Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
It may be different because we haven't committed to Bennell, but rather invited him to train?
Do not fret, Harley is with us from Dec 1st, training Dec 3rd and all going well, playing for us 2020. Geelong or anyone cannot touch him unless he lodges for the draft.edit Although there would be an option for another club if we declined to take him you would think.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So I was listening to the serong interview on SEN he sounded quite impressive and sounded like the exact player we need. Also sounded like Goodwin was right into him which was pleasing to hear. After watching a small sample of highlights I'm on the band wagon.

So I was listening to the serong interview on SEN he sounded quite impressive and sounded like the exact player we need. Also sounded like Goodwin was right into him which was pleasing to hear. After watching a small sample of highlights I'm on the band wagon.
If Adelaide take Flanders or Stephens at 4 it means we're guaranteed one of Kemp/Jackson/Serong at 8. Can't lose with this draft IMO. Very strong top 9.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just cant see anyone satisfying us for either pick 3 or 8. I really hope we don't stuff this up and trade down.

We should demand satisfaction.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Adelaide take Flanders or Stephens at 4 it means we're guaranteed one of Kemp/Jackson/Serong at 8. Can't lose with this draft IMO. Very strong top 9.

Glad you didn’t include Ash. Read an article recently saying he’s Chris Connolly’s nephew. Not only that but he was a Melbourne supporter but jumped ship to Geelong because we have been quote “crap”. Don’t want that on our list.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Glad you didn’t include Ash. Read an article recently saying he’s Chris Connolly’s nephew. Not only that but he was a Melbourne supporter but jumped ship to Geelong because we have been quote “crap”. Don’t want that on our list.
Really? He jumped ship from the Dees to the Cats? Clever kid. Let's draft him..

Cobwebs

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate we have had players that have done the same. Why blame the kid?

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
What's the age limit on changing teams? I think once you have turned 10 you need to stick with your team. I had a mate at the start of grade 6 he went from Geelong to Essendon I remembered despising him for that. I know for a fact he's changed another two times since then and is now a geelong supporter.

What's the age limit on changing teams? I think once you have turned 10 you need to stick with your team. I had a mate at the start of grade 6 he went from Geelong to Essendon I remembered despising him for that. I know for a fact he's changed another two times since then and is now a geelong supporter.

I think the reason counts to. Changing because your team sucks is not a legitimate reason if you are over a certain age. I had a cousin that used to follow North who switched to Dees. I recon he noticed how much pop and I bonded over having the same team and that's what made him switch.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I think only Fitzroy supporters get a pass tbh. Although my best mate who was a mad Fitzroy supporter embraced the Brisbane merger and enjoyed all the premiership glory, jumped ship to Hawthorn once the Lions turned crap again. Not sure that's acceptable. I cringed watching him celebrate the Hawks premierships. But hey, maybe we're the stupid one's sticking with a perennial loser??

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

I'd find that very difficult to differentiate my feelings on that. I haven't met an Essendon fan I haven't despised, so makes it difficult to judge someone dropping one club for another.

Also, I was a Sydney fan up until 1996, so would have been 13. Just got the hump with all the people who suddenly appeared out of thin air when Sydney had a good season.

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nope, Ash is a coward

I'd rather someone not even support a team than change teams because your team is crap

Agree. Sort of kid who’ll grow into an AFL player who contractually holds his club to ransom every few years. For a predictor of future behaviour look at past actions ... and family ties.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'd find that very difficult to differentiate my feelings on that. I haven't met an Essendon fan I haven't despised, so makes it difficult to judge someone dropping one club for another.

Also, I was a Sydney fan up until 1996, so would have been 13. Just got the hump with all the people who suddenly appeared out of thin air when Sydney had a good season.
I was a swans fan till about 98 then ended up switching to the Dees because of me old man.

How could you not love that Swans side though, Lockett, Maxwell, Kelly, O'Loughlin, Luff, Dunkley etc

Can't remember who it was but I saw plugger cave some Melbourne campaigners head in at the G one year circa 97 I think.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I started in 94 when we made the preliminary final. I remember thinking how good it was to be back in finals in 98 when we had 3 years out. Seems silly now considering we had a 12 year drout.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I was a swans fan till about 98 then ended up switching to the Dees because of me old man.

How could you not love that Swans side though, Lockett, Maxwell, Kelly, O'Loughlin, Luff, Dunkley etc

Can't remember who it was but I saw plugger cave some Melbourne campaigners head in at the G one year circa 97 I think.

No arguments it was a good side, but it annoyed me when half the town jumped on the bandwagon so I decided to support a crap team. No danger of the Demons ever being any good; definitely safe from bandwagon hoppers.

No arguments it was a good side, but it annoyed me when half the town jumped on the bandwagon so I decided to support a crap team. No danger of the Demons ever being any good; definitely safe from bandwagon hoppers.
My mum was on the swans that year. South Melbourne or something.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I started supporting the Dees when I was six or seven, rusted on. Have five brothers who all support different teams, I think it was the colours that got me, no parental influences at all.
* you garden gnomes * like rabbits 6 of you little short people running round. Nah but same reason colours plus The Demons. neither parent followed AFL both brothers follow different clubs. Most my mates are either Roos or Eagles

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have the stupidest reason of all for being a Melbourne supporter. My best mate when I was 7 was from Adelaide and he told me he was a Melbourne supporter, one day he asked me, "which team do you go for?", I was very embarrassed because I hadn't even chosen a team yet (my dad was never interested in sport), so I just reflexively said "yeah, the Demons too", just to cover my embarrassment. Turns out the only reason he went for Melbourne was because his dad used to barrack for West Torrens in the SANFL when they lived in Adelaide, and when they moved to Melbourne he chose the Dees because they had the same colours.

So there you go, all this misery and disappointment for such a random set of circumstances. I briefly flirted with changing teams when I was 9 or 10, and I agonised over that decision for weeks, but in the end, I couldn't do it - my brain had obviously already decided that it was wrong to change teams and I never considered changing again. I'd like to believe that this speaks to something noble about me, but I suspect it probably just makes me a dickhead.

I have the stupidest reason of all for being a Melbourne supporter. My best mate when I was 7 was from Adelaide and he told me he was a Melbourne supporter, one day he asked me, "which team do you go for?", I was very embarrassed because I hadn't even chosen a team yet (my dad was never interested in sport), so I just reflexively said "yeah, the Demons too", just to cover my embarrassment. Turns out the only reason he went for Melbourne was because his dad used to barrack for West Torrens in the SANFL when they lived in Adelaide, and when they moved to Melbourne he chose the Dees because they had the same colours.

So there you go, all this misery and disappointment for such a random set of circumstances. I briefly flirted with changing teams when I was 9 or 10, and I agonised over that decision for weeks, but in the end, I couldn't do it - my brain had obviously already decided that it was wrong to change teams and I never considered changing again. I'd like to believe that this speaks to something noble about me, but I suspect it probably just makes me a dickhead.
You poor stupid fool. You could have had something better.

Back