Past James Rose - delisted 2019

The james rose journey at the swans has come to an end. I hope he gets picked up by another club as he is one of the most gifted yet frustrating players.

He might get picked up to be a leader in a SANFL side.

Hope he gets a crack at a number club that actually backs him in. Still not sure why he was dropped the first time around this year. Came back with no confidence, was given <60% TOG, and was dropped again after struggling. He was pretty much set-up to fail after having a really solid month and being dropped for Kizza (WHY?) earlier in the season.

Hopefully he gets picked up or rookie listed somewhere.

Hope he gets a crack at a number club that actually backs him in. Still not sure why he was dropped the first time around this year. Came back with no confidence, was given <60% TOG, and was dropped again after struggling. He was pretty much set-up to fail after having a really solid month and being dropped for Kizza (WHY?) earlier in the season.

Hopefully he gets picked up or rookie listed somewhere.

Still don’t know why we resigned him this season if this was our plan

Still don’t know why we resigned him this season if this was our plan
It was a serious waste of time. I'd be curious to hear a justification. He tears it up in the NEAFL and eventually gets a crack and puts together a solid month just to be dropped (when our season was already over) for a bloke that we were all pretty confident was retiring at the end of the season.

If they didn't rate him, why re-sign him? Other than the poor showing against GWS (where he spent almost half the game on the bench), he did all he could this season and was still delisted. So why re-sign him in the first place?

Appreciate everyone's view. I think the club shouldn't be derided here, they gave him every chance and in my view I did not see the performances others here saw. I thought he let the opportunity slip through his hands by his own doing. There are players who are good players but cannot sustain the step up and perhaps he is one.

Wonder if he had a relationship with Dew, maybe GC would see him ass a role player with some experience. Personally, I don't think he is at the level he needs to be.

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Appreciate everyone's view. I think the club shouldn't be derided here, they gave him every chance and in my view I did not see the performances others here saw. I thought he let the opportunity slip through his hands by his own doing. There are players who are good players but cannot sustain the step up and perhaps he is one.

Wonder if he had a relationship with Dew, maybe GC would see him ass a role player with some experience. Personally, I don't think he is at the level he needs to be.
Woah. Wouldn't want to be a role player at Brissie then.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Terrific kid, had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and the conversation was fantastic. A lot of flogs on here can call him FIGJAM without ever meeting him and they couldn’t be further from fact. Hope he goes well, whatever he does in life!

Terrific kid, had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago and the conversation was fantastic. A lot of flogs on here can call him FIGJAM without ever meeting him and they couldn’t be further from fact. Hope he goes well, whatever he does in life!

Never met him but other mates who have share your views.

He sounds to be a terrific young person.

I have no doubt about his talent. In a less rigid system he may really shine. Hope he gets picked up by another AFL team. If not he will dominate the SANFL.

Thanks for this post. The way that people baselessly speculate and name-call blokes that are just trying to do their job is disgraceful. I hope the flogs that have been doing it for years have a long hard look at themselves, but let's be honest, chances are someone else will become the target of their misguided insults. Bunch of keyboard warrior tools that probably have the same traits themselves that they inaccurately bemoan our players for having.

Hey guys,

This fella has just been picked up by my SANFL team, South Adelaide.

Personally never heard of him.

Would love your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

He'll do well at that level. If we are honest, he's probably a level below AFL. However at NEAFL level his numbers have been great especially when in the midfield. He was averaging in the 30+ disposals for a lot of the games. I know it's NEAFL level, but he was passable at AFL level this year. He'll do well mate.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
He'll do well at that level. If we are honest, he's probably a level below AFL. However at NEAFL level his numbers have been great especially when in the midfield. He was averaging in the 30+ disposals for a lot of the games. I know it's NEAFL level, but he was passable at AFL level this year. He'll do well mate.
Cheers.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
A very good NEAFL level player who didn’t quite make the grade at AFL level. Should be a good fit in the SANFL. Skilful and a good kick for goal. Picks up heaps of possessions and works hard towards goal. The knocks on him were that he wasn’t known to work as hard on the defensive side of his game, i.e. two way running or being accountable for his man. Also, but to be fair not unusual for players trying to impress and get into the firsts, he was seen as being somewhat selfish in his play. On balance, he will hopefully go well for you guys.

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

You have picked up a gem.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
James started out as a flashy small forward. Lazy after the ball went.
By the time he left he became smarter, more direct and much better running both ways and tackling. BOG in a losing grand final.
A terrific kick at goal and by all accounts a fine young man.
He will do well for you.

Swansujelly

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
NBA, Woodville,
He’ll do well at SANFL level. Shoulda gone to the Eagles and team up with our other favourite whipping boy, Foot with an E

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.
I was pissed we didn't give him more of a prolonged crack at AFL level this year. Reckon he had some x-factor that we could use. Really good pick-up.

dosser

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
His skills below the knees are extraordinary. When the ball is wet he makes it look so easy compared to other players. He isn't quite AFL but will be a SANFL gun.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
yeah if we didnt play in the shithouse neafl we could work out these players quicker and develop them quicker
Wasn't their talk of them bringing back the AFL reserves? What happened to that plan?

Back