Training 2020 Preseason

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This time last year, preseason training had kicked off for the younger players. I'm assuming that we are not far off starting.
Seen the likes of Rich ^ Gardiner also complete a triathlon over the weekend so no doubt they are gearing up.

I'll try and go along to a few training session for photos and summaries if they are late in the afternoon.

I haven't seen any media on the official dates for pre-season as of yet

This time last year, preseason training had kicked off for the younger players. I'm assuming that we are not far off starting.
Seen the likes of Rich ^ Gardiner also complete a triathlon over the weekend so no doubt they are gearing up.

I'll try and go along to a few training session for photos and summaries if they are late in the afternoon.

I haven't seen any media on the official dates for pre-season as of yet

I imagine playing finals would change their training schedules a little bit, although have seen plenty of the guys already stuck in. Bring on 2020!

I noticed a couple of new sponsor logos on the latest email from the Club?

XL Express, Coca Cola and Classic as the new apparel sponsor as previously mentioned.
The other 2, I think are new? I haven’t seen Coke there before?
And XL Express appears to be marked there as a Co-Major Sponsor?

F256554E-4E03-4DD0-BD56-0399154726A5.jpeg

Last edited:

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Any idea on which of the boys have gotten started on the early preseason? I think I saw hippy and O-Mac mentioned on here before but I'm not sure if I imagined it

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's impossible to tell but I think I saw matho, Darcy, lach, zorks, and maybe witho. Though I don't even know if they're in the country...

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Linc closest to camera?

That'd be great if it's him. Reckon he ran out of puff in the second half of the year after playing a full h&a for the first time, with another preseason under his belt we should be getting a full year of premium, start-of-2019-season grade linc.

Unrelated, but does anyone else feel like a cold war intelligence agent peering at these pics and trying to figure out who's there?

Last edited:

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
That'd be great if it's him. Reckon he ran out of puff in the second half of the year after playing a full h&a for the first time, with another preseason under his belt we should be getting a full year of premium, start-of-2019-season grade linc.

Unrelated, but does anyone else feel like a cold war intelligence agent peering at these pics and trying to figure out who's there?
Agree with you on Linc running out of steam, I also think the Big O had a down 2nd half of the season, similar to Linc just not used to the rigors of a full season.

It's impossible to tell but I think I saw matho, Darcy, lach, zorks, and maybe witho. Though I don't even know if they're in the country...
It's definetly Coorparoo

Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Blazers/Heat, ORST beavers

Agree, if we can get ~15 games out of him at the standard of his game against GWS that would incredible.

Its so much better than the north side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm yet to be convinced anywhere outside the Indooroopilly-Fortitude Valley-Gabba triangle can be considered Brisbane.

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That is definitely Cooparoo, the second oval where they do their running and sprints away from the main oval where they do the ball skills and match simulations. I actually had a stack on the pathway behind them years ago learning to rollerblade and split my head open, I kinda won't forget that path.Gees I wish we had more to talk about than a fuzzy photo.

Back