Nostradamus Lives Stephen SOS Silvagni sacked from Carlton. Tom Browne upgraded to CCC- Junk Bond rating

Remove this Banner Ad

Why exactly is he being shown the door?

I think it might be a case of a mutual decision, where it benefits both parties.
Before Liddle & Lloyd came on board, SOS was pretty much able to do what he wanted with this list, but his wings have been clipped a little since these two appointments.

Also, with two of his sons on the list, and a possible third at the end of next year his conflict of interest just might become to great.

"a key architect in their resurgence "

Resurgence???? They came 16th!
Bang. I am amazed that everyone talks about Carlton as if they are going to Be the next big thing. 15 teams finished above them and underneath them Gold Coast don’t count at the moment so they were better than only one other serious team.

On the ladder only. We have loads more young talent than in 2016 and are poised to continue improving. In 2016 we had no signs of improving, hence the gutting of the list.
That's a personal opinion. I'd say Carlton have slightly more young talent in the way of Walsh, but that's about it. There's a difference between having young players and good young players.

Please don't call me an idiot. This is not the place for personal attacks.
Yet you(and many others) personally attack SOS (amongst others) through out this and other threads. And he is not even here to defend himself, you are yet you carry on like a baby when someone calls you out! Pathetic.

Yet you(and many others) personally attack SOS (amongst others) through out this and other threads. And he is not even here to defend himself, you are yet you carry on like a baby when someone calls you out! Pathetic.
Are you a family member of his?

Having goes at players, coaches and officials is a bit different to attacking a poster.

Pretty sure it's even in the boards rules.

I've called him a clown a couple of times and said he's been terrible at Carlton as well as the Giants and provided countless examples of such ineptitude in his role. That's it. Nothing more. If calling Stephen Silvagni a 'clown' is a personal attack in your mind, then I'm more than happy to abstain from doing it from now on.

Elite young talent, yes.

Pre SOS, there were at least Docherty and Cripps. Silvagni has arguably been worse than Hughes.
Ok, I get what you mean.

I'd argue Curnow, McKay and Weitering are elite young talent. I'd also put Setterfield and SPS in there as well, but I can see the argument against them. Then on top of them Walsh, like you already said. There's at least 4, potentially 6, A grade talents.

Looking back to pre-2016 there is only Cripps and Doc, then nothing.

So because he attacks SOS on a footy thread, that gives you the right to attack him, it seems there are double standards here.

I remember saying the same thing you did and got a day off, but you're still here, hmmm

Bootsma, Yarran, Lucas, Menzel, Boekhorst, Watson, Cripps is Hughes’ first round haul.

SOS is going to have to torch a heap of first rounders to get close to that steaming pile (minus Cripps).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My local second hand car salesman would do a better job negotiating trades than SOS. Can't believe SOS wouldn't give up pick 9 (in a week draft) for Papley who has kicked more goals than any Carlton player this year.

My local second hand car salesman would do a better job negotiating trades than SOS. Can't believe SOS wouldn't give up pick 9 (in a week draft) for Papley who has kicked more goals than any Carlton player this year.

Ah.......he did.

This is either a really bad troll or you really have no idea what you're talking about.

My favourite SOS trade of all time was when he turned Tom Bell and a 2nd round pick into the first rounder that netted us Charlie Curnow.

The McKay trade not far off.

If I'm reading this right, it seems to me Silvagni and Little have very different opinions on the direction of the club. It probably wasn't one thing, but a number of issues leading up to the decision. Certainly this trade period seems to have strained the relationship to breaking point.

Never nice when a club legend is shown the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back