QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of rumours around player movement up this way.A few heading north to trinity beach and young Odwyer and Fitzpatrick heading to Aspley to have a crack at the neafl.Apparently have picked Up a really good player from west Perth and also a ripper from Belconnen.Always lots of talk and inuendo at this time of year!

Actually think u may be right there smy.Still think the panthers are favourites and strange that he s not interested in qafl.Is it me or do we start pre season earlier each year.Not sure anyone up here needs to start prior to the new year.Our season doesn’t begin until april 18 th no need for 5 months of training prior imo!

Agree - not sure any clubs in any other sport would start so early for this level of sport tbh. That's a late start mind you compared to this year - over a month later isn't it??

Agree - not sure any clubs in any other sport would start so early for this level of sport tbh. That's a late start mind you compared to this year - over a month later isn't it??
It would close to a month I reckon mate.An early start and early finish also.Havent heard how the Roos are travelling recruitment wise but a fair bit of movement both at Caloundra and Noosa.Just looking on panthers Facebook page they are picking up some really good talent.Noosa picked up a ripper from Belconnen ex neafl player and hoping to land the services of ex east Perth boy Mitch Davies.Need to cover a few with 2 moving interstate, 3 retiring,2 heading north and 2 to aspley.Positive signs that a Coolum/Noosa Colts merger will happen in 2020 is exciting for us!

It would close to a month I reckon mate.An early start and early finish also.Havent heard how the Roos are travelling recruitment wise but a fair bit of movement both at Caloundra and Noosa.Just looking on panthers Facebook page they are picking up some really good talent.Noosa picked up a ripper from Belconnen ex neafl player and hoping to land the services of ex east Perth boy Mitch Davies.Need to cover a few with 2 moving interstate, 3 retiring,2 heading north and 2 to aspley.Positive signs that a Coolum/Noosa Colts merger will happen in 2020 is exciting for us!

Really!! Well strike me down with a feather that common sense prevailed!! Good for club mate. Pleased to hear. Yeah Caloundra picking up a few which is good - all thru encumbent blokes connections - mates - which is the best way of recruiting in the main. (and the cheapest!) I think it will be pretty competitive season as Coorparoo opening cheque book too I've been told. GK?? :)

Really!! Well strike me down with a feather that common sense prevailed!! Good for club mate. Pleased to hear. Yeah Caloundra picking up a few which is good - all thru encumbent blokes connections - mates - which is the best way of recruiting in the main. (and the cheapest!) I think it will be pretty competitive season as Coorparoo opening cheque book too I've been told. GK?? :)

All the Buffs crowd very quiet? Any news on their recruiting? I’ve heard they are very confident of making an impact in Div 1.

Would need to recruit a few to be competitive I would think. I see they lost one of their key forwards to Kenmore?

All the Buffs crowd very quiet? Any news on their recruiting? I’ve heard they are very confident of making an impact in Div 1.

Would need to recruit a few to be competitive I would think. I see they lost one of their key forwards to Kenmore?

We are travelling nicely so far Blocker, good numbers to our first 2 sessions and some exciting new faces (and hopefully more to come it is still early). Yes big loss Knuckles to Kenmore but that's life, as you know mate you can't hang on to them all. And yes we are confident we won't be cannon fodder in our new comp, we will go ok.

Apparently Caloundra have secured the services of ex Sydney swan Brett Meredith.From all reports a terrific bloke and player.Played with port Douglas this year so maybe Dylan wearmouth had some influence.Good get if true!
Any truth to the rumour of the Panthers locking in Jacob mckey for another year? Heard he's primed to give it a red hot run this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noosa signed him last week Smy - and yes he shopped himself around, dont blame him for that, but Maroochydore couldn't and wouldn't match the big Noosa offer.
No big offers made here boys! I co manage the salary cap and our Comp cap is considerably lower than previous years.It was more that we were able to help him out with home finance through one of our major sponsors.

Heaps of player movement up here!Mckendrick,Holt,Mcdonald and Maher heading to trinity beach.Woods to Victoria,Sutton to tassie,Jeffries retired,young odwyer and Fitzy to Aspley and Ryan Torrance (played several senior games and won 2s b and f) to Nambour so plenty of shoes to fill.

No big offers made here boys! I co manage the salary cap and our Comp cap is considerably lower than previous years.It was more that we were able to help him out with home finance through one of our major sponsors.

what’s the plans for Noosa this year? Are they going to have a crack at winning it or are they going hold for a year before heading to the Premier League next year? Use this year as a development year bloody juniors etc

what’s the plans for Noosa this year? Are they going to have a crack at winning it or are they going hold for a year before heading to the Premier League next year? Use this year as a development year bloody juniors etc
Will definitely be having a crack at winning the comp and I’m sure the ‘back to back’ motivational mantra will present itself.Blooded several youngsters last year they really made a difference which I know Bova will continue with.We have a joint venture with Coolum in regard to our colts so that’s exciting and something we really want to focus upon and develop before heading into a higher comp in 2021.

Will definitely be having a crack at winning the comp and I’m sure the ‘back to back’ motivational mantra will present itself.Blooded several youngsters last year they really made a difference which I know Bova will continue with.We have a joint venture with Coolum in regard to our colts so that’s exciting and something we really want to focus upon and develop before heading into a higher comp in 2021.

that’s great news. Was interested to see what Noosa plans were. Bit of a limbo year but as I know you can’t wade to many of them

I see the fixture or ‘proposed’ fixture has been released and it looks good.In previous years we have had 3 home games in a row followed by 3 away games where as the home away home away approach has been adopted for 2020 which is terrific.Noosa back training twice a week,numbers good around mid thirties which is manageable some rain on the ground would be nice!

I see the fixture or ‘proposed’ fixture has been released and it looks good.In previous years we have had 3 home games in a row followed by 3 away games where as the home away home away approach has been adopted for 2020 which is terrific.Noosa back training twice a week,numbers good around mid thirties which is manageable some rain on the ground would be nice!
Can that be viewed anywhere yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back