Mega Thread The Father-Son Mega thread - 2019

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
You predicted number 1 draft pick in a super draft would be a gun?
Go back and read again.

I said no such thing, I said he would be a future Premiership captain.

Tell everyone how many number 1 draft picks have done that, not bloody many.

Also go have a read about the context I posted this about and the point I was trying to make, it seems it has gone over the top of your head.

A a nice try for you though.

Last edited:

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Go back and read again.

I said no such thing, I said he would be a future Premiership captain.

Tell everyone how many number 1 draft picks have done that, not bloody many.

Also go have a read about the context I posted this about and the point I was trying to make, it seems it has gone over the top of your head.

A a nice try for you though.

It is reading a bit weird you defending staunchly your past calls, while deriding HR's own history of making calls...no?
Did you say Hodge WOULD be a future premiership captain, or "IMO" Hodge would become...yada yada? o_O:thumbsu:

Personally, with all the ITK guesstimating that gets done as s**t that's in the bag gonna happen, I read e v e r y t h i n g with a Morton Cannister full of salt. Even stuff I write myself gets little of my own respect as the words dribble across the page...

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
It is reading a bit weird you defending staunchly your past calls, while deriding HR's own history of making calls...no?
Did you say Hodge WOULD be a future premiership captain, or "IMO" Hodge would become...yada yada? o_O:thumbsu:

Personally, with all the ITK guesstimating that gets done as s**t that's in the bag gonna happen, I read e v e r y t h i n g with a Morton Cannister full of salt. Even stuff I write myself gets little of my own respect as the words dribble across the page...
All I was pointing out was the difference between opinions as apposed to stating them as fact.

A good article explaining the possible draft trading procedure in the event that a club has to match a bid on a father/son, Academy or NGA player. The depth of talent in this draft could result in a number of curve balls.

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All I was pointing out was the difference between opinions as apposed to stating them as fact.

Yep, that I agree with. It just devolved a little from there....
But hey, we're a little short tempered here in Hawthorn land without super recent success...

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Yep, that I agree with. It just devolved a little from there....
But hey, we're a little short tempered here in Hawthorn land without super recent success...
True.

Could be worse though because imagine being a Handbagger supporter, even the dumb ones must now realise their coach is a fraud.

His 80% losing rate in Finals proves it.

Wise words for all BF disciples

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s pretty simple really. The emotional investment in these boards over things completely out of our control is far, far too high. It continually results in over the top blow outs that are undeniably entertaining. Hence, the admitted selfish enjoyment.

Of course Finn is ranked for us and unless we thought he was a complete dud (which is doubtful) then we’ll F/S him to get the discount. And we then pick him as late as possible, even we’ll down in the picks if he keeps falling, because the rules give us first dibs. This has been obvious since the rules we’re written.

Anyways, I find the melting entertaining.
I understand your point regarding emotional over investment in things on this board, but having that emotional investment in things or players can also be what gets people through a bleak and boring football off-season (or at least until pre-season training starts up and we have Axeman's training reports to calm everyone down).

But I guess where/what I don't really understand is why you would want to see melts of fellow Hawk supporters? Surely the melts you would want to see are those of opposition supporters, not our own? Again, each to their own, but I don't get it.

Maxie

Rookie
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will this boy be with us? What’s the update on him?

Attachments

• 2EE6FE92-C6E7-400C-AEDC-1B397F017D03.jpeg
    2EE6FE92-C6E7-400C-AEDC-1B397F017D03.jpeg
    223.5 KB · Views: 359

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Very lucky if you get a bid after 20 I think, Would be fascinating build up of Essendon did end up with a top 10 pick. I’m sure the banter leading up to the draft would be unbearable lol

It would be miraculous if Essendon could acquire a 2019 top 10 pick. Care to hypothesize on how you would achieve it?

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
It would be miraculous if Essendon could acquire a 2019 top 10 pick. Care to hypothesize on how you would achieve it?
As much as I would love to get one I can’t see how it gets done as next years draft isn’t looking as strong

Essendon need to lose their first rounder next year obviously but even with that and say a pick in the 30s this year is a hard sell to clubs

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
If you traded Daniher for 2 firsts, it would've been done.
Oh well at least they still have Mozzie. Oh and is the rumours true that Dodo wasn’t actually doing a fist pump? I heard that someone in Essendon’s draft room yelled out Mozzie and Dodo preceded to swat rather than fist pump 😂

Back