Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond were a better side than Geelong in the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 2010s, but apparently it's Richmond not Geelong who have been irrelevant for a number of decades

I was never comparing your mob to Geelong. I merely pointed out it is Hawthorn I worry about more as they are more successful than Richmond and don't go missing for 20, 30 years like Richmond have in the past.

You're kidding yourself if you think they'll go into obscurity any time soon. Tigers will be the first club to 20 flags and it won't be by requesting VFA premierships to be counted.
Geelong are an embarrassment of a club

I do think you will go into obscurity soon.
I'm talking in the next 2-3 years.
I think your best players are Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Houli, Grimes and they are all 28 and over and won't be replaced. There is no line breaking defender who uses the ball like Houli in your side. And your style of play is simply not made for longevity. It's extremely taxing.
This is why I can see Richmond falling away (along with Geelong) and will struggle to even make the finals in a few years time.

Richmond own Geelong in finals but I know Richmond will soon fall away and be irrelevant for a number of decades as it's what they have always done.

This only tends to happen after Richmond win 5 premierships. Still a few more years to go before that happens

This only tends to happen after Richmond win 5 premierships. Still a few more years to go before that happens

I think your playing list won't have the ultimate hunger or desire like a number of other clubs out there so I can't see you winning it again for a very long time but at least you snagged a couple during this relatively weak time.

I think your playing list won't have the ultimate hunger or desire like a number of other clubs out there so I can't see you winning it again for a very long time but at least you snagged a couple during this relatively weak time.

Your previous thoughts in this thread have been proven wrong, yet you double and triple down on those mistakes.

You should be a politician.

I was never comparing your mob to Geelong. I merely pointed out it is Hawthorn I worry about more as they are more successful than Richmond and don't go missing for 20, 30 years like Richmond have in the past.

Yes they do. 1925-1960. 36 seasons. Richmond's longest drought was 37 years. Hawthorn 13 premierships, Richmond 12. Not a lot of difference.

It's very easy for footy fans to think recent history is all history, but it isn't. Who would have picked in 1995 that Carlton were about to go on the longest premiership drought in their history? It's now 24 years and counting. Essendon's longest is 19 years, and they've just drawn level with that. Both those clubs are more successful than Hawthorn, but that isn't helping them now.

Nothing's guaranteed, and the particular logic that says a side will stay down because they have always (or recently) been poor ignores pretty much all history. And is proven wrong relentlessly. Recently smashed by Sydney in 2005, Geelong in 2007, Dogs in 2016, and Richmond in 2017. Richmond actually had the smallest drought of the four.

Your previous thoughts in this thread have been proven wrong

So let me get this straight.

You want me to voice an opinion along the lines of . . . . Richmond won't fall away anytime soon. They will win 5 or more premierships before they do. Richmond do not spend 20-30 years in obscurity as their history suggests (not according to historical fact).
Richmond have always been a superior footy club to Geelong, except for 3 decades during the past 120 years.

Is that what you want to hear?

So, except for the decades Richmond haven't won flags, they've won flags in every decade?

fu** me that's impressive, is this the case for all teams?
The Tigers won flags in the 20s 30s 40s 60s 70s and 80s
I'm not sure about Geelong because apart from 5 years between 07 and 11 they've been irrelevant... how many years was it between flags before 2007? 50? No wonder your club's trying to get VFA flags counted...

I think your best players are Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Houli, Grimes and they are all 28 and over and won't be replaced. There is no line breaking defender who uses the ball like Houli in your side. And your style of play is simply not made for longevity. It's extremely taxing.
This is why I can see Richmond falling away (along with Geelong) and will struggle to even make the finals in a few years time.
You can add Edward's to that list... but the club has already shown that they can play without them... the success of the VFL team is evidence that there's plenty of depth and whilst all the players you mentioned are generational players there's some pretty good ones coming through to replace them. Stack, Coleman Jones, Eggmolesse Smith, Naish, Graham, Ross, Balta, Chol, Collier Dawkins.... + 2 to 3 years of draft picks including Maurice Rioli Jr...

Richmond recruitment and development is now second-to-none and they're a destination who play in front of a big crowds at the MCG. The club has never been run better and the talk from inside is that there's plenty of unfinished business yet...

Dusty, Grimes, Lambert and Pickett witt be 28 by the time the season starts.
Lynch, Caddy, Prestia and Broad 27

26 and under is very, very healthy. Dont forget the success of tge reserves, 3 consecutive finals, 1 GF loss, 1 prelim loss, and 1 Premiership this year.

Fading away is in your head, just like your brain cells ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You hope they won’t have the ultimate hunger or desire is more accurate. They’ve won 12 on the trot and won the flag by 89 points. No indication of a lack of hunger at this point.

You hope they won’t have the ultimate hunger or desire is more accurate. They’ve won 12 on the trot and won the flag by 89 points. No indication of a lack of hunger at this point.
Prestia said on the ch9 Sunday footy show 3/4 of the way into this year, the coaching staff and players learnt a hell of a lot in 2018 on how "not' to approach and prepare for the reigning premier year.
With a VFL side all capable of stepping up, spots will be hotly contested next year. Complacency will be the least of the teams worries.

Richmond won 1 flag to Geelong 0 in the 80s and 2 flags to Geelongs 1 in the 2010s, by every measure Richmond were a more successful club in both decades
get ya hand off it. Richmond were a joke in the 80s.
2010s geelong had more wins, finals by a long margin. flags arent everything

Tigers are a s**t club. laughing stock for 35 years. and you own the afl and live at the g. worst club in australia.

geelong played richmond 12 times in the 2010s

Cats won 9 of em. yet you think richmond were better. laughable. Dont care about ya new found flags at home against weak interstate teams with all afl corrupt support YOU SUK. TIGER ARE CRAP always have been always will be.

Last edited:

Tigers are a s**t club. laughing stock for 35 years. and you own the afl and live at the g. worst club in australia.

Cats won 9 of em. yet you think richmond were better. laughable. Dont care about ya new found flags at home against weak interstate teams with all afl corrupt support YOU SUK. TIGER ARE CRAP always have been always will be.
Yes of course the worst barely surviving team with only 1 flag 50 odd years ago and almost 30 wooden spoons would say that. A pathetic club that should quite honestly fold. A disgrace. A rabble. A joke.

T

Log off and don't come back, save yourself the embarrassment.

Flags are everything.

And Danger, easily.

Tigers are cats too.

awww dude

A St Kilda supporter, trying to call any other team crap what a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back