Small goal sneak - Lloyd
Full forward - Bruce
Centre Half Forward - Naughton
General forward - Dale
Medium half forward - Bergman
Resting mid - Smith/Lipinski or...
Third tall forward - Schache

I love that mix
For me pure pace and pressure are glaring gaps in that forward line. They can certainly all play though.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Lystics podcast has their mock draft episode up. I like their stuff.
They’ve got us bidding on Henry, which Freo match, and then some discussion about how it opens up at this point. Eventually they settle on Weightman even though Kemp still on the board.

Last edited:

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
They’ve got us bidding on Henry, which Freo match, and then some discussion about how it opens up at this point. Eventually they settle on Weightman even though Kemp still on the board.
If Kemp is there we take him surely

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
I’m more intrigued than ever with this draft, our insistence on keeping pick 13 has to have some strategy behind it surely?
Like draft a good kid to our club? Seems like a good strategy to me.

theBigB

Debutant
Nov 5, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If a team pulls the trigger on Stephenson, who had a reported heart problem, at pick 6, an ACL injury won't scare clubs off a player. Kemp will go top 10.
Then who slips out of the top 10?
Rowell and Anderson are out.
Serong, Flanders, Young and Ash are universally rated top 10.
Luke Jackson being talked about as high as pick 3 to GWS. Fremantle have two top 10 picks, badly need a ruckman, and Jackson is from WA.
Melbourne's recruitment manager has already talked up Weightman at pick 8 during the trade window. Both Melbourne and Carlton seem desperate for small forwards too.

Already that's 8 out of 10 players, not including Tom Green. Then you have Robertson almost unanimously rated a top 10 bolter, and Fremantle have two top 10 picks. Dylan Stephens is a player almost every fan seems to want at their club as that modern-day winger, even Adelaide fans with pick 4/5.
I don't see how McAsey gets past Hawthorn with their awful key-defender depth.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Luke Jackson being talked about as high as pick 3 to GWS. Fremantle have two top 10 picks, badly need a ruckman, and Jackson is from WA.
Melbourne's recruitment manager has already talked up Weightman at pick 8 during the trade window. Both Melbourne and Carlton seem desperate for small forwards too.

Already that's 8 out of 10 players, not including Tom Green. Then you have Robertson almost unanimously rated a top 10 bolter, and Fremantle have two top 10 picks. Dylan Stephens is a player almost every fan seems to want at their club as that modern-day winger, even Adelaide fans with pick 4/5.
Jackson could easily be a Grundy/English situation. Rated highly in the lead-up to the draft but clubs just don't pull the trigger early on.

theBigB

Debutant
Nov 5, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Jackson could easily be a Grundy/English situation. Rated highly in the lead-up to the draft but clubs just don't pull the trigger early on.
It's actually the opposite. Most draft watchers rate him around pick 13-15, but might go significantly earlier because clubs have started to realize the importance of a good ruckman. GWS were dumb enough to pass on Grundy 5 times in 2012, and right now, they're more desperate for a ruckman than ever. Then you have Fremantle, who recently retired Sandilands, and are now left with Sean Darcey, a mediocre player who is perpetually linked with a move back to Victoria. I would be baffled if Jackson got past both of Fremantle's selections.

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It's actually the opposite. Most draft watchers rate him around pick 13-15, but might go significantly earlier because clubs have started to realize the importance of a good ruckman. GWS were dumb enough to pass on Grundy 5 times in 2012, and right now, they're more desperate for a ruckman than ever. Then you have Fremantle, who recently retired Sandilands, and are now left with Sean Darcey, a mediocre player who is perpetually linked with a move back to Victoria. I would be baffled if Jackson got past both of Fremantle's selections.
The rule changes after 2016 made a big difference in the value of rucks.

flipper83

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I don't think Weightman goes top 10 but will be interesting to watch. There's usually a suprise or two.

They *en insane

Care to post the whole thing?

LittleG

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whisper Melbourne could move pick 8 back for two later picks to get him, Melbourne are scary.

Dees paid a lot for pick 8. No chance they drop back to get anyone.

More chance they do a future pick swap with someone to get another mid round pick. But then, they aren’t run by crazy Vossy OR JMac.

Back