News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This club is so f’ed. We all knew going so late with the review was going to cause issues finding replacements and yet here we are.

******* morons
I’m with you EC I am sick of being fed sh**, the best football dept in the land, always a step behind in their decision making,never on the front foot, no forward thinking only reactive, just mediocrity it’s starting to wear thin, give me something to get a buzz about instead of ho hum

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m with you EC I am sick of being fed sh**, the best football dept in the land, always a step behind in their decision making,never on the front foot, no forward thinking only reactive, just mediocrity it’s starting to wear thin, give me something to get a buzz about instead of ho hum
When they can’t even make basic decisions, it’s clear they can’t run a football club with any hope to be successful

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Ate you saying Fagan is lying about getting the best footy dept in the land

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Gee sorry Cornesy.

Next time we shouldn't hide Godden because he came from the lower leagues.

Jesus man look at how he has self improved.
Settle down. I'm happy to hear that we spoke to a bunch and he was the best. You have to come from somewhere.

I'm just a bit hesitant to flip out over getting someone from the lower leagues - I'll absolutely give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, though.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
This Kelly guy might be good at his job, might have the "qualifications" for this job, might even do it well, but would not be a proven "best in the league" type. We'd be gambling on an unknown at one of the most important times in our history. A bit like when we strongly believed we were good enough to make a grand final but then roll the dice on SANFL coaches.

He's not a name that will attract the best of the best to our club, Nicks isn't, our wallet won't do it and neither will much else of what we've got. How do we get them here? We're supposably a big club, but when was the last time we made a big club move.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
LOL, the half empties have jumped in pretty quick.

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Not having a go and I’m glad Nicks is doing this, but deadset my B-Grade Amateur league coach did the same thing 10 years ago. I would expect this as a bare minimum from a new coach and it’d be a concern if the playing group felt this was a variation from the norm.
Wow, you had a good coach then, I've never in my many years of playing had a coach do that, Maybe a beer at the club bar but never going out of their way to track me down for a chat. But this was a professional in the AFL industry who was impressed, maybe they are easier to please than you are.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Compare what was said about him leaving to what’s been said about Burton.

One built culture, one tore it apart
That was my exact first thought. He’s left that club in a far better position than when he started and obviously left a cultural legacy.

He’s exactly what we need - and he’s a cleanskin.

I reckon the only thing that stops him is Fagan being worried about the competition it would create for his job

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
That was my exact first thought. He’s left that club in a far better position than when he started and obviously left a cultural legacy.

He’s exactly what we need - and he’s a cleanskin.

I reckon the only thing that stops him is Fagan being worried about the competition it would create for his job
I reckon it has to be him, only name mentioned and distinct lack of alternatives.

I honestly think Fagan has good intentions and this has been a real wake up call for him, I don’t think it would be a consideration for him.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon it has to be him, only name mentioned and distinct lack of alternatives.

I honestly think Fagan has good intentions and this has been a real wake up call for him, I don’t think it would be a consideration for him.
In the end I reckon it will be just a slice of luck that someone like that was tucked away in the SANFL doing an apprenticeship.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the end I reckon it will be just a slice of luck that someone like that was tucked away in the SANFL doing an apprenticeship.
How’s the difference in qualifications and experience between Kelly and Burton.

Comical if wasn’t so bloody annoying
It’s a joke isn’t it?

******* incompetent boys club. We need to clean out Chapman and Roo

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
It's the same position Chris Davies was working in prior to the Power picking him up.

Davies had similar experience prior to that too as CEO of Woodville West-Torrens as well.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am struggling to understand why Pyke would be getting paid out at all if he chose to resign.

I can understand relocation or other expenses that were possibly written into his contract anyway.

Seriously though, if he chose to resign, why tf would he be getting paid anything?

he goes to Roo and says, “you and I know they hate me and that the club will be better off moving on from me, but I’ve got a 2 year contract and let’s face it, you and the board are equally to blame for what went wrong here. Im happy to say that I’m resigning to provide clean air, but I’m sure as s**t not leaving empty handed. Make an offer that I’m happy with otherwise this could get uncomfortable for all.”

Back