Movies & TV What are you guys watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

You rate The Americans?
It has lost some of its lustre but yes, not a lot of retrospective Cold War tv around trying to portray the USSR perspective.

Perhaps Alf?

Anyone seen season 1 of Legion? Found that very entertaining. Season 1 of Westworld was excellent. Season 7 of Game of Thrones was a bit s**t - they're clearly struggling for ideas now that they're ahead of the books. Currently watching season 3 of the Leftovers.

Watched two series on Netflix over the break. The Sinner was really good. Leaves you wanting to know more immediately each episode. The punisher also good. Heavy on the action/ violence. Very good cinematogpraphy

Watched two series on Netflix over the break. The Sinner was really good. Leaves you wanting to know more immediately each episode. The punisher also good. Heavy on the action/ violence. Very good cinematogpraphy
I didn't mind the Sinner though once they attempted to tie up the mystery there seemed some gaping flaws in the explanation. Also I got distracted pretty constantly by thinking that the husband bloke looked like Jordan Lewis.

I've just watched Shetland. Now I suddenly want to move to Shetland - I've been looking up rental properties for a cottage there. I will stay for two years and look at seals and eat fish and mars bars.

I need to give up on television. I watched the Shipping News with Kevin Spacey a few years back and spent the best part of 18 months researching rental properties in Newfoundland.

I didn't mind the Sinner though once they attempted to tie up the mystery there seemed some gaping flaws in the explanation. Also I got distracted pretty constantly by thinking that the husband bloke looked like Jordan Lewis.

I've just watched Shetland. Now I suddenly want to move to Shetland - I've been looking up rental properties for a cottage there. I will stay for two years and look at seals and eat fish and mars bars.

I need to give up on television. I watched the Shipping News with Kevin Spacey a few years back and spent the best part of 18 months researching rental properties in Newfoundland.
If this is the guy I reckon he looks more like Bontempelli

BF27FA92-03D5-4979-AD84-6ED6472850D1.png

Just watched the latest Robin Hood effort. I recommend it for anyone who likes dreadful movies that aren't so bad they're good, they're just really bad.

I've watched a few episodes of Happy - that's worth a look if you like black comedies.

Just watched the latest Robin Hood effort. I recommend it for anyone who likes dreadful movies that aren't so bad they're good, they're just really bad.

I've watched a few episodes of Happy - that's worth a look if you like black comedies.
Robin Hood was a steaming pile of s**t. I loved it. Best bit was Robin Hood deciding he'd rather rename his arab mate "John" instead of trying to pronounce his name. :drunk:

Watching Chernobyl right now, which is great (not sure it's entirely deserving of it's hype though). Counterpoint is next (was strange seeing the trailer for this directly after seeing the Happy, given JK Simeon aka Vernon Shillinger is the lead)

Robin Hood was a steaming pile of ****. I loved it. Best bit was Robin Hood deciding he'd rather rename his arab mate "John" instead of trying to pronounce his name. :drunk:

Watching Chernobyl right now, which is great (not sure it's entirely deserving of it's hype though). Counterpoint is next (was strange seeing the trailer for this directly after seeing the Happy, given JK Simeon aka Vernon Shillinger is the lead)

Fair enough, I thought it was rubbish and stayed rubbish. I managed to finish it in three sittings but I'm not sure why I bothered. The scariest part was the setup for a sequel. The horror genre is certainly a lot different than when I were a boy.

Have Counterpart sitting on my desktop - haven't watched it yet. Any good?

Heard good things about Chernobyl, that ones on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough, I thought it was rubbish and stayed rubbish. I managed to finish it in three sittings but I'm not sure why I bothered. The scariest part was the setup for a sequel. The horror genre is certainly a lot different than when I were a boy.

Only seen the first Counterpoint episode. It's started really well and apparently gets better. It's only two seasons too which is good, anything longer is pushing it for me. Sho

I rate Chernobyl much higher than Toump Ass it seems. It's attention to detail is astounding. I am also most of the way through the podcast with the writer discussing all of that detail - it's fascinating. https://open.spotify.com/show/5SSYyVWm0FaY8as96gE3EM

Also loving Fleabag but only half way through season one.

I need to checkout Counterpoint now too.

Have gone through a few episodes of Counterpart, very watchable so far without being gripping.

Remember seeing Fleabag high up on some recent TV lists. Will have to have a look at that one.

Have gone through a few episodes of Counterpart, very watchable so far without being gripping.

Remember seeing Fleabag high up on some recent TV lists. Will have to have a look at that one.
Haven’t watched the second season yet but enjoyed season 1.

Chernobyl is excellent. Gripping and really disturbing.

It has brought back my nuclear paranoia big time though. Probably a byproduct of the era I grew up in, where the actual Chernobyl disaster featured big time, and there were a number of excellent anti-nuclear dramas like Edge of Darkness around, and films like Silkwood and that one with Jane Fonda which was about Three Mile Island (I think). I can’t even see one of those nuclear warning symbols on the side of a truck or in a hospital without biting down a sense of dread.

I rate Chernobyl much higher than Toump Ass it seems. It's attention to detail is astounding. I am also most of the way through the podcast with the writer discussing all of that detail - it's fascinating.
Hmm. Have finished the series now, and I don't think it's perfect, but it's very very good.

I posted this elsewhere but the writer/director has a very underwhelming filmography up until Chernobyl... Amazing to think he can go from Scary Movie 4 to Chernobyl (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0563301/?ref_=tt_ov_wr)

Hmm. Have finished the series now, and I don't think it's perfect, but it's very very good.

I posted this elsewhere but the writer/director has a very underwhelming filmography up until Chernobyl... Amazing to think he can go from Scary Movie 4 to Chernobyl (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0563301/?ref_=tt_ov_wr)
I'm glad you persisted. Yes, its not perfect, but its a darn sight better than a lot of other dross on TV these days.

Check out this article on some of the details:

I bought season 9 of the Walking Dead a week or two back. I don't know why because I haven't liked the last few series and when I opened up the case and saw six DVDs, I felt a keen sense of despair.

I'm so bummed about how s**t the new star wars will be. I was reading the expanded universe stuff as a little kid and have loved the universe my whole life but after being underwhelmed by TFA I straight up walked out of TLJ and am struggling to push myself to see Rise of Skywalker this December. Disney really did take the franchise and completely destroy it :(

I'm so bummed about how s**t the new star wars will be. I was reading the expanded universe stuff as a little kid and have loved the universe my whole life but after being underwhelmed by TFA I straight up walked out of TLJ and am struggling to push myself to see Rise of Skywalker this December. Disney really did take the franchise and completely destroy it :(

There must be good money to be had in ruining franchises, although some were on the way down regardless before various attempts to rebrand / remake them. Thinking Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Terminator, Robocop, etc.

There must be good money to be had in ruining franchises, although some were on the way down regardless before various attempts to rebrand / remake them. Thinking Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Terminator, Robocop, etc.

It is so frustrating. Disney actually did a really good job with the Marvel films but they obliterate Star Wars, and Game of Thrones was slaughtered by the idiot duo in charge of it.

Mind hunters on Netflix, it's about how they invented Criminal Profiling at the FBI by interviewing serial killers and then interview are the real transcripts from the real interviews conducted. The cases are also real cases they are investigating.

Pretty wild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back