EPL Matchday 12

Remove this Banner Ad

3-0 flogging of man $$$$$$$hitty like last year's champions league first leg at Anfield will do. Anything to shut up that bald pricks mouth

no laporte, no sane, no rodri, no silva, no zinchenko at a ground where we are historically the drizzling shits. i dont exactly see a scenario where we win unless liverpool s**t the bed massively.

Zinchenko and Sane arent first XI material. Silva is on the way out, youve got massive attacking depth to draw on even with Sane not available. Lovren playing is a much bigger bonus for City. Can see this ending in a stalemate which will suit Leicester/ Chelsea.

No chance I’m subscribing, but he raises an interesting question reflecting comments I’ve heard from a few pundits recently.

Are we now back to a point where saying Brendan Rodgers is an excellent manager is no longer a controversial opinion?

Particularly interested to hear from those who thought he was a ‘fraud’ (*shudder*) who rode on Suarez’s coat tails during his time at Liverpool. Has your opinion of him changed recently?

The form resurgence at Leicester is now more than a blip and reflects sustained improvement imo, building on his track record which includes:
  • Taking Swansea from mid-table Championship to mid-table PL in 2 seasons playing proactive, attractive football.
  • Taking Liverpool from 7th to 2nd, subsequently lost a few key players to transfers/injury and in partnership with the transfer committee did a poor job of replacing them.
  • Back to back Scottish trebles with Celtic (albeit they’ve won the last 8 Scottish league titles).

No chance I’m subscribing, but he raises an interesting question reflecting comments I’ve heard from a few pundits recently.

Are we now back to a point where saying Brendan Rodgers is an excellent manager is no longer a controversial opinion?

Particularly interested to hear from those who thought he was a ‘fraud’ (*shudder*) who rode on Suarez’s coat tails during his time at Liverpool. Has your opinion of him changed recently?

The form resurgence at Leicester is now more than a blip and reflects sustained improvement imo, building on his track record which includes:
  • Taking Swansea from mid-table Championship to mid-table PL in 2 seasons playing proactive, attractive football.
  • Taking Liverpool from 7th to 2nd, subsequently lost a few key players to transfers/injury and in partnership with the transfer committee did a poor job of replacing them.
  • Back to back Scottish trebles with Celtic (albeit they’ve won the last 8 Scottish league titles).

I assume people (I wasn’t one of them) said he was a fraud and rode off the back of Suarez because the following season after Suarez left, Liverpool went back down to 6th, and there were no improvements at the start of the following season to that so he was sacked. I don’t think that’s particularly unreasonable assessment, although probably a tad premature - he was always going g to get another chance in the Prem even without the success at Celtic.
The jury is still out for me on wether he’s a really top, top tier manager but he’s certainly heading in that direction at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His record speaks for itself, he is a fantastic manager.

On Celtic, yes it's probably the easiest gig he's had but it included an unbeaten season which ran to a record 69 consecutive games without a loss in the league. You only have to look at the season's before and after he left to realise that's an unbelievable acheivement, even for a club like Celtic.

I think it's just easy to take the piss out of him coz of some of the things he's said. Seriously I thought he done really well at Liverpool and he was just caught off guard after Suarez left and Sturridge got injured. The duds he got in didn't help him too. Sterling's head was turned by then. avg mid. s**t defence. It was ballsy of him really, he came in talking about a apossession style game plan and the first six months we showed major improvement and our results were only lacking coz we had Suarez on his own as a striker (June 12 to Jan 13) then he changed the style to a blitzing counter attacking style once Sturridge was there and for 18 months it worked and almost got us a title if it wasn't for slippy g (karma) and the oil machine from arabia.

He's shown he's got quality. Did it at Swansea. Did it at Liverpool for 2 years. Doing it now at Leicester. We'll see where they end up end of season.

no laporte, no sane, no rodri, no silva, no zinchenko at a ground where we are historically the drizzling shits. i dont exactly see a scenario where we win unless liverpool s**t the bed massively.
Yeah i guess you will have to play those other rubbish players you have like Aguero, Bernado Silva, Mahrez, Sterling, Fernandinho, Jesus... scrubs the lot of them.

I think you will be fine.

Yeah i guess you will have to play those other rubbish players you have like Aguero, Bernado Silva, Mahrez, Sterling, Fernandinho, Jesus... scrubs the lot of them.

I think you will be fine.
if adama traore can score a brace salah could hit double figures

No chance I’m subscribing,

I subscribe, it's pretty good.

FWIW the first and pretty much only manager I've seen referred to as a fraud is Guardiola.

Billy Bullshitter was the term I preferred for Rodgers. It still works I think.

if adama traore can score a brace salah could hit double figures
It’s Mane not Salah who’s been doing the business.

City can’t afford to lose this one. Stating the obvious but I really think a Liverpool win will have them too far ahead even at this early stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back