Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell Me Who I Am (2019)

It's a Netflix documentary about two twin brothers trying to understand their shared childhood after one of them has an accident at 18 years old and emerges from a coma without any memories of his life at all. It's hard to talk about it without giving too much away, but it's an incredible story and quite moving as well. What's interesting is the main conflict between the brothers is really easy to relate to both sides, so you just feel for both of them when they explain their motivations. Really worth watching. 8/10
Have you seen Three Identical Strangers?

Have you seen Three Identical Strangers?
I have now, thanks to someone else in this thread (???) recommending it after I posted about Tell Me Who I Am. It was another great story about on some similar themes, but this time the darkness comes from outside the family instead. I don't think I was quite as emotionally invested in this one, but I came out of it a lot angrier. While I know the potential benefit of doing such a study, the ethics of it means it should never have been approved. The history of psychology is basically the wild West. But at least some of the other questionable research actually revealed some interesting insights about human nature. This one has been buried. All that pain and heartache for literally nothing.

Also, what a weirdo that research assistant was. Her first descriptor of the head researcher was "sexy" and she smirked like a psychopath throughout her interviews. Very, very strange.

I have now, thanks to someone else in this thread (???) recommending it after I posted about Tell Me Who I Am. It was another great story about on some similar themes, but this time the darkness comes from outside the family instead. I don't think I was quite as emotionally invested in this one, but I came out of it a lot angrier. While I know the potential benefit of doing such a study, the ethics of it means it should never have been approved. The history of psychology is basically the wild West. But at least some of the other questionable research actually revealed some interesting insights about human nature. This one has been buried. All that pain and heartache for literally nothing.

Also, what a weirdo that research assistant was. Her first descriptor of the head researcher was "sexy" and she smirked like a psychopath throughout her interviews. Very, very strange.
The one living on the beach in San Diego? With photos of her and Obama, etc? Yeah she was weird.

It does leave you feeling a bit empty, particularly when you know the fate of one of the brothers.

A huge question mark over another "nature versus nurture" experiment.

Some interesting recommendations.

Tell Me Who I Am.
Three Identical Strangers.
The Game Changers.

The Peanut Butter Falcon. Loved this movie.

Some of the scenes in the movie were filmed in and around Geelong and Melbourne. The plane crash scene/s were filmed on the Geelong Ring Road. Melbourne Museum, Collins Street etc were also filming locations.
Thought it was the Calder Freeway outside Macedon/Woodend?

The service station in the movie was converted with American signs on Black Forest Drive, Macedon.

Thought it was the Calder Freeway outside Macedon/Woodend?

The service station in the movie was converted with American signs on Black Forest Drive, Macedon.

Nope. The plane crash scene was on the Geelong Ring Road. It actually interrupted my school bus route whilst they were filming.

If you look closely in the background, you can breifly see the Shell Refinery stack in the distance.

Screenshot_20191105-195601_Chrome.jpg

Nope. The plane crash scene was on the Geelong Ring Road. It actually interrupted my school bus route whilst they were filming.

If you look closely in the background, you can breifly see the Shell Refinery stack in the distance.

View attachment 774991

What was the first? Ghostrider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile on Netflix last night, highly recommended. Does an excellent job of portraying Ted Bundy while being respectful of the victims and acknowledging the work done by detectives.

Unfriended: Dark Web (Netflix)

I liked it. It won't win any awards or anything but I liked how (ending spoiler)
the bad guys win without a whimper from the goodies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got around to seeing Joker. Absolutely brilliant. Joaquin's performance was amazing. Brilliant acting. Deep, dark, gritty and really does shine a light on mental health and the perceptions of others towards rhose who suffer.

Slow, methodical buildup, but was intense in that you were just waiting for the payoff. Really enjoyed it. 8.5/10.

Well for starters... did any of it auctully happen or did he make the whole thing up in his head?

Well, I think given at the end you saw the origins of Bruce Wayne as a kid and the shooting of his parents that ties into the Batman origin story, fair to say it happened.

The new terminator movie. I enjoyed it. Found myself very relaxed whilst watching, just enjoyable and the scenes for mine were fun to watch even though there was quite some foreshadowing. Good thing is that the best parts werent showed in the trailer, or that the trailer showed parts that didnt give it all away

Official Secrets - 7/10

Solid movie based on the true story of a British whistleblower played by Keira Knightley, who leaks information to The Observer that the US Govt want British Intelligence to blackmail UN officials into voting for the invasion of Iraq.

There are a couple of more political type drama's coming out this year, The Report and Dark Waters that I look forward to as well.

Some interesting recommendations.

Tell Me Who I Am.
Three Identical Strangers.
The Game Changers.
I'm watching more documovies like these in recent times, just because I find a lot of the crap that gets churned out by the Hollywood sausage factory to be completely underwhelming.

The local has been playing some classics lately, seen The Shining and All the presidents men both fantastic I think The Shining gets better with each viewing. Also saw the Maltese Falcon which I didn’t mind, Bogart had some presence and a rascal side to him that I think would have been different to what was happening at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back