Bulldogs Board Mock Draft - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL gave Gold Coast access to NT talent to prelist, are the Tiwi Islands considered part of the NT ?
I already filled the pre-draft player selection so best to just take Adam in the main draft to be safe

#59 GWS Nick Bryan

Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Ruck
22/10/2001 | 202cm | 87kg

Considered a potential first rounder at the start of the year, Bryan has slipped down the order after an inconsistent year. He had a good finals series, particularly in the last couple of games which gave recruiters another glimpse at the highly athletic ruck. While he is far from the finished product, it is hard to imagine he will be overlooked based on his sub three-second 20m sprint and his size at 202cm makes him a valuable commodity. While he might not have the consistency of some of the other talls higher on the list, he has plenty of upside and a club could certainly find a need for Bryan should they be on the lookout for another ruck

#60 GWS Emerson Jeka

Western Jets/Vic Metro | Key Forward/Defender
18/09/2001 | 198cm | 90kg

On upside, Jeka is a lot higher, but it is just piecing all of his traits together for some consistency. He is an elite contested mark, is virtually an eight-second flat agility test and near three seconds 20m sprint candidate. This athleticism is something rare in players of his size, but the inconsistencies of the past few years, as well as finding his best position – between forward and back – means he is still a raw prospect who has to develop. Given his traits, if he can be put to work and learn off a more aggressive mentor at an AFL club, then he will add more to his game. He has the physicality to really worry opposition defenders when leading out, it is just showing it on a more consistent basis. His best is winning a game off his own boot, but it just happens in seldom, so the best is yet to come from the Western Jets tall.

I've gone with who i think the next best ruck option is with Nick Bryan as GWS ruck depth isnt that great and the two mature rucks are just about done.
Emerson Jeka could be anything so was either him or Josh Honey for pick 60.

With pick 61, Essendon selects Brady Rowles. Essendon could do with some more pace on the wings and through the midfield and I think Rowles could be the type to add that to the mix.

DRAFT ANALYSIS: "A raw prospect who has great footy smarts, acceleration and a high vertical leap that needs to build a greater defensive game with a focus on contested work."
BRADY Rowles is an intriguing prospect in this year’s AFL Draft. He has some serious upside and exciting traits that are very transferable to AFL level, but he also has some clear deficiencies in his game that need to be developed in order for him to take the next step. Athletically, Rowles is fairly impressive with his speed off the mark a highlight of his game. He takes the game on, challenges the opposition team to stop him and can really break a game open with his dash and dare. He has played both at half-back and on a wing, with his outside ball use good, though his disposal under pressure still needs work. He needs to add a greater contested side to his game and a bigger tackling presence, with his endurance an area of improvement that can see him find more of the ball and have a greater impact on the game for longer. At his best, Rowles is a damaging prospect who is eye-catching, but it is closing the gap between when he is ‘on’ and when he is not having an influence on the game.
STRENGTHS:
Acceleration
X-factor
Football IQ
Versatility
Vertical leap
IMPROVEMENTS:
Contested work
Accumulation
Tackling

Back to you jacob17

Hawthorn
Pick 12 - Elijah Taylor
Pick 19 - Finn Maginness
Pick 51 - Flynn Perez
Pick 55 - Tyrone Thorne

Richmond
Pick 20 - Cooper Stephens
Pick 39 - Cameron Taheny
Pick 40 - Fraser Phillips
Pick 42 - Trey Ruscoe
Pick 57 - Brock Smith

What happens if someone selects delahunty then? I was planning on taking him with my last pick..
Can i select him in the rookie draft if i have no selections left?

What happens if someone selects delahunty then? I was planning on taking him with my last pick..
Yeah if no one bids it's assumed you take Delahunty as rookie

Actually I just checked. That prediction of 4 live picks was assuming GWS enter the season with less than 40 spots taken, leaving room for rookie upgrade or DFA pickup.

So yeah, if you want Delahunty, might as well take him now and assume you're done on 5 picks I guess? Or can take 6 technically if you want to

Actually I just checked. That prediction of 4 live picks was assuming GWS enter the season with less than 40 spots taken, leaving room for rookie upgrade or DFA pickup.

So yeah, if you want Delahunty, might as well take him now and assume you're done on 5 picks I guess? Or can take 6 technically if you want to
Im going to be a little bit sneaky then.
I'll select another player i like with my 5th pick and with my 6th pick ill only use it to match a bid if delahunty is bid on in the draft. Otherwise he will be a rookie selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#62 GWS Josh Honey

Western Jets/Vic Metro | Mid/Forward
17/10/2001 | 185cm | 82kg

Another player with great upside, Honey has the versatility to rotate between midfield and forward, and is an athlete to-boot. Honey was one of the more impressive performers at the National Draft Combine, clocking up times of 2.97 seconds (20m sprint) and 8.10 seconds (agility test). His consistency can be a worry at times, particularly when it comes to influence throughout long periods in games, with his accumulation lower than most other comparable players – 16.1 disposals per game. But when on his game, Honey has that hurt factor about him, with his clean hands and defensive pressure – 4.6 tackles per game – a feature, as well as his ability to hit the scoreboard regularly, contributing 12 goals in 14 games at NAB League level, and two from two at the Under-18 National Championships

I like the name and i like the player.
GWS could use a player with Honeys traits and capabilities.

