News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have some really good mates that I've traveled with. Never felt the urge to work with them though.
Some how don’t think it’s quite comparable to playing footy together, bit of a different bond don’t you think than sitting across from someone in an office.

Plus having Rozee talk up the club wouldn’t hurt

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Some how don’t think it’s quite comparable to playing footy together, bit of a different bond don’t you think than sitting across from someone in an office.

Plus having Rozee talk up the club wouldn’t hurt
I think you're reading way too much into it personally.

What's more likely is the Suns offer him 5-600K to stay.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think you're reading way too much into it personally.

What's more likely is the Suns offer him 5-600K to stay.
Hardly.

My post was the friendship pull might be a real threat, that’s of course if he decides to come home.

Having your mate in your ear talking up your club, the club your blitzing at, can’t hurt. I never said it was a lock.

But comparing playing footy together and trying to win a flag together to normal work places is just silly.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Hardly.

My post was the friendship pull might be a real threat, that’s of course if he decides to come home.

Having your mate in your ear talking up your club, the club your blitzing at, can’t hurt. I never said it was a lock.

But comparing playing footy together and trying to win a flag together to normal work places is just silly.
I think you have a very romantic notion of footy. They very much look at it as a job these days. A lot of them don't even enjoy it, let alone 'trying to win a flag with my mates'.

That might come into it when your team finally gets up near the pointy end, but all of port, crows and gold coast are miles away from there.

He'll go wherever gives him the best offer.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think you have a very romantic notion of footy. They very much look at it as a job these days. A lot of them don't even enjoy it, let alone 'trying to win a flag with my mates'.

That might come into it when your team finally gets up near the pointy end, but all of port, crows and gold coast are miles away from there.

He'll go wherever gives him the best offer.
They aren’t even 20, you’re looking at the next few years and judging their chances of success when they’ve got 10 years plus careers ahead of them.

If both offers are similar?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Hardly.

Is it though ??

He's good mates with Andrew McPherson too, I'm sure neither SA club is a particularly attractive destination currently.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is it though ??

He's good mates with Andrew McPherson too, I'm sure neither SA club is a particularly attractive destination currently.
Yeah it is. As the McPherson comparison, if he doesn’t get his body right he’ll be lucky to be on the list in a couple of years.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
How much like?
Smithers and Polec are good mates. I believe only he and Petrenko were the only footballers at Polec's wedding.

When Polec was strutting around pretending to decide between us and Port, Smithers being his mate had little bearing on where he would play.

Port put the better package to him and we dodged a bullet.

In the modern game the romance of playing with a mate is secondary to the deal a club presents to a player, or more importantly a player's manager.

Rozee being mates with Luko is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Yeah it is. As the McPherson comparison, if he doesn’t get his body right he’ll be lucky to be on the list in a couple of years.
See I don't think it is, you always have mates around. You don't always play footy with them nor need to.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
When he requests his trade end of next year, it’s going to be high profile - another high pick walking out of GC. He’s not going to be making himself out to be a brat anymore than he has to.

He’ll ask for a trade home to Adelaide only and will leave it to the clubs to agree the best deal for GC.

It will be down to us to get that over the line

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
When he requests his trade end of next year, it’s going to be high profile - another high pick walking out of GC. He’s not going to be making himself out to be a brat anymore than he has to.

He’ll ask for a trade home to Adelaide only and will leave it to the clubs to agree the best deal for GC.

It will be down to us to get that over the line
And given how we've desperately wanted him for 4 years I'm not sure we will let it slip.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Smithers and Polec are good mates. I believe only he and Petrenko were the only footballers at Polec's wedding.

When Polec was strutting around pretending to decide between us and Port, Smithers being his mate had little bearing on where he would play.

Port put the better package to him and we dodged a bullet.

In the modern game the romance of playing with a mate is secondary to the deal a club presents to a player, or more importantly a player's manager.

Rozee being mates with Luko is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Of course being mates with someone isn’t going to be the primary consideration and I’ve never suggested it would be.

The deal and the club would be paramount, but if it’s pretty similar, you don’t think having your best mate in your ear telling you how good it is at the club and how good it would be sharing their football careers would have any impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back