List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

All good reasons.

Weightman was taken before Stephens. (17 and 22 once bids matched)

I did think about Rankine and Ainsworth but figured both would be pushing midfield eventually or at least take up one spot between them (As in one in the middle the other forward and they switch) Weightman I see as a pure small forward and thought he might be good matched up with king long term. I was tossing up between him and Gould (who went the next pick) I am just not sure on Gould ever being able to reach the fitness levels required to play AFL football.

Should have taken him though based on what you and others have said.

My other options I was thinking about when I took Stephens were Miles Bergman and Harry Schoenberg but they don't seem tof it what you want either. Good to read your thoughts though. Thanks
We also pre-signed Rosas - another pure small forward on our list.

All good reasons.

Weightman was taken before Stephens. (17 and 22 once bids matched)

I did think about Rankine and Ainsworth but figured both would be pushing midfield eventually or at least take up one spot between them (As in one in the middle the other forward and they switch) Weightman I see as a pure small forward and thought he might be good matched up with king long term. I was tossing up between him and Gould (who went the next pick) I am just not sure on Gould ever being able to reach the fitness levels required to play AFL football.

Should have taken him though based on what you and others have said.

My other options I was thinking about when I took Stephens were Miles Bergman and Harry Schoenberg but they don't seem tof it what you want either. Good to read your thoughts though. Thanks
Had Josh Worrall been selected before either pick? Tall defender could be another option

Any reason Jack Martin is still listed as a player on our website? Thought his contract ran out 31st October?

Hi All
I was gold Coast for our mock draft and here what i selected

Traded picks 15 and 20 for Freo Pick 7 since Gold Coast want another top 10 pick

Gold Coast
Pick 1 - Matthew Rowell
Pick 2 - Noah Anderson
Pick 7 - Luke Jackson
Pick 55 - Adam Tipungwuti
Pick 68 - Bigoa Nyuon

Rowella and Anderson are pretty clear
went with Jackson at Pick 7 since im looking at a long term ruckman once Smith and Witts are gone.
Having the ability to play up the ground can help Jackson gel with the tall forwards

Tipungwuti and Nyuon bring some x factor and speed to the forward line while Nyuon can be a utility with his elite speed

Pre selected players

Connor Budarick
Matthew Conroy
Malcolm Roasas Jnr
Hewago Paul Oea
Fitzroy Greenwool
Josh Gore
Ashton Crossley

Have also heard this - Suns very keen on trading up to get Jackson..

Hi All

Traded picks 15 and 20 for Freo Pick 7 since Gold Coast want another top 10 pick

Gold Coast
Pick 1 - Matthew Rowell
Pick 2 - Noah Anderson
Pick 7 - Luke Jackson
Pick 68 - Bigoa Nyuon

went with Jackson at Pick 7 since im looking at a long term ruckman once Smith and Witts are gone.
Having the ability to play up the ground can help Jackson gel with the tall forwards

Tipungwuti and Nyuon bring some x factor and speed to the forward line while Nyuon can be a utility with his elite speed

Pre selected players

Connor Budarick
Matthew Conroy
Malcolm Roasas Jnr
Hewago Paul Oea
Fitzroy Greenwool
Josh Gore
Ashton Crossley

I would love to see Kemp slide down the order cause he is quality
As outlined in the Twomey article on AFL.com today it could feasibly play out like this

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Green
4. Young
5. Flanders
6. Serong
7. JAckson
8. Ash
9. Henry
10. Ash
11. Kemp
Hi All

Gold Coast
Pick 1 - Matthew Rowell
Pick 2 - Noah Anderson
Pick 7 - Luke Jackson
Pick 68 - Bigoa Nyuon

Pre selected players

Connor Budarick
Matthew Conroy
Malcolm Roasas Jnr
Hewago Paul Oea
Fitzroy Greenwool
Josh Gore
Ashton Crossley
love that outcome:
Surprised freo obliged

Nuyon went at 35 on the main board mock so 68 is excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How
As outlined in the Twomey article on AFL.com today it could feasibly play out like this

1. Rowell
2. Anderson
3. Green
4. Young
5. Flanders
6. Serong
7. JAckson
8. Ash
9. Henry
10. Ash
11. Kemp

love that outcome:
Surprised freo obliged

Nuyon went at 35 on the main board mock so 68 is excellent.
how many players can you guys pre select ?

What are people's thoughts on using pick 15 & 20 on draft night to secure a top 10 pick from Fremantle? Apparently there isn't much difference in standard between about pick 5 to pick 15 but then there is after that. Now considering our pick 15 will like blow out to about pick 18/19 with academy pick matching occurring earlier in the order, are we better off securing one top 12 player or two players around picks 18 and 23? I do like the idea of moving up the draft order on the night but would we be giving up too much to secure Freo's first rounder? Should ask them to give something else back in the return?

What are people's thoughts on using pick 15 & 20 on draft night to secure a top 10 pick from Fremantle? Apparently there isn't much difference in standard between about pick 5 to pick 15 but then there is after that. Now considering our pick 15 will like blow out to about pick 18/19 with academy pick matching occurring earlier in the order, are we better off securing one top 12 player or two players around picks 18 and 23? I do like the idea of moving up the draft order on the night but would we be giving up too much to secure Freo's first rounder? Should ask them to give something else back in the return?
It depends how many teenagers we want to bring in. We already have a heap of young players, including the rookies. If we’re going to take 4 from the draft, maybe just use the picks we have. If we only want 3, definitely bundle 15 & 20 for the best possible deal.

NEAFL development will be a pretty important role this year.
We should have basically close to a fully listed NEAFL team each week.

Anderson, Rosas, Buderick, MClennan, Corbett, Riordan, pick 15 + 20 will want to improve over the year as they probably play a fair bit if not exclusively in the NEAFL.

It depends how many teenagers we want to bring in. We already have a heap of young players, including the rookies. If we’re going to take 4 from the draft, maybe just use the picks we have. If we only want 3, definitely bundle 15 & 20 for the best possible deal.
I agree max four for me. I think we just need to take our academy zone selections and then these four and work on developing these guys. We got I think it was 7 young guys last year who are all still here, and 3 haven't debuted yet. I'd be happy to trade up our picks to move up the order so we're playing more quality than quantity game style.

Anderson, Rosas, Buderick, MClennan, Corbett, Riordan, pick 15 + 20 will want to improve over the year as they probably play a fair bit if not exclusively in the NEAFL.
If our NEAFL is competitive they should develop fine. Our problem is that the NEAFL isn't to the standard of sanfl or vfl so developement won't be a fast in our league as those

Given our usual shitty run with injuries, I’d like to see Anderson, Budarick, Corbett and Riordan push for spots in seniors. If Anderson is as good as they say, he’ll play early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back