Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
just soooo proud of this team......UNRELENTING pressure!!!

I watch that and cannot stop laughing. 37 years of pain, now we have a team that never gives up, passing to a full-forward that beats 3 oppo players while being scragged to take a contested mark, and then calmly slots it straight through.

Oh next year is going to be a lot of fun.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I watch that and cannot stop laughing. 37 years of pain, now we have a team that never gives up, passing to a full-forward that beats 3 oppo players while being scragged to take a contested mark, and then calmly slots it straight through.

it's not that long ago that as I follow the ball, i forever ask where are our players...where are they ? nowhere near to be seen so annoying...Now follow the ball at any time and there's always a pack of tigers...how times changed.

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
just soooo proud of this team......UNRELENTING pressure!!!

Just watched this again, and noticed just how much time every Richmond player has when they have the ball compared to each Geelong possession. And this is at a stage where there is less than a goal difference in the game. The only place where Geelong have multiple players actually putting direct pressure is around Lynchy, who takes the mark anyway.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
As much as i like the old Conca...gee I canna believe we did not pick Cut Lunch originally in that Draft when we had our chance opting for Conca instead!
In my book a big forward is too valuable to pass over for a mid fielder when their are so many of them in the draft!
In hindsight picking Conca with so many other options available Prestia?!? Lunch?!? was a big mistake!
Has it only just dawned on you that Conca was a mistake?

rmcq

????????????
Sep 6, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Context please...I love Conca!
But in my coaching book a big forward is preferable over a mid in the Draft cos mids are common, good forwards not!

Lets just remember that Conca was taken before not only Lynch, but also Caddy and Prestia. Took a bit of effort to fix that recruiting mistake, but we got them all in the end. Woo hoo!

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
He took quite a few marks in packs where the ball seemed to 'fall' into his arms - somehow. He's obviously very strong and very positionally aware in a contest. Seems to have great timing as well. He always looks in control in a marking conest - he rarely seems off-balance or out of play.

He's the player I'm looking forward to most in 2020 - a fit Lynch with a pre-season.
in his best season in 2016 he was statistically the #1 contested mark in the comp.

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all

to think oppo flogs said he was a dud when it was announced he was coming to us...

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
1573346625099.png

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all
lol just goes to show Nixon is a troll with no clue .
He's had an anti-Richmond agenda going for a couple of yrs now & is probably annoyed at being constantly being proved wrong. I unfollowed long ago as there is more insight from trolls on social media if i look in the right places.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
He's had an anti-Richmond agenda going for a couple of yrs now & is probably annoyed at being constantly being proved wrong. I unfollowed long ago as there is more insight from trolls on social media if i look in the right places.
Toot likes to incite rather than offer insight.

Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Just reading the chapter on Lynch in Konrad’s new book and he talks about being in the coaches box in 2016 vs GC and one of the coaches says “That. Boy. Is. A. Beast!” As Lynch tears Rance, of all people, a new one with 19 touches, 10 marks, 4 goals 2.

To say I’m a little bit excited by what he’ll bring to the table next year after a preseason is an understatement!

Lynch and JR got their shellgrit together by the end of the season. If they grow from there we could be in for an amazing year. And I do love how Dusty works with them, especially Lynch. Both for the other not actually blocking, but taking that front spot and 'snuggling' in nice and tight so that the marker has no opposition. Reckon the terrible trio could cause havoc next year.

I love that the goal at the start of the 3rd qtr and the goal to put us ahead in the QF involves our gold coast connection...... caddy to prestia to lunch...... yummy

Back