Movie Terminator Dark Fate

Remove this Banner Ad

Gina Carano is fantastic in... you know I can't remember what it was called, but it has Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor, Antonia Banderas in it... it's a real low key action movie with very well done fights. Filmed in the same style as Magic Mike. She held her own alongside much bigger names.

EDIT: Haywire.

Ronda Rousey was also becoming a thing in movies too but I don't think she's right in the head anymore and has completely disappeared from the public.

Good point, I just don't think Box Office is a reasonable argument given the huge differences of role.

In a decade will more people be talking about Keanu/John Wick or Larson/Captain Marvel?
Fair enough.

Honestly don't know.

Personally I love John Wick and preferred those movies to what we have seen with Captain Marvel so far. But that's my personal taste.

Once again, you think Captain Marvel made that money on the strength of Brie Larsen do you?

If anything it made that money in spite of her, and that is a testament to the box office juggernaut that is the MCU.

Box office aside, Larsen bombed in the movie - that’s why her scenes were hacked out of Endgame, and that’s why she has suddenly been cast aside from phase 4, after being hyped up as the future of the MCU in the lead up to the release of Captain Marvel.

Keanu has been in this game since the mid 80s and is still dominating.

Where will poor Brie be in thirty years from now? Already looks physically like she has hit ‘the wall’ if you ask me.
Struggling you are.

Fair enough.

Honestly don't know.

Personally I love John Wick and preferred those movies to what we have seen with Captain Marvel so far. But that's my personal taste.

It's a rhetorical question, only time will tell, but I think it is naive to suggest that Brie Larson will have a better career as an action lady than Keanu as an action man because one of her movies made more than one of his very different movies.

Gina Carano is fantastic in... you know I can't remember what it was called, but it has Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor, Antonia Banderas in it... it's a real loq key action movie with very well done fights.

EDIT: Haywire.

Yes Gina is probably as close as you will ever get to a female action ‘lead’...and even then, like I said, her ‘lead’ movies would be just straight to steaming service jobs etc. Will continue to play support roles in the big movies (Fast and Furious etc) though.

As I’ve said, male action stars draw more audiences for the same reason that male athletes do.

Yes Gina is probably as close as you will ever get to a female action ‘lead’...and even then, like I said, her ‘lead’ movies would be just straight to steaming service jobs etc. Will continue to play support roles in the big movies (Fast and Furious etc) though.

As I’ve said, male action stars draw more audiences for the same reason that male athletes do.

Movie companies need to look outside the box rather than just put established actresses in a supersuit and then have them do some CGI fighting. There won't be a genuine female action star of this era as nobody is seriously backing them in.

Movie companies need to look outside the box rather than just put established actresses in a supersuit and then have them do some CGI fighting. There won't be a genuine female action star of this era as nobody is seriously backing them in.

Well it’s like I said, who do you think most people would prefer to see fight and kill people on the big screen....a man or a women? Which one is more believable? Are audiences more likely to go see Predator if it has Arnie or Gina Carano?

These are realities.

Well it’s like I said, who do you think most people would prefer to see fight and kill people on the big screen....a man or a women? Which one is more believable? Are audiences more likely to go see Predator if it has Arnie or Gina Carano?

These are realities.

I'll tell you another reality.

They are more likely to see it if it's Gina Carano than Brie Larson or Jennifer Lawrence.

If you need someone to act in action, get an action actor. You wouldn't cast Chuck Norris and send him to drama school to prepare for a role.

There's no reason a female action actor couldn't do as well, particularly in a supernatural setting which would eliminate the physical differences between men and women, or shooting genres.

Uma Thurman was pretty good in Kill Bill.

It's a rhetorical question, only time will tell, but I think it is naive to suggest that Brie Larson will have a better career as an action lady than Keanu as an action man because one of her movies made more than one of his very different movies.
I didn't even suggest that. I just took their most recent big action films and compared the two, given the previous poster was doing that. I highly doubt Brie would even want to appear in as many action films as Keanu has done, and no one is suggesting that she will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet their last staring movies say otherwise.

You were the one who brought it up.

Once again another movie thread that should be discussing the so so writing has been turned into little boys whinging about women getting prominent roles.

Amazing how triggering Brie Larson seems to be. I’m completely lost in this thread. It’s been fascinating to watch how many men she’s riled up this year. At this rate, this thread will soon turn on Greta Thunberg.

I don’t even know how the conversation went on this tangent as I was just looking to converse about Terminator in this Terminator thread.

I was just looking to converse about Terminator in this Terminator thread.
What's there to say? It's a s**t generic action movie. A s**t Terminator movie. And underlined with Feminist agendas.

There's absolutely nothing redeeming about this entry into the Terminator franchise. It doesn't inspire more sequels of it. It doesn't make T/T2 better. It wasn't necessary.

The only good thing about it, as has been stated by me and my favorite YTers....Grace was enjoyable, and the opening car chase scene that leads to the bridge battle was nice. Everything before that, after that, and around that, was rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back