Pick 63: Collingwood
Liam Delahunty (Giants Acad)

jacob17 Virgin Dog
#63 GWS Match Collingwood bid for
Liam Delahunty

GWS GIANTS/Allies | Forward/Defender
13/02/2001 | 192cm | 91kg

A member of the GWS GIANTS Academy, where Delahunty ends up on draft night will be interesting considering the GIANTS’ picks in this year’s draft. With Pick 6 likely to be Tom Green, Delahunty could be matched with one of the later picks, potentially 59 or 60. If the GIANTS choose to trade up to grab a second elite talent to avoid using Pick 6 on Green, then matching Green with their few picks, they might struggle to match a bid. Either way, Delahunty has shown enough to suggest a club could use a player of his services, with his kicking ability and reliability up forward – or in defence at times. He is a strong mark and covers the ground well, and while he is undersized, he could develop into a midfielder with time if required, and given his smarts could be very handy there. He could improve his accumulation numbers from ground level with the majority of his touches coming from marks. Once he develops that area of his game, he can have an equal impact at ground level as he can in the air

GreatSouthWest back to you again
That's me done for the draft.
This was a really good exercise and i learnt a little bit about players i normally wouldn't of looked at twice.
My favourite player outside the first rounds is Brock Smith. Hes got it all and loves a niggle and being physical. The dog's must pick him if he slices to our second pick. Ill have a meltdown just like the time we picked Macrae over Wines...
Hindsight is a wonderful thing as clearly I'd rather Macrae now.

Last edited:
Pick 64: Collingwood
Karl Finlay

Not sure if Hawthorn have another, Virgin Dog ?
Yeah Hawks are done. Have edited the order, with Hawthorn, Richmond and GWS all passing on their remaining picks. I am going to just remove all the "Pass" picks from now on as it's just cluttering the order

Essendon is next - Pugz89

Then it's Carlton afterwards - _M_16_

With pick 65, was weighing up whether to take Ronin O'Connor to add some height to the midfield but decided to go with Jake Pasini.

DRAFT ANALYSIS: "A consistent and reliable defender who has played at all three levels of WAFL this season, and has worked hard on improving aspects of his game."
JAKE Pasini is a key position defender from Swan Districts. The 18-year-old from Caversham got a taste of all three grades in 2019 and was a key member of WA’s very impressive defensive unit during the national carnival. He is the leader of the Swans defence where he combines exceptionally with teammate Brenton Hilton. Pasini was without doubt one of the most influential players in the first half of the Colts season and his absence due to state commitments was a catalyst of the faltering fortunes by the Black and Whites during the latter part of this season.
STRENGTHS:
Marking
Foot skills
Reading the play
Footy smarts
Positioning
IMPROVEMENTS:
Size
Physicality
Versatility

Should turn into a third defender and has strong leadership qualities as well.

You're up _M_16_

Essendon
Pick 31 - Harry Schoenberg
Pick 33 - Jake Riccardi
Pick 58 - Brady Rowles
Pick 62 - Jake Pasini

Actually think this is a pretty good list of players considering how poor Essendon's draft hand is. Pasini is much better than Pick 62, Schoenberg could be taken in the early 20s, Riccardi is probably the best key forward available, and Rowles is a very athletic kid with a huge jump and a decent amount of speed

Essendon
Pick 31 - Harry Schoenberg
Pick 33 - Jake Riccardi
Pick 58 - Brady Rowles
Pick 62 - Jake Pasini

Actually think this is a pretty good list of players considering how poor Essendon's draft hand is. Pasini is much better than Pick 62, Schoenberg could be taken in the early 20s, Riccardi is probably the best key forward available, and Rowles is a very athletic kid with a huge jump and a decent amount of speed
Sydney got any picks left ? Do I have a player for you !

Sydney got any picks left ? Do I have a player for you !
Yeah just the one pick left, but I've been hoping for Cahill, Smith or Pasini to slide to me yet I wasn't that lucky :( Having a look at a few others now

May want to check out the NEAFL rising star winner, former Sydney academy boy.
Cheers, he was already on my watchlist :) There's a few I'm tossing up. Some kids I really like, but are more outside mids which I think Sydney have already taken too many of in recent times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back