Preview 2019 Goodbye (To 2020) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

18 teams could win a flag in the next few years. It’s nothing to do with coaching or talent. It’s about belief and connection

I’d dearly love for us to be the ones to knock Richmond right off their ******* perch.

This forum has been negative since 2015. It hasn’t worked. Hinkley was still reappointed as coach and we still went with co-captains. Surely it’s boring by now? It’s almost as if the club is purposely doing things that piss people off.

Let’s try something new for a change. Maybe they’ll actually do something people agree with like winning a flag.

tenor.gif

Let's face it, we should be operating in 5 year cycles. If it takes 3 seasons to get 50 games into juniors at best and 5 for the majority. We have 5 year cycles to get the kids to a point where they can consistently influence. Then a 5 year period of dominance.

Perhaps we are entering our dominant period now? hmmm

Sorry if already posted

This was also posted in The Advertiser ..

Dixon out-bodied and out-marked Wes Schweitzer who is an offensive guard with the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL and listed as 196cm and 145kg.
The ankle that required multiple surgeries and kept him out of football until June last year, and even then played its part in restricting him to just nine AFL games for the season, was under serious duress in the video and Dixon did not miss a beat.
It’s clear Dixon - one of Port Adelaide’s barometers - is a long way in front of where he was this time last year.
This time last year he was still recovering from ankle surgery after breaking his leg in the Round 21 loss to West Coast.

Looks like we are going to have a very fit Charlie Dixon in 2020 b geez :)

Dixon out-bodied and out-marked Wes Schweitzer who is an offensive guard with the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL and listed as 196cm and 145kg.
The ankle that required multiple surgeries and kept him out of football until June last year, and even then played its part in restricting him to just nine AFL games for the season, was under serious duress in the video and Dixon did not miss a beat.
It’s clear Dixon - one of Port Adelaide’s barometers - is a long way in front of where he was this time last year.
This time last year he was still recovering from ankle surgery after breaking his leg in the Round 21 loss to West Coast.

Hopefully he holds those marks. Kicks those goals

18 teams could win a flag in the next few years. It’s nothing to do with coaching or talent. It’s about belief and connection

I’d dearly love for us to be the ones to knock Richmond right off their ******* perch.

This forum has been negative since 2015. It hasn’t worked. Hinkley was still reappointed as coach and we still went with co-captains. Surely it’s boring by now? It’s almost as if the club is purposely doing things that piss people off.

Let’s try something new for a change. Maybe they’ll actually do something people agree with like winning a flag.

So BigFooty posting is the metric that wins an AFL club a premiership.

Just stop posting mate.

This is a long winded way of saying training the house down.
Having said that I really hope Dixon has a massive year

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By this logic Richmond could pick a squad of 15, walk into the NBA and win a championship there too.

It takes more than just 'connection' to win championships. You also have to be, you know, good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By this logic Richmond could pick a squad of 15, walk into the NBA and win a championship there too.

It takes more than just 'connection' to win championships. You also have to be, you know, good.

Yeah but if he sticks to this line he doesn't have to make a single testable prediction and can put our performances this year down to connection regardless of what happens.

From these pictures, SPP looks in great shape and Tobin Cox looks slimmer.

I remember in the 2017 preseason when the Bigfooty Richmond board decided collectively to just believe really hard, way harder than they ever had before.

This is 100% nonsense.

I mean, why even have coaches? Just sack ol’ mate et al and send the entire playing list down to Ollie’s shack on the river for three months of wet ‘n wild good times. Whoever makes it to March without doing their shoulder gets a flag.

Listening to Westhoff on the radio he sounded so dejected and didn't want to come back. So yeah you're spot on. The only one that strives for excellence is Boak.
Do you mean in the SEN interview? I thought he sounded pretty good. He has 4 kids, one of which is a 4 week old baby and he was on breakfast radio in his holidays. I thougtht he sounded pretty much as expected.

18 teams could win a flag in the next few years. It’s nothing to do with coaching or talent. ....
If it's nothing to do with coaching or talent then why are we wasting money on coaches and highly paid players?

If it's nothing to do with coaching or talent then why are we wasting money on coaches and highly paid players?

Winning a game of football is about coaching and talent.

Winning a premiership - which means winning multiple games of football - is about belief and connection.

From these pictures, SPP looks in great shape and Tobin Cox looks slimmer.

Agree - keeping Pep on our list through the trade period I honestly reckon will pay off in spades.

Winning a game of football is about coaching and talent.

Winning a premiership - which means winning multiple games of football - is about belief and connection.

Sooo, you do need good coaching and talent then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember in the 2017 preseason when the Bigfooty Richmond board decided collectively to just believe really hard, way harder than they ever had before.

Yes, pre-2017 Richmond fans were well known for their positivity and unwavering belief in their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back