in a downsized world. Could have been so much more. Disappointing.
I watched this a few months back now but that's exactly how I felt about it too. Great idea that went nowhere.

Chronicles of Riddick- it’s a shame this is tied to the Riddick/Vin Diesel character so much as the world building is really good. The cast has turned out to be a ripper too, Karl Urban, Linus Roach, Thandie Newton before they’ed made it big.

Call Me By Your Name - Didn't really resonate with me and couldn't empathise with the characters. So overall it was okay.

The Farewell - Didn't quite like it as I expected to. Was still good nonetheless.

Dracula Untold - Enjoyed the tone and dug the costume designs, Luke Evans was great as Dracula. It's a shame there won't be a sequel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The King was great, easily the best Netflix film I've seen to date. Felt the entire look of the film was authentic, paced nicely. Another winner for Michod after Animal Kingdom and The Rover, and like Kurzel's Macbeth a Shakespearean adaptation well worth seeing. Australians seem to have a nicely twisted knack for war-friendly Shakespeare of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back