News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Worked for the Australian Cricketers Association after his playing career for a few years, then went to Woodville and left a year or so after they won the premiership to work for the SANFL.

I believe at the time he was expected to go back working with the SACA, but Port got him instead.

He held the CEO role at Woodville West Torrens before going to Port.

Anyone but Burton... I'd have been happy with Ros Kelly
exbZ81.gif

I think people here openly calling Chapman a liar and making sweeping insults to his character is unfair.

And I say that having previously said that I think he should have resigned following the Tippett scandal.
Like most left-leaning wombats who have outgrown their twenties there is a gross contradiction in your thought processes here.

The most obvious lie Chapman ever told was when he said he would explain the Tippet scandal to supporters when he got clear air.

But he didn't.

Ergo he lied.

Yet you think it's unfair to call him a liar.

But you maintain he should've resigned after the Tippet scandal...

Like most left-leaning wombats who have outgrown their twenties there is a gross contradiction in your thought processes here.

The most obvious lie Chapman ever told was when he said he would explain the Tippet scandal to supporters when he got clear air.

But he didn't.

Ergo he lied.

He may have had every intention to explain when he made that comment, but the club and Tippett were forced by the AFL to sign NDAs and not talk about the entire thing as part of the negotiation for the sanctions. The AFL wanted the bad publicity the story was giving it to disappear so tried to starve it of oxygen.

But he didn't.

Ergo he lied.

Unsure what the point of your first sentence is? Besides, I hardly think that someone defending a lying banker like Chapman is left leaning.

He may have had every intention to explain when he made that comment, but the club and Tippett were forced by the AFL to sign NDAs and not talk about the entire thing as part of the negotiation for the sanctions. The AFL wanted the bad publicity the story was giving it to disappear so tried to starve it of oxygen.
Trigg spoke about it later. Interview in the Advertiser

Right, except the sanctions were incredibly harsh, so I don't know how much negotiation went on.

Yet anyone qualified and intelligent enough to be in a Chairman's role should know that the likelihood of NDAs being presented and enforced would be incredibly high.

Chapman should have never promised something that he couldn't guarantee.

Yet anyone qualified and intelligent enough to be in a Chairman's role should know that the likelihood of NDAs being presented and enforced would be incredibly high.

... he may have intended to make a false promise knowing he couldn't meet it & hide behind the AFL's requirements.

Either way it's poor leadership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he just wasn't shrewd enough to realise what deep poop we'd gotten ourselves into.

Trigg had given him the rose coloured version of events - cancelled the side deal with Blucher, didn't go over the cap. We're sweet. Chapman had bought it.

It was unprecedented situation, there is no way anyone could have expected the level of s**t that went down.

blight by the proverbial for me. His coaching record in the modern AFL period is far superior to Sheedy. Far superior.
You know the inter web was barely in existence when Blighty was winning flags with us. I think pre internet everything is archaic somewhat. 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

Back