List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part V

Remove this Banner Ad

So one from a draft 6 years ago, one from 5 years ago, one a late pick, another a Cat B rookie & one an injury replace.

Not really a pattern of behaviour that demands a wish to change our drafting strategy is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still demand that none of our footballers
Have any athletic traits!

It's a blight on the game i tell ya!

We’ll end up with 18 Dunstans in that scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oooohhhh low blow!

Or we could have 40 x Ed Phillips on the list! Can run all day
Just don't ask him to find it and then kick it!

I'm confident my boy Alabakis will solve all of this!

From 45 and pebblesofsand are also correct with others getting Ambassador money.
However the AFL will not disclose how much they pay.

If they were forced to and we saw Pendles and Houli on 50k a year and Ben King on 300k a year what would be the reaction.

The day after Ben signed I texted SEN about the Ambassador money and the only one to run with it was Gary Lyon who has been on the AFL declaring the Ambassador money.
Its not a conspiracy, the AFL will give us a quid pro quo, example a free run at a delisted Paddy if he comes good or other under the table goodies.
Yes its corrupt but thats how the AFL operates.
Dangerfield would be on shedloads
NicNat same

Kids believe in Santa
Football fans believe in a salary cap

The second people get their head around the fact the big club's run the AFL and basically do what they want under the new Gil administration the better off they'll be in the outrage stakes.

Zones. 3rd party deals. All the same s**t.

Its common knowledge over here that Mcgovern is paid outside the cap in a big way.

Oooohhhh low blow!

Or we could have 40 x Ed Phillips on the list! Can run all day
Just don't ask him to find it and then kick it!

I'm confident my boy Alabakis will solve all of this!

Or we could end up with 10 Pluggers

* not the 66 variety God bless him

Or we could end up with 10 Pluggers

* not the 66 variety God bless him
Having 10 Pluggers would be pretty bloody awesome!

We would still need blokes to kick it to him though!
Unless we use some of them in the middle! Now kicking it to himself won't be a problem
We all know what a beautiful kick he was!

Just concerned that we may get exposed on the spread! :think:
And i'm not talking about the amount of Peanut butter the big boy puts on his bread!

The answer for GC is to develop their club culture so players want to stay.
One sure fire way to develop a club culture is to throw buckets of money at kids that have yet to really prove themselves up on the Gold Coast in the surf the sun and the fun...fast cars, lines on the mirror....... etc without support via family etc now thats my kinda culture...lol!

Dangerfield would be on shedloads
NicNat same

Kids believe in Santa
Football fans believe in a salary cap

The second people get their head around the fact the big club's run the AFL and basically do what they want under the new Gil administration the better off they'll be in the outrage stakes.

Zones. 3rd party deals. All the same s**t.

Its common knowledge over here that Mcgovern is paid outside the cap in a big way.
According to Nick Riewoldt every team gets I think around a million dollars outside the salary cap to use how they please, and there are requirements that come with that. Basically ambassadorial money. So McGovern may be getting money outside the cap but there’s players on every team that would be as well.

According to Nick Riewoldt every team gets I think around a million dollars outside the salary cap to use how they please, and there are requirements that come with that. Basically ambassadorial money. So McGovern may be getting money outside the cap but there’s players on every team that would be as well.
Yeah i heard Mav Weller was getting our bonus money for a couple of years there to help him
Promote his new Anal Bleaching venture with the possibility of opening up " dates " throughout Australia!

Thankfully for us the idea did not get off the ground so to speak
And sadly for Mav it didn't stop him from turning sh!t and ironically getting the arse! :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time he played in Saints colors this was obvious. Will thrive and develop his creative play making under Ratts imo. Docherty MkII

Agree.

Richo was that worried about defensive pressure he overlooked the positives in players, which also lead them second guessing themselves in their decision making. In reality he was the worst possible coach we could have had for a young developing list.

His first couple of games I thought Captain material. There was an air of Lenny about him.

I reckon he'll get there and will go to the next step ala Clark.
He was really starting to turn the corner his last couple of games before he did his shoulder (?) and missed the end of the year.

I have no doubts Coff will be able to become a solid B grader at a bare minimum with a really good chance of being better.

That’s what I keep saying. I sound like a broken record but Coffield is a proper footballer. Very skilled and has great awareness. He just happens to be 191cm and athletic.

We all thought the Goat was going to be gun though to. I will start to believe it when I see it in a consistent way. Hunter Clark has done enough that you'd bank him being a talent, even Battle. Coffield looks promising but still a long way to go yet.

Acres, Mckenzie, Phillips, Marsh, Joyce come to mind in more recent times.
Would throw coffield in the mix as well but yet to prove he is an athlete or a footballer.
Acres had huge raps on his football talent.

At the Saints you could see it. Silky and sublime at times.....but those times simply did not happen often enough. We kept waiting for that talent to burst forth, but it just did not happen often enough.

Acres had huge raps on his football talent.

At the Saints you could see it. Silky and sublime at times.....but those times simply did not happen often enough. We kept waiting for that talent to burst forth, but it just did not happen often enough.
One of the most highly rated juniors in his draft year. Only reason he slid so far was a season ending injury fairly early in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back